Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love her dress! Just I am not sur about her tiara! too small, fake one?
She looks lovely and the kids and kate also! But I do not see photos of his parents!

It is no fake one. The newspaper The Telegraph claims it is from Robinson Pelham. Possibly a bracelet set on a monture.

Essentially it is "just" the wedding of a Ms Philippa Middleton with a Mr James Matthews so big diadems were not to be expected.

I'd be very surprised if we even get any kind of photos for both the reception and the evening party. If there were any taken at the reception near the church, I think they'd be up and available already.

For the evening party seeing as its on the Middleton's home ground, its going to be very hard for the press to get any kind of photos from that. Security will keep onlookers and press as far away from the premises as possible.

That's how it should be too. We were fortunate to be able to get the pictures that we did from the ceremony.

When are they going to run the "Where's the Horse and Carriage" story? The press fabricated that one, too. Somebody better arrive to the evening party in a horse and carriage or the press is going to get ugly about being caught in lies.

The Daily Fail is just a sad congregration of keyboard-knights led by the High Priestess of Hate, Katie Hopkins.

:bang:

Daily Mail is already running a "Where's Meghan" story:

Pippa Middleton wedding: Princes William and Harry arrive | Daily Mail Online

Meghan better be on Harry's arm for the reception and the after party or the press is going to get ugly about this.

That's the press's problem, not Pippa and James'.

The press has fabricated easily half a dozen things about this wedding leading up to it - from the "no ring" rule to the horse drawn carriage. People believed it all to be true despite none of it coming from the Middleton or Matthews families, and despite knowing that the press isn't exactly known for its honesty.

Pippa and James are private individuals, whose family is almost entirely composed of private individuals. They owe nothing to the press or the public.

I'd be very surprised if we even get any kind of photos for both the reception and the evening party. If there were any taken at the reception near the church, I think they'd be up and available already.

For the evening party seeing as its on the Middleton's home ground, its going to be very hard for the press to get any kind of photos from that. Security will keep onlookers and press as far away from the premises as possible.

That's how it should be too. We were fortunate to be able to get the pictures that we did from the ceremony.

Oh but you know those media folks and their long lenses ...and it's a glass venue....

LaRae

I love her dress! Just I am not sur about her tiara! too small, fake one?
She looks lovely and the kids and kate also! But I do not see photos of his parents!

It's real. But she is also not a princess. I am glad she went with a beautiful small headband like piece.

And not because people would wrongly criticize her about trying to be royal. Because we know they would :bang: But because I find the big fake tiaras gaudy and Disney costume like. She doesn't have a family tiara, and I don't see them buying a massive real tiara. Big faux tiara vs delicate real headpiece, I think she made the right choice.

And by that I mean for her and her day. Not to appease critics.

Last edited:
I thought the little diamond band/head piece was lovely. It was just an accent piece instead of a statement piece.

LaRae

Indeed, no criticism possible on Philippa permitting herself a royal aura. She was a lovely bride. So happy she did not go for these "Say Yes To The Dress" monstrosities!

That's my attitude about the photos. This is a private wedding but I have seen photos that I really didn't think we would. Obviously I would love to see photos of the evening do and MM but I am just enjoying what we have seen and will say again, I just hope they have had a lovely day (I hope the day really is as good as the smiles on the faces :flowers:).

Has the wedding begun? All this flak about Meghan being invited to the wedding. The Middletons better have an explanation for this to compete with headlines of why Meghan was not there. They've open themselves up to claims of bait-and-switch; letting stories go that Meghan will be there to get more press interest. Can't wait to see Meghan at the reception.

Actually the wedding isn't about Meghan and it was only the stupid media that was so hyped up about her. The Middleton's acted properly over the entire stupid headlines and did not even acknowledge such silliness in public. I give them credit for their class.

Of course! The invite is only to make the point that, by the end of today, the Middleton sisters will both be married, whilst the York sisters still remain fair maidens waiting to walk up the aisle!

