Queen Rania in New York: September 22-25, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the Clinton Global Initiative is taking place 23 to 26 September when Rania will apparently be in NY. Does anyone know if she is participating?

She isn't mentioned in the "Featured Attendees" section, so it doesn't look like it.

Looks like Rania will be at the CGI after all....

This year's attendees are expected to include, along with the two candidates, Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Afghan President Hamid Karzai, and the presidents of Mexico, Rwanda, Libera, and other countries. Also expected: former Vice President Al Gore, oilman T. Boone Pickens, and Ukrainian oligarch Victor Pinchuk.
Ben Smith's Blog: McCain to appear at Clinton conference; Obama to speak via satellite - Politico.com

Rania is apparently participating in the opening plenary session at 10 am on the 24th along with Bono (her new best friend) and Bill Clinton and Lance Armstrong. this was on the CGI website

Queen Rania and Bono attended the CGI together in 2005, the year it was launched. She and King Abdullah skipped the event last year (when it also fell during Ramadan).

will this one be her only activity in new york? she seems pretty active every time she visits. do you think we'll get a schedule of her activities?

will this one be her only activity in new york? she seems pretty active every time she visits. do you think we'll get a schedule of her activities?

Not sure if we will get a schedule like other houses do but im pretty sure a few articles will mention dates & places if she will have activities which I am pretty sure she will have a few meetings, well I hope so :)

Listed activities so far:
- CGI
- 2nd Annual World Savers Congress
- Awards ceremony organised by Synergos

On September 23rd, Conde Nast Traveler will convene at the 2nd Annual World Savers Congress to celebrate the companies that are turning the travel industry's enormous potential to improve the planet into reality. Our goal is to recognize members of the travel industry who are already making the world a better place and to provide a forum for engaged discussion of the challenges ahead. I'm pleased that I will have at my side during the Congress the visionary economist Jeffrey Sachs, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, and Ashley Judd. I believe their words will serve to both educate and inspire us all.
Klara Glowczewska: Can Travel Change the World?

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

TUESDAY, September 23
• New York: Conde Nast Traveler's 2nd annual World Savers Congress
• New York: David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award from BRAC

WEDNESDAY, September 24
• New York: Clinton Global Initiative, opening plenary session, 10 a.m.

THURSDAY, September 25
• New York: In My Name launch

More on the In My Name launch
THE GCAP E-LETTER - September 16th 2008 - Edition #28 — Global Call to Action Against Poverty (GCAP)

Plans for the launch of In My Name are progressing well and several high-profile people will take part in the launch on September 25 including Queen Rania or Jordan, Mary Robinson and Angelique Kidjo. The In My Name web site will soon be live at White Band Action.

Rowling's £1m helps party as her friend Sarah Brown takes stage | Politics | The Observer

Rowling's £1m helps party as her friend Sarah Brown takes stage

Mrs Brown, a mother of two sons and of a daughter who died shortly after birth, has been working with the charity the White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood. She will co-host a women's dinner in New York next week with Jordan's Queen Rania and Wendi Murdoch, wife of the newspaper mogul Rupert, signalling that she is developing an influential political role in her own right.

The story does not give a date for this dinner, but it might be on Thursday, the day the In My Name campaign is launched.

Africa: Celebrities Join Global Call to Action Against Poverty

Ahead of an emergency UN Summit on the Millennium Development Goals next week in New York, dignitaries, activists and celebrities including Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, Emeritus Archbishop Desmond Tutu , Annie Lennox, John Legend, Rahul Bose, Anqelique Kidjo, Scarlett Johansson, Missy Higgins, Emmanuel Jal, Wyclef Jean and Mischa Barton have come together for the Global Call to Action Against Poverty (GCAP) to challenge their leaders to keep their promise to halve poverty by 2015. ...

allAfrica.com: Africa: Celebrities Join Global Call to Action Against Poverty (Page 1 of 1)

A lot of events crammed into a few days, sounds like a busy visit and it might finally give us an excuse to see some evening gowns on Queen Rania!

Last edited:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

MONDAY, September 22
• NYC: Meets with French first lady and media mogul’s wife

TUESDAY, September 23
• NYC: Conde Nast Traveler's 2nd annual World Savers Congress
• NYC: David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award from BRAC

WEDNESDAY, September 24
• NYC: Clinton Global Initiative, opening plenary session, 10 a.m.
• NYC: White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood, The Carlyle Hotel

THURSDAY, September 25
• NYC: In My Name launch

They all look beautiful. Though what was the point of the three of them meeting?

The caption of the photo I posted before said:

This photo, supplied by the Jordanian government, shows Jordan's Queen Rania , center, posing with French first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy and Wendi Murdoch, right, wife of media mogul Rupert Murdoch, as they met to discuss a project to reduce maternal mortality by 75 percent by 2015, Monday, Sept. 22, 2008 in New York. On Wednesday, 100 women will meet at a dinner hosted by Queen Rania, Wendi Murdoch and Sarah Brown to call for action and collaboration with the United Nations on this goal, held at the The Carlyle Hotel.

Thanks for the photos and information. I think Rania and Wendi Murdoch attended a dinner at Davos on the issue of maternal mortality.

Does anybody know if Rania will be attending the GAVI Fund's Every Child Council on the 25th?

Queen Rania, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy and Wendi Murdoch, wife of News Corp Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch, pose in New York September 22, 2008 to discuss the need for further action to reduce maternal mortality by 75 percent by 2015. On September 24, 100 women will meet at a dinner hosted by Queen Rania, Wendi Murdoch and Sarah Brown to call for action and collaboration with the UN on this goal.
Daylife

Queen Rania announces establishment of unique park and woodland areas in Jordan

In an effort to promote the Middle East as an attractive travel option to prospective tourists, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah delivered the keynote address at the second annual Condé Nast World Savers Congress in New York, Tuesday.

The Queen also announced the establishment of several new parks in Jordan.

Speaking to an audience of hundreds of CEOs and travel industry leaders, Queen Rania emphasized many of the unique experiences that travelers can explore in the region... - Full Article

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

The eco-friendly parks sound like a good idea, although I do wonder about the water supplies they would need for such a project.

The Queen looks lovely.

I wonder where and when as I'll be in southern Jordan next month!

Back
Top Bottom