Queen Rania's visit to the US: November 5-8, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well she is supposed to be in CA on the 6th for the tech awards as well, yes?

Has she been to the glamour awards before?

She's been to the states more than she had spent time in her own country this year. And I agree that the glamour awards is too superficial for a queen to attend.

Tavi, Queen Rania, & Cher Are Glamour’s Women Of The Year

It’s a moment when the world takes notice of what women, famous and not-so-famous alike, have done for the world at large...
Article

November 6, 2010
One of the honored guests that evening will be Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, a world-renowned human rights and education advocate. Queen Rania is the recipient of this year's James C. Morgan Global Humanitarian Award...
Article

Last edited:
2010 Global Humanitarian Award Recipient - Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan
World-renowned human rights and education advocate Queen Rania Al Abdullah of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan has been named recipient of the 2010 James C. Morgan Global Humanitarian Award by The Tech Museum. More
Twitter
enRania
If a mother is literate, a child is 50% more likely to survive past age 5 #UniteforGirls PLZ RT

5 ways U can help. Give a High Five | GirlUp | United Nations Foundation | Uniting Girls to Change the World E.g. give $5 or more to provide school supplies/ check-up for a girl #UniteforGirls PLZ RT

That's GirlUp: harnessing the power of American girls for girls in the developing world #UniteforGirls Homepage | GirlUp | United Nations Foundation | Uniting Girls to Change the World PLZ RT

What I really admire about young people, especially girls, is your commitment to giving back #UniteforGirls

Heading to pep rally at Marlborough School in CA for GirlUp #UniteforGirls
Homepage | GirlUp | United Nations Foundation | Uniting Girls to Change the World

Last edited:
Press release about event. I wonder if this program will help girls in Jordan at all. Has anyone noticed that all of her international campaigns seem to be about helping developing countries other than her own (i.e. Africa)?

United Nations Foundation's Girl Up Unite For Girls Tour Arrives In Los Angeles

The United Nations Foundation is taking its Unite for Girls Tour to Los Angeles to help introduce its newest campaign - Girl Up - which encourages American girls to channel their energy and compassion to raise awareness and funds for their counterparts in the developing world. The Girl Up campaign aims to raise awareness about the 600 million adolescent girls living in developing countries who lack access to basic needs such as education and health care, and encourages American girls to give back.

Last edited:
Press release about event. I wonder if this program will help girls in Jordan at all. Has anyone noticed that all of her international campaigns seem to be about helping developing countries other than her own (i.e. Africa)?

United Nations Foundation's Girl Up Unite For Girls Tour Arrives In Los Angeles

The United Nations Foundation is taking its Unite for Girls Tour to Los Angeles to help introduce its newest campaign - Girl Up - which encourages American girls to channel their energy and compassion to raise awareness and funds for their counterparts in the developing world. The Girl Up campaign aims to raise awareness about the 600 million adolescent girls living in developing countries who lack access to basic needs such as education and health care, and encourages American girls to give back.

I agree and attending a high school pep rally? really? It's too superficial for a Queen IMO -- she should be attending more schools in her own country.

I agree and attending a high school pep rally? really? It's too superficial for a Queen IMO -- she should be attending more schools in her own country.

didn't she just go to a bunch of madrasati schools? it's a pep rally for a UN initiative encouraging youth outreach programs that facilitate a global concern for teen peers. I didn't realize this wasn't worthy of a queen, a queen who works for the UN, global issues, and encouraging today's youth to be more prosocial...:huh: why are people always on her back?

Queen Rania`s tweets
Technology isn't just a luxury of the developed world; it's a crucial tool for the developing world #TechAwards

So many life-saving, life-lifting inventions. Be sure to find out what tech can do for humanity! #TechAwards The Tech Awards - Technology Benefiting Humanity

Honored to receive the Humanitarian Tech Award. Inspired by the imagination and compassion of Tech Laureates! #TechAwards

Last edited:
didn't she just go to a bunch of madrasati schools? it's a pep rally for a UN initiative encouraging youth outreach programs that facilitate a global concern for teen peers. I didn't realize this wasn't worthy of a queen, a queen who works for the UN, global issues, and encouraging today's youth to be more prosocial...:huh: why are people always on her back?

She's queen of one of the poorest countries in the Middle East and I sincerely believe most, if not all of, her efforts at home and abroad should revolve around helping her fellow Jordanians. I know she visits a lot of schools in her own country. My issue is that every time she either gets involved in an international campaign or starts one, it never seems to have a direct impact on Jordan. For example, the 1Goal program wasn't about raising money/awareness for education in Jordan but for Africa. If these international campaigns do have a material impact on Jordan, then her office needs to do a much better job of communicating that. Otherwise attending pep rallies in LA just look like a publicity stunt so she can continue to win awards like the two she just picked up in the last few days.

Last edited:
She's queen of one of the poorest countries in the Middle East and I sincerely believe most, if not all of, her efforts at home and abroad should revolve around helping her fellow Jordanians. I know she visits a lot of schools in her own country. My issue is that every time she either gets involved in an international campaign or starts one, it never seems to have a direct impact on Jordan. For example, the 1Goal program wasn't about raising money/awareness for education in Jordan but for Africa. If these international campaigns do have a material impact on Jordan, then her office needs to do a much better job of communicating that. Otherwise attending pep rallies in LA just look like a publicity stunt so she can continue to win awards like the two she just picked up in the last few days.

Well said Adamari. Too much jetsetting and picking up these silly awards that only benefit her personal image and not enough time spent addressing Jordanian problems and there are huge social problems in Jordan. She has spent too much time building an international platform for her own image and not enough being queen of Jordan and I mean a real queen not just in name only. Pep rallies, Glamour magazine, Letterman show it just cheapens the office of queen.

It's quite tiring to read the same comments posted over & over again, I think said once is more than enough, we do get your point/opinion & it's quite clear. Rania has been helping Jordanian's and it is clear if you go through all the different threads, addressing their problem internationally is clearly not what she wants to do but while abroad, she focuses on problems that need a bigger group to help and help those who have nobody to speak for.

That is one weird looking award. I wonder if we will get her speech, interesting what she would have to say.

She does not do much for Jordan but her press office is very active making it appear that way.

She is too mature for that dress and the speech will be as repetitive as all the others she makes using the same metaphors and tired phrases. It gets quite tiring to hear the same thing being said over and over again I agree.

She does not do much for Jordan but her press office is very active making it appear that way.

She is too mature for that dress and the speech will be as repetitive as all the others she makes using the same metaphors and tired phrases. It gets quite tiring to hear the same thing being said over and over again I agree.

well this time I really find it not a useful or important visit ; I know I am not that one who can judge but as speaking as normal Jordanian following daily news she could have sent a video spent more time here espically today in 9/11 the anniversary for amman bombings ...

Back
Top Bottom