I doubt if anyone would think of something like that. Who really cares who is married or not, except maybe a parent?

Clearly there was no truth to the "no ring, no bring" rule that was supposedly being enforced.

I have seen several people so far with their significant other who are not engaged or married.
For example:
Princess Eugenie was there with her boyfriend

Just another fake news story many up by some odd reporter and all the sheep took as gospel.

I bet they spent the night in London to keep George and Charlotte as close to routine as possible. Yes, they've undoubtedly spent a lot of time at the Middleton home, but I'm sure that was a chaotic environment pre-wedding.

Pippa looked lovely, but I really don't like the dress from the waist up. Just not flattering. But then, I'm in the minority that wasn't crazy about Catherine's dress either.

Actually, I liked Pippa's dress better than the one Catherine wore. Pippa looked gorgeous:)

Indeed, no criticism possible on Philippa permitting herself a royal aura. She was a lovely bride. So happy she did not go for these "Say Yes To The Dress" monstrosities!

Oh I so agree. She was a beautiful traditional bride. Her dress was perfect for her slim shape and fit beautifully. Both mothers dressed lovely and also quite traditional. I am sure the church looked great and not over done and flashy. I am so happy they did things exactly how the felt most comfortable and didn't let media influence.

The wedding seemed nice. A nice upper class English wedding.:):britflag::englandflag2:

Some of the DM commenters sound mean, but we wish Mr and Mrs Matthews the best.

I wonder if any of the Percy family came?
Earl Percy was a close friend and flatmate of Pippa's.
And Melissa Percy is her tennis partner.

On the other hand, Tom Van Straubenzee was there, so perhaps Melissa felt it would be awkward?

Actually, I liked Pippa's dress better than the one Catherine wore. Pippa looked gorgeous:)

And I think just the opposite. I liked Kate's so much better. I think it's the high neckline that really takes away from the dress for me and the style of the lace at top. Both dresses were of a classic style though. They'll look nice years from now.

Actually the wedding isn't about Meghan and it was only the stupid media that was so hyped up about her. The Middleton's acted properly over the entire stupid headlines and did not even acknowledge such silliness in public. I give them credit for their class.
Well said. I said upthread the same thing: this is Pippa's day- a lovely family wedding. Pretty sure all involved, starting with Meghan and Harry, knew and agreed that this was the right choice to focus on the couple and their families during the ceremony.

All involved here have acted with the utmost class and discretion. The Middletons and Matthews ignored the chaos/lies from the press and gave the couple a fabulous day. Looked like a very happy bunch.

Now let the celebration begin! [emoji485] [emoji483] [emoji482]
:previous: Which makes sense. No point of taking everyone to Middleton manor for the reception and then back to the estate for the night party. The reception on the estate where the wedding is works. Especially as people will wear what they wore to the ceremony. And then those who will change for the evening will leave and prepare before going to the Middleton greenhouse for the party.

Perfection!
Thanks for the video! I think the high neck is growing on me. She really looked lovely (super thin though!). The dress was just perfect for her?

Absolute perfection from head to toe! JMHO --- much better overall look than her sister.

Wonderful to see my tennis hero Roger Federer at Philippa and James' wedding. And his jacquet is perfectly tailored.

Her veil is just perfect.

LaRae

What a gorgeous wedding- and so many delightful pictures of little Charlotte too! I *love* that Pippa chose to wear a small, sleek tiara. Just- perfectly done.

When are they going to run the "Where's the Horse and Carriage" story? The press fabricated that one, too. Somebody better arrive to the evening party in a horse and carriage or the press is going to get ugly about being caught in lies.

And the horses need to be decked out in tartan, accompanied by the fly past!

Reporting on this wedding has been more like a creative writing competition than journalism.

It looked like a lovely wedding, everyone dress up really nicely, church bells ringing, bridesmaids and pageboys everywhere! Pippa looked stunning in her dress - I really liked it!

As I've always thought - every bride is a princess on her wedding day!

Back
Top Bottom