Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just hope Charlotte Casiraghi doesn't start smoking like the rest of her family. She'll probably be the only one whos healthy and beautiful at the end of her life.

She'll probably be the only one whos healthy and beautiful at the end of her life.

Hardly anyone has Roman beauty at the end of their life. We all come to dust in the end and just before we slip off the mortal coil, the moisture drains - we get wrinkly, we get liver spots and we wet ourselves when running for the bus. That's not beautiful.

BeatrixFan said:
Hardly anyone has Roman beauty at the end of their life. We all come to dust in the end and just before we slip off the mortal coil, the moisture drains - we get wrinkly, we get liver spots and we wet ourselves when running for the bus. That's not beautiful.

Geeeeeeez! Harsh on the elderly folks!

We all get old and we don't know how long we'll live. So if our choices don't hurt others we should do what we want to, how we want to.

Yes, others smoking can hurt you, that's been proven. But, Queen Margrethe smoking really can't be blamed for the high mortality rate in Denmark, as the reporter? said, if every woman in Denmark followed the Queen's lead, they'd all wear awkward hats.

BeatrixFan said:
Hania - she's living her life doing what she wants to do. And she says, we're all free to make choices. She isn't hooked on eating lettuce and drinking bottled water to stay on the planet for 130 years - she wants to do everything and try everything. And God Bless her for it.

Oh "BF"

I dont know whether to laugh or cry sometimes :)

"MII"

Margrethe II said:
Oh "BF"

I dont know whether to laugh or cry sometimes :)

"MII"

Laugh definately! Life is over quickly anyway, live on your own terms and do everything you want to!:D :)

HRHAmy said:
I just hope Charlotte Casiraghi doesn't start smoking like the rest of her family. She'll probably be the only one whos healthy and beautiful at the end of her life.

I'm affraid that Charlotte has already started to smoke. I've seen many photos of her smoking, about 2 years ago. Now I did not see such pics, hope that she's given up:confused: , or if no that she is not such a serial smoker than her mother, EA, or her brother Andrea. You can not see a single pic of them without a cigarette stucked on their mounth/finger.

As about the general theory of having pleasures in our life, or arrive old but without pleasures, I just wish to point out that the smoking pleasure its a pleasure only for the smoker. All the others just suffer from the smoke, they do not feel any pleasure and they even not have the right to the choice of a fresh air!

Last edited:
exactly my point fandesacs 2003, I respect ur point of view Beatrix fan!!!!

here in my country, smokin is illegal in any mall, airport or resturant outside a desgnitated area and i think that it is good. there special areas at work and at these places to light up.

OK, LOL! I'm totally confused as to which royals smoke. Could someone give a recap, please? Thank you in advance!

-Emily

RoyalEnquirer said:
OK, LOL! I'm totally confused as to which royals smoke. Could someone give a recap, please? Thank you in advance!

-Emily
King Juan Carlos
Queen Sofia
Infanta Elena

Queen Margrethe II
Prince Joachim
Queen Beatrix ? (unsure)
the Prince of Orange
the Princess of Orange
King Constantine II
Princess Caroline
Prince Ernst August of Hannover
Princess Stephanie
King Juan Carlos I (unsure about cigarettes, does smoke cigars)
Queen Sofia ? (unsure)

bct88 said:
Queen Margrethe II
Prince Joachim
Queen Beatrix ? (unsure)
the Prince of Orange
the Princess of Orange
King Constantine II
Princess Caroline
Prince Ernst August of Hannover
Princess Stephanie
King Juan Carlos I (unsure about cigarettes, does smoke cigars)
Queen Sofia ? (unsure)
I'm pretty sure Queen Beatrix smokes (at least she used to smoke). I remember having seen pictures of her smoking several years ago. I tried to find them, but there is nothing to be found... :eek:

Sometimes I think it would be wiser to open a thread called: which royals don't smoke and haven't done it? :rolleyes:

Maxie said:
I'm pretty sure Queen Beatrix smokes (at least she used to smoke). I remember having seen pictures of her smoking several years ago. I tried to find them, but there is nothing to be found... :eek:

Sometimes I think it would be wiser to open a thread called: which royals don't smoke and haven't done it? :rolleyes:

i have to agree. yes queen beatrix smokes though she takes care that she's never photographed doing it.

I remember her hiding from the cameras at the weddingreception of Philip and Mathilde, to have a smoke in private (I believe Josephine-Charlotte joined her).

Marengo said:
I remember her hiding from the cameras at the weddingreception of Philip and Mathilde, to have a smoke in private (I believe Josephine-Charlotte joined her).

Hmmm, she'd rather quit that odd habit, her life would be so much easier...
She must really like to smoke then... :rolleyes:

Maxie said:

Maybe we should start a thread: Which Royals don't smoke?:rolleyes: Present and past.
It would be short thread.

Charlotte Casiraghi smokes too I'll search in my pc some pics and I'll post later ;)

Does Prince William smoke? I've heard sooo many times that he does.I don't if it has been said before, but Princess Haya smokes.:) :)

What about my two favorite royals, Prince Frederik & Prince Felipe? Are they smokers? I also heard that Princess Victoria smokes or smoked at one time. Is there any truth to this rumor? Thanks!

Emily

RoyalEnquirer said:
What about my two favorite royals, Prince Frederik & Prince Felipe? Are they smokers? I also heard that Princess Victoria smokes or smoked at one time. Is there any truth to this rumor? Thanks!

Emily

the answer is in previous pages of this thread, I don't remember exactly, but you have to check it;)

Please read through the thread before posting so that the same questions aren't asked over and over.

I realize that it is a long thread, but asking the same question that was asked 5, maybe 10, pages ago, only makes it longer and more difficult to get an overview. Thank you.

Sorry about that! From what I've observed, many of the royals of Europe smoke, and it is a little shocking to me, but I also think that smoking is not as frowned upon in Europe as it is in the U.S. I am a bit surprised that Queen Margrethe is so open about her smoking habit, but I guess she is the Queen! I just hope that the future generations of European Royalty will be taught that smoking is a VERY bad habit!

Emily :)

P.S. I hope no one minds that I put in my two cents worth!

I Read that Prince Philip used to smole I Didnt know that

RoyalEnquirer said:
Sorry about that! From what I've observed, many of the royals of Europe smoke, and it is a little shocking to me, but I also think that smoking is not as frowned upon in Europe as it is in the U.S. I am a bit surprised that Queen Margrethe is so open about her smoking habit, but I guess she is the Queen! I just hope that the future generations of European Royalty will be taught that smoking is a VERY bad habit!

Emily :)

P.S. I hope no one minds that I put in my two cents worth!

You're right, it's not such a big deal in Europe. I think it's also a generation thing - now, smoking tends to have a worse image than twenty years ago, so many young people don't smoke. So many of the young royals aren't as likely to become smokers as their parents or grandparents (-> e.g. Queen Margarethe).

Smilla said:
You're right, it's not such a big deal in Europe. I think it's also a generation thing - now, smoking tends to have a worse image than twenty years ago, so many young people don't smoke. So many of the young royals aren't as likely to become smokers as their parents or grandparents (-> e.g. Queen Margarethe).

I've read somewhere that Quuen Margrete does not respect the non smoking instructions. The example of the Kopenhage Opera was mentionned, it is a fully non-smoking place, except the Queen's loge, where she smokes.
If it is true I find behavior vary bad:eek:

Back
Top Bottom