Where will Guillaume live once he marries?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the pre-wedding interview Guillaume mentioned that he & Stephanie won't live at Berg Castle but in a villa elsewhere in Luxembourg.

Does anyone know the name of the villa or where it is located. ? I want to write to them / send them a card. :flowers:

Welcome Mariel1, I love following this family because they are beautiful to look at and down to earth, but have lost none of the regal dignity which is so sadly lacking in some of the other Ruling Families.

Even the misstep with Louis and Tessy was handled with dignity and discretion...and they seem to have now grown into a happy and lovely little family.

Of course it was handled with dignity and discretion...because the press didn't jump all over it!

Some of those "other ruling Families" don't have the luxury of obscurity; the media is all over them, 24/7. They have little hope of keeping anything private.

But unless there is an event on the scale of the royal wedding, there is little global interest in Luxembourg. (Many of our fellow countrymen would not be able to locate it on a map, let alone name any members of the ruling family).

It's easy to emphasize the good and distract from the bad when you don't have the paparazzi hounding you.

Last edited:
Did Stephanie and Guillaume not say in the interview that they would NOT live at Berg? I think they did say that, but I could be mistaken.

Yes they did say that. Guillaume has not lived there for sometime. I can't imagine that their future residence could be kept secret for very long or why it should be a secret.

Of course it was handled with dignity and discretion...because the press didn't jump all over it!

Some of those "other ruling Families" don't have the luxury of obscurity; the media is all over them, 24/7. They have little hope of keeping anything private.

But unless there is an event on the scale of the royal wedding, there is little global interest in Luxembourg. (Many of our fellow countrymen would not be able to locate it on a map, let alone name any members of the ruling family).

It's easy to emphasize the good and distract from the bad when you don't have the paparazzi hounding you.

Obviously they benefit from the relatively low profile that they have outside of Europe, and from the respect the Lux press affords them inside the Grand Duchy.

But regardless of who is or who isn't interested in them I think they manage their personal lives with dignity and discretion. You don't have to live in obscurity to manage that. One really has very little to do with another, imo.

They might have hounded Louis to marry Tessy immediately. Pressured her to terminate the pregnancy. Cold shouldered or snubbed her. Tessy could have then run and sold her sordid stories to the tabloids like QEII's cousin Marina Ogilvy did back in the 90's...whining and crying about how mummy and daddy wanted her to get an abortion and save the family honor after she became pregnant, and what a cold and dysfunctional family life they had.

Very few people outside of Britain knew or cared who Marina Ogilvy was, but that didn't stop her from embarrassing the BRF and making a spectacle of herself. :bang:

Henri and Maria Teresa quietly supported their teenage son and his girlfriend and later welcomed her and their grandchild into the family with love. She has not put a foot wrong since. She is loyal to her in-laws and devoted to Louis and their children.

Again, dignified behavior has nothing to do with paparrazzi interest or how well known you are, imo.

Last edited:
We'll have to agree to disagree; I think it is much easier to keep a low profile if nobody cares what you do.
With the press around, the picture changes.

Marina's situation was in the tabloids here, as I recall. If Tessy had sold her story, would she even have found a buyer? Maybe, maybe not.

So has it been determined where they have set up housekeeping yet?

We'll have to agree to disagree; I think it is much easier to keep a low profile if nobody cares what you do.
With the press around, the picture changes.

It depends. Totally unrelated to royalty but somewhat related to the topic, some of the most well-known Hollywood stars manage to keep a famously low profile.

Marina's situation was in the tabloids here, as I recall. If Tessy had sold her story, would she even have found a buyer? Maybe, maybe not.

In the pre-wedding interview Guillaume mentioned that he & Stephanie won't live at Berg Castle but in a villa elsewhere in Luxembourg.

Does anyone know the name of the villa or where it is located. ? I want to write to them / send them a card. :flowers:
In this article about the first 100 days as a princess, it's mentioned that Guillaume and Stéphanie is living in a villa near the castle of Colmar-Berg: Wort.lu - Les 100 premiers jours d'une princesse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom