Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hania said:
There are many royals who smoke but which of them have been photographed in the act?I have seen pictures of:

Princess Benedikte,Queen Magerethe and Prince Fredrick of Denmark
King Harald of Norway
Princess Caroline and her son Andrea :angry: and Princess Stephanie

The Queen of England sister Lady Snowdon was a known chain smoker! :sick:
Please add more if u know of any!

Thanks! :rolleyes:
The late King George VI also smoked.So I guess,the late Princess Margaret inherited her dad's habit.As the result of his smoking habit,HM was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away peacefully in his sleep in the Royal Lodge,Sandringham in 1952 while The Queen was away in Kenya with The Duke of Edinburgh carrying out George VI's duties.

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
How reliable is The People.co.uk as a source? I know that I wouldn't trust certain of the UK papers as far as I could throw them (which, considering my lousy pitching arm, isn't very far.) So how reliable is it? Anyone?

It's not exactly a paper that I would choose to trust myself, however it is more reliable than say 'the sun'

juan carlos smoking a cohiba. abacapress.fr

1966530zt5.jpg

1966531fj5.jpg

Those are funny :lol: thanks rchainho. :flowers:

SpiffyBallerina said:
Does anyone know about whether or not the rest of the Greek RF smokes? Do Queen Ana Maria, Princess Alexia, Carlos Morales, CP Pavlos, Princess Theodora, and Prince Phillippos smoke?-Kathleen

Queen Anne Marie told Billed Bladet last week that she stopped smoking when she was pregnant with princess Theodora...

king juan carlos smoking cohiba is from a private visit in Amazonia (brazil) in 2000.

dutch couple smokes, king harald, chelsy, prince harry, princess margeret, queen margrethe, stephanie, caroline, pierre casiraghi, ...
abaca pics
10306602zz5.jpg

3224204ee6.jpg

rchainho said:
dutch couple smokes, king harald, chelsy, prince harry, princess margeret, queen margrethe, stephanie, caroline, pierre casiraghi, ...
abaca pics

King Harald quit smoking sometime around December 2003 when he underwent successful bladder surgery for cancer of the bladder.

44406_01_595lo.jpg

who is tis, looks like Nicole kidman and not a royal?

The picture I posted together with the quote, it is in the thread on this page that rchainho posted

I think bonnita means this pic, it's they only one with a woman on it who looks like Kidman. Don't know either, though...:ermm:

We'd better open a thread which is called 'which royal don't smoke?'. I think that would be far more interesting.:huh: I myself don't have huge problems with people who smoke (I wouldn't do it myself for the world, neither would I recommend anybody doing it, but well...), but I truly don't understand why almost all royals (who have a public function and need to set an example) are sticking to this bad habit.

Edit: Okay, I see you sorted it out already. :flowers:

King Harald smoked for years and quited it because of his heart problems:
Did / does Queen Sonja smoke? :wacko:

Or Haakon & Märtha?​

I remember a UK press report a few years ago which described Martha-Louise of Norway "chain-smoking" beside the ring at a horse show in which she was competing. Does anyone know if she still smokes, or has she given up since having a child?

Shahbanou Farah of Iran is also a smoker.

Last edited:
Does Queen Anne-Marie smoke? I noticed a recent photo of her today and her teeth had that yellowish smoker's tint to them, not unlike her sister Queen Margrethe.

According to an interview this year she gave up a long time ago.

Sorry, just read through the thread and discovered that Queen Anne-Marie hasn't smoked in many years....

Does Lady Gabriella still smoke or her parents or Brother

I read that King Juan Carlos smokes cigars and Queen Sofia cigarettes.. I thought they didn't smoke!

Gabriella does, Frederick does but their parents dont.

iowabelle said:
I don't know if it has been mentioned... but Sir Angus Ogilvy, who died of throat cancer on Dec. 26, was a smoker and patron of a cancer charity in the UK.
This is what I am wondering how many royals are patrons of causes or charites that are affected by smoking or second hand smoke-like cancer,heart,lung asthma ect.
Like Princess Anne I tried it as a teen hated it and haven't smoked since.I do understand that the attitudes about smoking are rather relaxed in Europe compared to the stigma it carries here in the U.S. I don't think any less of the smoking royals really vs the non smoking royals but I do admire those who are strongly anti- Prince Charles,Prince Edward,Prince Felipe,Prince Albert,Princess Mary of Denmark,QEII-I always heard that she never smoked,Diana,Andrew,Infanta Cristina and those who have given or are trying to give it up-Mett-Marit,Martha-Louise,CP Frederick,Prince Philip,CP Hakkon Queen Sofia, and any other who have given the habit up or are trying.Smoking affects more than those who smoke .My mother gave up smoking 15 years ago when a spot was discovered on her lung-it was the proudest I have ever been of anyone add to that I have two uncles who suffer smoke related illnesses so this issue hits home with me.I think the it's odd though that William and Harry smoke when neither Charles or Diana smoke(d)
I do have a question though the British royals seem to have more non-smokers than the other European royal families is there an anti smoking campaign in Britian?

Penny Lane said:
I do have a question though the British royals seem to have more non-smokers than the other European royal families is there an anti smoking campaign in Britian?

Might be because smoking killed George VI, although that never stopped Margaret or the Queen Mother smoking.

Smoking is banned in all enclosed public places in Scotland with England and Wales due to follow next year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom