Which countries would you like to see Charles & Camilla visit over the next few years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like them to visit Israel. I don't think a major figure from the BRF has visited there.:flowers:

I would like them to visit Israel. I don't think a major figure from the BRF has visited there.:flowers:

Right now with all the unrest in the Middle East, I think if any member of the BRF were to visit Israel, it would be given too much of a political spin. There would have to be a reason behind the visit I'd think.

Due to the political message that would send they haven't visited officially but...a number have made unofficial visits, particularly Philip when his mother was interred there. I believe Edward went there a few years back - but again a low key unofficial visit.

Didn't Charles attend the funeral of Yitzhak Rabin? I recall that he also wanted to visit the grave of his grandmother, Princess Alice, but was told that the security arrangement would be too difficult.

E-mail snub to Israel by Prince Charles' aides sparks furor - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Prince Charles to Israel? Don't bet on it - World news - Europe - Britain's royal family - msnbc.com

Based in these articles from 2007 I would argue that no member of the British royal family attended Rabin's funeral in 1995.

The second article includes the following comment:
No British royal has ever paid a state visit to Israel, although Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, visited the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial in Jerusalem in 1994.
He attended a ceremony honoring his mother, Princess Alice of Greece, for saving Greek Jews during World War II.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3472132,00.html

This article has an outline of the events of 2007

Last edited:
E-mail snub to Israel by Prince Charles' aides sparks furor - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Prince Charles to Israel? Don't bet on it - World news - Europe - Britain's royal family - msnbc.com

Based in these articles from 2007 I would argue that no member of the British royal family attended Rabin's funeral in 1995.

The second article includes the following comment:
No British royal has ever paid a state visit to Israel, although Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, visited the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial in Jerusalem in 1994.
He attended a ceremony honoring his mother, Princess Alice of Greece, for saving Greek Jews during World War II.

Prince Charles' aides try to thwart Israel visit - Israel News, Ynetnews

This article has an outline of the events of 2007

Thank you for all this information Iluvbertie.:flowers:

Didn't Charles attend the funeral of Yitzhak Rabin? I recall that he also wanted to visit the grave of his grandmother, Princess Alice, but was told that the security arrangement would be too difficult.

Yes. Prince Charles did attend Yitzak Rabin's funeral on 4 November 1995, along with his good friend King Hussein of Jordan. It should be fairly easy to confirm this by looking up the Court Circular for the following day.

This article in The Times states that Charles did go to Rabin's funeral:

"No member of the Royal Family has made a formal state visit to Israel, although the Duke of Edinburgh went to Yad Vashem and planted a tree in memory of his mother in 1994. The Prince of Wales attended the funeral of Yitzhak Rabin and the Duke of Wessex [sic] made a private trip to Haifa. "

I think it would be useful for C&C to carry out a tour of some of the African countries that are part of the Commonwealth.

They should come to Hawaii and have a tropical retreat.

Thank you all for the information on Prince Charles and Israel. :flowers:

They should come to Hawaii and have a tropical retreat.

Considering Camilla's known dislike of the heat why would you want them to have a retreat in a climate in which she would be uncomfortable?

Have they been to Australia since marrying?

I hope they accompany the Queen to the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in Perth, Western Australia, in October 2011 ... but I hope they don't replace her!

Have they been to Australia since marrying?

No - Charles came here after the engagement was announced but before the marriage. Since then he hasn't been invited to visit this country.

If he comes to Perth with the Queen and DoE he want get much press coverage as whatever coverage will focus on the Queen.

Following the devastating earthquake in NZ yesterday / today, I would like C&C to visit NZ for any memorial or commemorative services held.

:previous: And if (although I like the thought I doubt it very much) they can visit New Zealand, they surely they could visit flood devestated Queensland as well.

:previous: And if (although I like the thought I doubt it very much) they can visit New Zealand, they surely they could visit flood devestated Queensland as well.

I agree, I do belieeve they should have gone to Australia last year, insteadof Anne. It would have been a good opportunity for Charles to introduce Camilla to Australia, but clearly things turned out differently.

It would be nice to see them in NZ or Australia soon.

Given the cost of flying them and their entourage out here I would prefer them to donate that cost to the relief efforts and attend a memorial service in Britain - as there is sure to be one given the number of ex-pats there.

And if they paid for the cost themselves, would you accept a visit?
They made a donation to the relief fund after the floods, i'm sure they will do the same this time.

It would be nice if they would introduce themselves to the people who live in the UK. Yes, it's nice they're going to visit Canada. But, what about Huddersfield, York, Durham, Blackpool, the Lake District and all the other people in England who may never have the opportunity to see them?

And if they paid for the cost themselves, would you accept a visit?
They made a donation to the relief fund after the floods, i'm sure they will do the same this time.

It isn't up to me to accept them - but frankly I see no reason for foreigners to come and gawp at our tragedy in the name of sympathising with the suffering here.

It would be nice if they would introduce themselves to the people who live in the UK. Yes, it's nice they're going to visit Canada. But, what about Huddersfield, York, Durham, Blackpool, the Lake District and all the other people in England who may never have the opportunity to see them?

I didn't know that Charles and Camilla were going to Canada as well as William and Kate.

People go on and on about how much money goes into a visit, and yet it is spread out right across the board that the cost to the inadvidual taxpayer is so incredibly low.

Physical representation to any such affected areas at an appropriate time would be appropriate.

Until any such time that Australia has removed the monarchy, then there is no reason why the heir to this throne should not undertake a visit by either invitation, or by pursuing that option at his own request.

but frankly I see no reason for foreigners to come and gawp at our tragedy in the name of sympathising with the suffering here.

Your opinion and of course you're welcome too it but I think it rather poor to suggest that foreigners, be it some that are of constitutional significance in this commonwealth, should not visit and be able to empathise with people affected by natural tragedy in person. Gawp at our tragedy? A perfecly frivolous statement.

Looking beyond ones own prejudice and recognising that it can do good for the spirits of many having someone with such a profile take interest in their community is what should be considered.

It's not a monarchist issue, it's not a republican issue. It is something which should be done because it would be an appropriate thing to do.

The Princess Royal made a visit to attend a state memorial that was held two or so weeks after the Black Saturday Bushfires and the press and community spoke very favourably of her 24 hour visit on behalf of the Queen. She also visited affected communities and people were very excited to have her there expressing very real concern and interest.

Whether some wish to acknoweldge it or not, it does mean something.

@ KittyAtlanta...

You make a very good point.

Last edited:
Before the tragic earthquake, I was quite hoping that Charles and Camilla wld go to New Zealand soon. There is an election coming up in November, perhaps they can come after that and open parliament? Has the Queen ever sent a member of the royal family to open parliament before?

Isn't Prince Charles rather concerned about his carbon footprint? That's how I understood his speech on February 9. Of course, there are modern commercial airplanes that have a much lower impact than say, motoring about by car across the entire North American continent, but perhaps PC wants to set an example?

I think New Zealand could use help and sympathy, but I wonder if Prince Charles wants to spend carbon if he can avoid it. I think he's trying very hard to be an example in that sort of thing.

Is it true they are coming to Canada?

William and Catherine are visiting Canada, not Charles and Camilla.

And if the duo can visit the US, Canada, Asia minor and Middle East, then I find the argument of carbon footprint to be a poor one in relation to visiting Commonwealth countries that he currently stands to "inherit".

Last edited:
William and Catherine are visiting Canada, not Charles and Camilla.

And if the duo can visit the US, Canada, Asia minor and Middle East, then I find the argument of carbon footprint to be a poor one in relation to visiting Commonwealth countries that he currently stands to "inherit".

Of course those countries actually invite him and the Commonwealth ones don't so he can't simply turn up. That says a lot in itself with many reports suggesting that he won't become the next Head of the Commonwealth.

C&C typically undertake two major official trips abroad a year, and spend a fair amount of time over the rest of the year carrying out engagements across the UK. Forexample, at the time of the foot and mouth crisis, Charles went to the Lake District to highlight the problems and to promote tourism. similarly, parts of Yorkshire were flooded a few years ago, and Charles visited. Camilla was recently in Birmingham carrying out engagements. Every year, they spend a week in Wales, and some time in Cornwall carrying out engagements. You only have to look at their schedules to get a sense of how much they typically travel within the UK as well.

Back
Top Bottom