Wedding of William & Catherine: Television Coverage and Lead-Up Programs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea you can never fail with the flip a coin trick, or even enny meeny miney moe! I've always loved CBC too I find their commentators know what their talking about! Even when they had the Olympics they were the only network I watched. CTV I remember covered Concert for Diana and they're broadcasters annoyed me to death. They also did her memorial service though I missed it due to a dentist appointment so I dunno how they did with that.

^^ I wonder if it is actually NBC filming this or if it is a lot like other BRF behind the scenes stuff (ie. The Queen's Castle, Monarchy) which is filmed by a film/production studio (whatever you call it! :) ) and broadcasted by whomever wants to air it?

for me, the coverage that doesn't have a Brit commentator doesn't have the gravitas that the coverage of the ones that do. Watching Charles and Camilla's wedding from the CBC wasn't the same as watching the BBC's coverage. Both were good, but as a Canadian there's something about watching a British royal wedding and listening to our commonwealth brethren!

Either way - that behind the scenes preparations will be a "can't miss"!!!

Last edited:
I just came across a channel here in so. cal called "ovation" and all this week they are showing the same royal programs over and over each night and then Saturday they are showing them all in a row incase you miss one during the week. I think they have a biography of William called: Becoming a Prince, and a couple of Diana regarding her dresses and her jewels. another called Bertie and Elizabeth. And another one regarding William & Kate.
Since this is a new channel, I'm not sure if other cable/satellite companies have it. I had never heard of it until last night! So suprise!

So,is CBC going to cover the wedding directly?

I assume so if not I know CTV is for a fact but I'm guessing CBC is a given. Global also announced coverage for the wedding.

The article just implies that your program will be a re-hash of what we already know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Is there a way to watch your programs for people who don't get the Ovation channel?

I caught the last 15 minutes yesterday, and noticed you have a bunch of royalty-based programming...for example I dvr'd a program about "becoming a prince" and another about Diana. I hate to sound ignorant but I've never heard of your channel until I happened upon it yesterday...what is your format/premise?

Just in case you look back into the forums for feedback, I'd like to say that one big drawback to your programming is that it is not closed captioned for the hearing impaired. I realize that it isn't a big deal for most viewers but it did keep me from watching the programs.

Added a day later...

The program Becoming a Prince wasn't closed captioned. I did watch the program Bertie and Elizabeth tonight and it was simply fantastic and very well done AND closed captioned

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long the coverage on the day will be??. Prince Charles's wedding to Camilla was 3 1/2 hours. I was just watching Sophie & Edwards wedding when I was trying to copy it off my VCR and it started 1/2 hour before the service, but they had 1 hour of pre wedding coverage depending where you live. I think in total it was about 3 hours or so as well.

I'm guessing with coverage of arrivals, ceremony, departures and balcony appearance it could be 4-5 hours?. Does that make sense or am I way out??
How long do you think the wedding coverage will be on the day??? :)

Last edited:
4-5 hours is probably about right. :)

4-5 hours is probably about right. :)
Not more? :ermm::ermm::ermm: I remember when our CP Couple got married that the TV-coverage was on from 7:00am - 01:30/02:30am (can´t remember the exact endtime)...

FasterB said:
Not more? :ermm::ermm::ermm: I remember when our CP Couple got married that the TV-coverage was on from 7:00am - 01:30/02:30am (can´t remember the exact endtime)...

Unfortunately we won't be as fortunate with this wedding if history is anything to go by! I have about 13 hours of coverage from Victoria and Daniel's wedding recorded, yet if I were to combine the coverage I have of Charles's wedding to Diana and wedding to Camilla, Andrew and Sarah's wedding and Edward and Sophie's wedding it might make around 10 hours or so.

I'd LOVE to see William and Kate's wedding have the kind of coverage Victoria & Daniel had, but I doubt it will happen. I'll be glued to my tv lovin' every moment in any case. Plus, it's kinda fun to have it play out in your mind - how the first dance went, who talked to who at the reception, who said what during the speeches... :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately we won't be as fortunate with this wedding if history is anything to go by! I have about 13 hours of coverage from Victoria and Daniel's wedding recorded, yet if I were to combine the coverage I have of Charles's wedding to Diana and wedding to Camilla, Andrew and Sarah's wedding and Edward and Sophie's wedding it might make around 10 hours or so.

I'd LOVE to see William and Kate's wedding have the kind of coverage Victoria & Daniel had, but I doubt it will happen. I'll be glued to my tv lovin' every moment in any case. Plus, it's kinda fun to have it play out in your mind - how the first dance went, who talked to who at the reception, who said what during the speeches... :)
The MOST I can see us getting IF ANYTHING is perhaps some news coverage of arrivals to the night time reception and maybe a picture or so according to Richard it hasn't been sorted but they're considering..he told me a big meeting will be held shortly and media coverage will be revealed.

The BRF are a lot more private then European royal couples. We will see the wedding, carriage ride and balcony appearance. We'll possible see the arrivals of guests to the evening dinner Charles is hosting and that will be it. No wedding breakfast shown or first dance unfortunately. :)

I wonder if the BRF makes their own private videos during the reception. Like a friend filming instead of a BBC cameraman. I would think someone would capture it. I know it would probably never be shown to the rest of us but, if I were Kate I would won't everything on film to watch later.

ghost_night554 said:
The MOST I can see us getting IF ANYTHING is perhaps some news coverage of arrivals to the night time reception and maybe a picture or so according to Richard it hasn't been sorted but they're considering..he told me a big meeting will be held shortly and media coverage will be revealed.

Getting arrivals at the night reception would be nice!! I could see the BBC airing that if the opportunity is there, but I have a feeling that the CBC, CTV and Global might not covering that due to the main coverage being earlier in the day and the reception being hours later, though they could cover that on CBC newsworld and CTV newsnet as they are the dedicated news networks and they tend to show more extensive coverage there!!

Ghost...you should check out the Hauppauge HD PVR. It allows you to record HD content!! You can get it at Future Shop or Best Buy. Plus, if you hook it up to your DVR, you can get all the stuff off of it and keep it in HD.

Just a quick note on who will carry it here in the US. I found when Charles and Camillia were married that CNN kept quiet during the event. I will see what happens but I will more than likly watch it online like I did for the Crown Princess of Sweden.

I wonder if the BRF makes their own private videos during the reception. Like a friend filming instead of a BBC cameraman. I would think someone would capture it. I know it would probably never be shown to the rest of us but, if I were Kate I would won't everything on film to watch later.
If I remember correctly Sara actually said he biggest regret was not taking any private photos. No one had though to bring their own camera so they could have some "candid shots" as she put it.

As for arrivals I can see Global cutting coverage but I can def see CBC CTV staying on especially considering CTV has a whole website dedicated to this wedding.

TLC is going to show the wedding

Last night the Learning Channel ran 2 shows about William & Kate and announced that they are going to have Royalty Week at the time of the wedding including coverage of the wedding itself. I have my fingers crossed that they choose a knowledgable and professional host.

Watching the Wedding Live

Here in London, Ontario we have a local theatre that is planning to host a Wedding Breakfast starting at 5:30 am. They are going to be showing the wedding live on a huge screen and serving an English Breakfast Tea that includes, scones, jam, cream, finger sandwiches, tea and cakes (Fairy Cakes, Battenburg cake, tarts and so on) along with some champagne and orange juice to toast the bride and groom. The event will be held at the Palace Theatre (www.palacetheatre.ca) and they are planning door prizes and contests for the "best hat & handbag", "best tiara" among other ideas. Are any other places in Canada or elsewhere in the world hosting similiar events? Can we have a listing so people can attend if they want to?

Here in London, Ontario we have a local theatre that is planning to host a Wedding Breakfast starting at 5:30 am. They are going to be showing the wedding live on a huge screen and serving an English Breakfast Tea that includes, scones, jam, cream, finger sandwiches, tea and cakes (Fairy Cakes, Battenburg cake, tarts and so on) along with some champagne and orange juice to toast the bride and groom. The event will be held at the Palace Theatre (www.palacetheatre.ca) and they are planning door prizes and contests for the "best hat & handbag", "best tiara" among other ideas. Are any other places in Canada or elsewhere in the world hosting similiar events? Can we have a listing so people can attend if they want to?

what a fun idea! i haven't heard of anything in this part of the country but it could still happen.

This is such a lovely and enciting idea. Hah, had I the opportunity to participate in such an event, how happy would I be, unfortunately, I have it not. But to all those happy present, I am wishing a lot of joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom