Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't understand what the chinese advertisers used their picture for... to see what? Apartments in China?

Yes, a chinese developer has put a photo of Victoria and Daniel to their advertisement of selling apartments in Guangzhou.

Aftonbladet has contacted Margareta Thorgren.
The court stated on Friday evening that they had not previously known about the advertising.
- I have received the information and we have connected our legal advisor, Margareta Thorgren said to Aftonbladet.
How does the Crown Princess couple relate to this?
- I have no comments on that.
It is unclear if the advertiser knows that people in the photo montage are the crown princess and prince.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och prins Daniel säljer in bostäder i Kina _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Article in Expressen too
Kronprinsessparet i reklambluff i Kina _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Yes, a chinese developer has put a photo of Victoria and Daniel to their advertisement of selling apartments in Guangzhou.

Aftonbladet has contacted Margareta Thorgren.
The court stated on Friday evening that they had not previously known about the advertising.
- I have received the information and we have connected our legal advisor, Margareta Thorgren said to Aftonbladet.
How does the Crown Princess couple relate to this?
- I have no comments on that.
It is unclear if the advertiser knows that people in the photo montage are the crown princess and prince.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och prins Daniel säljer in bostäder i Kina _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Article in Expressen too
Kronprinsessparet i reklambluff i Kina _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Thanks! It is how I thought. I believe the advertiser had no idea of who they are.... the probably just chose the photos, because for some reasons it was appelaing to them:lol::whistling:

:previous: They know. I'd be surprised if they didn't. PR trying to minimize the gaff in a diplomatic fashion, giving the situation an excuse the company can use to glide out of a sticky situation. :flowers: They likely thought no one would notice, or if they did, it's all public domain, and so far away, no one would complain (might have been the thinking).

P.S. I have a memory of this happening once before. I think it did.

:previous: They know. I'd be surprised if they didn't. PR trying to minimize the gaff in a diplomatic fashion, giving the situation an excuse the company can use to glide out of a sticky situation. :flowers: They likely thought no one would notice, or if they did, it's all public domain, and so far away, no one would complain (might have been the thinking).

P.S. I have a memory of this happening once before. I think it did.

Maybe they thought that China was too far off for anyone to notice that:lol:

Victoria and Daniel visited Östersunds Fotbollsklubb (Football Club) in March when they visited Östersund. In the end of October Östersunds Fotbollsklubb fought it's way to Allsvenskan, the professional league for men's association football clubs. It is the highest level of the Swedish football league system.
Daniel sent a text message to the club: "I'm not surprised considering the ferocious culture you seem to have in the club. Congratulations and good luck! / Daniel"
- It was very nice when they were here and it was clear that they are interested in both sport and culture. It is clear that it feels great that the prince takes the time and writes to us, says club chairman Daniel Kindberg.
Prinsens sms till ÖFK_ _Jag är inte förvånad_

After the increased terrorist threat to Sweden - the police increases security around the Haga Palace and the crown princess family.
SÄPO rose some days ago the threat level of terrorism directed against Sweden with a step from elevated (3) threat to high (4) hot on a five-point scale, level five is the highest threat level. One place which has got increased surveillance is the Haga Palace where the crown princess family - Estelle, Daniel and pregnant Victoria - live.
A visitor at the Haga Park said that there are policemen at the Palace and they check everyone who enters. Usually there is only a guard there.
The police are, however, tight-lipped about the matter.
- We don't comment on what items we have supervision of, and there is a reason for it. It is a part of safety, said police spokesman Kjell Lindgren.
Poliser bevakar Haga slott _ Mitt i

@Lady Finn - I heard about the threat in Sweden, but I didn't know it was that great that Sapo increased security at Haga & the crown princess family. Were there increases for the rest of the family?

A girl, Rand, tells about her meeting with Victoria and Daniel in August:
I heard you met Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel! How did it happen?
- Well, my former teacher Jörgen called me and asked if I was interested in meeting Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel on their visit to Sodertälje at the company Swetox on August 21st. Obviously, I wanted it, I thought that I might get to meet them if at City Hall I would be selected among a lot of other people, guess how I was surprised when I discovered that there was not any selection at City Hall, but I would really meet them.
How did it feel to meet with Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel?
- It was a special experience. I was surprised how natural and down to earth they were.
Was it nervous?
- So-so, not so nervous. Because they were so friendly and down to earth so I relaxed as time went on.
Did they make a question which made ​​you think for one extra time before you responded?
- Yes, Daniel did. I was telling them about when I would start studying in high school in Södertälje and that I thought it would not go so well to study in Södertälje.
Then Daniel asked me. - Whatever it was that made ​​you feel that way? I told him I didn't know the city or the people who lived in Södertälje so much except from what I had heard on the news or through friends, everything was new for me. But once I came to Södertälje and began studying I liked my teachers and it meant I had a positive experience of studying in Södertälje.
Did you get any questions about UF (youth entrepreneurship)?
- Yes, what we sold as the products. So I told about what products are included in the range and I also told how it was to run a business as a young person.
What did you learn about the meeting with Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel?
- That one should not judge anyone in advance of what is in the media but that one should form her own opinion of people before say anything about them. The thing that stood in social media didn't match the reality. Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel were genuinely interested in everyone involved, they thanked us about that they had the opportunity to meet us and I think they also learned from their positive visit here in Södertälje.
Skolwebb Rands möte med svenska kungligheter

Last edited:
How lovely! I'm so glad to see Victoria, I was so worried that everything had gone wrong...

How lovely! I'm so glad to see Victoria, I was so worried that everything had gone wrong...

But she was working yesterday at three work events, so we could see that everything is fine, although Thursday was a mess from the PR department.

I love the pictures of the Crown Princess Family at the Christmas Market. It's nice to see the SRF supporting their country's Christmas traditions by popping in. I don't think this was on the court calendar.

Expressen tells that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were yesterday afternoon at the Sweden International Horse Show.
- It's neat and very fun for us, regal glory is never wrong, says national team equestrian Malin Baryard-Johnsson.
There were celebrities at Friends Arena when the Horse Show offered a family matinee with Owe Sandström. And Crown Princess Victoria appeared on the stands along with Prince Daniel and daughter Estelle.
According to Expressen the royal family's visit was private and highly confidential. They crept into the arena and only a few people knew that they would show up.
Victoria's friend Andrea Brodin was with the family. The group appreciated the performance and even got a private tour of the stables.
Princess Estelle lit up when she fed the horses and drank hot chocolate.
- Estelle was excited and frisky, a source told to Expressen.
National Team equestrian Malin Baryard-Johnsson is sports director at Sweden International Horse Show and appreciated the visit.
- Estelle hung around in the stable, it is fun. I waved as they drove away in the car. It's great that they're here to see the show and not to work, says Baryard-Johnsson.
15,694 spectators were in place during Saturday afternoon, a new record for the family matinee.
No photos yet.
Prinsessan Estelle besökte stjärnryttarna _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
But she was working yesterday at three work events, so we could see that everything is fine, although Thursday was a mess from the PR department.

I know. But you know, being pregnant at all, a bad thought had crossed my mind. Very happy that she is healthy and glowing!:flowers:

what a lovely family outing.
thank you for the links and for the info on the fair :flowers:

Victoria is a doll - literally

I was on a site where the subject was royal flashbacks. This was covering the Nobels , and a side mention was that Victoria has a Barbie doll fashioned after her

International Toy Fair Nuernberg - Pictures - Zimbio

I was surprised to see that. A lot of celebrity women are made into Barbies, the only royal I've heard about as a Barbie is Kate, Duchess of Cambridge. I wonder what are the qualifications to be named a Barbie? Popularity has to be one criterion.

Pensioners from Västerås came with busses to Christmas Fair at the Royal Stables, and have a couple of photos of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle at the Fair on their blog.
28 nov_ Hovstallet och Blå Hallen

Pensioners from Västerås came with busses to Christmas Fair at the Royal Stables, and have a couple of photos of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle at the Fair on their blog.
28 nov_ Hovstallet och Blå Hallen

Very cute Estelle is. :flowers: It will be so much fun for the family with the little brother in tow next year.

(Yes, it will be a boy). :cool: *she states with conviction*

Last edited:
Thanks for this. The Doll Barbie-Victoria is wonderful. Certainly popularity plays the main reason for this.

Prince Daniel of Sweden will be the offical patron for the Women's EHF EURO 2016 (European Women's Handball Championships in December 2016).

"We are honoured that Prince Daniel has accepted to be patron of the EURO in Sweden. It means very much for both the championship and European handball," says Frank Ström, CEO of the EHF EURO 2016 Organising Committee in Sweden.
The championship's slogan is "Pure heart. All hands." and reflects the passion and bond among the handball players and fans.
"Prince Daniel's inspiring community engagement for sports and entrepreneurship is very suitable with what we want to communicate with the EHF EURO in Sweden," says EHF EURO 2016 marketing manager Matilda Boson, herself a former international and EHF EURO 2010 silver medallist.
"Our ambition is to inspire youngsters to live a more active lifestyle and show how passion for sports can serve the community."
European Handball Federation - Prince Daniel of Sweden becomes patron of Women's EHF EURO 2016 _ Article
Prins Daniel beskyddare för EM 2016 - Svenska Handbollförbundet - IdrottOnline Forbund
Prins Daniel klar som ambassadör – för EM _ Handboll _ Expressen

Photo, by photographer Anna-Lena Ahlström
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=76b7417e69037a1b7b0f10507042a83c&oe=56EEAAC2

Last edited:
Expressen tells that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were yesterday afternoon at the Sweden International Horse Show.
- It's neat and very fun for us, regal glory is never wrong, says national team equestrian Malin Baryard-Johnsson.
There were celebrities at Friends Arena when the Horse Show offered a family matinee with Owe Sandström. And Crown Princess Victoria appeared on the stands along with Prince Daniel and daughter Estelle.
According to Expressen the royal family's visit was private and highly confidential. They crept into the arena and only a few people knew that they would show up.
Victoria's friend Andrea Brodin was with the family. The group appreciated the performance and even got a private tour of the stables.
Princess Estelle lit up when she fed the horses and drank hot chocolate.
- Estelle was excited and frisky, a source told to Expressen.
National Team equestrian Malin Baryard-Johnsson is sports director at Sweden International Horse Show and appreciated the visit.
- Estelle hung around in the stable, it is fun. I waved as they drove away in the car. It's great that they're here to see the show and not to work, says Baryard-Johnsson.
15,694 spectators were in place during Saturday afternoon, a new record for the family matinee.
No photos yet.
Prinsessan Estelle besökte stjärnryttarna _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

A photo of Victoria https://www.instagram.com/p/-ousiyrYIy/

Press release from the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, Thursday 3rd December

The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences chose at it's recent academy meeting HRH Prince Daniel as an Honorary Member of the Academy.
Prince Daniel has a genuine and broad engagement in entrepreneurial issues.
- It is a great honor to welcome HRH Prince Daniel as an Honorary Member of the Academy, says the Academy's President, Professor Björn O. Nilsson. Only a few people have been over the years elected as honorary members, and the Academy wants to show in this way the Prince's importance in promote entrepreneurship.

As an honorary member can be appointed a person "who has through his activity or otherwise in extraordinarily promoted the Academy's purposes".

Prince Daniel has as the initiator and honorary chairman of the Academy's project Prince Daniel Fellowship and Entrepreneurship program since January 2013 worked to get more young people to see entrepreneurship as an option and to help those who want to become entrepreneurs take the plunge. It is also hoped that the project will contribute to a more favorable culture of entrepreneurship and a more permissive attitude towards risk and failure.
The prince is also a member of the national board of Junior Achievement Sweden (Ung Företagsamhet).

Other honorary members of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences are: Sten Gustafsson, Gunnar Hambraeus Sven Olving, Hans Rausing, Lena Treschow Torell and Arne Wittlöv.
IVA H.K.H. Prins Daniel utsedd till hedersledamot av IVA
Translation

A great credit to Daniel for his work.

Last edited:
Wow!! What an honour for Daniel and he has earned it too. He truly has worked hard to promote his Fellowship scheme and to let Sweden's young people know that going down this path, while hard work in order to succeed, is also not only doable, but rewarding as well.

Congratulations to His Royal Highness on a very well deserved honour!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Impressive. Congrats to Daniel on a great honor. It really shows his dedication to his work since marrying Vic is being recognized.

Thank you Lady Finn for the information, I think Prince Daniel is such a handsome man, so polished and perfect for the role that he has in the royal family. I so do admire Princess Victoria and her husband and daughter who is such a comic in front of the camera. He deserves this award and he makes the family proud, his family and the royal family.:flowers:

Thank you Lady Finn for the information, I think Prince Daniel is such a handsome man, so polished and perfect for the role that he has in the royal family. I so do admire Princess Victoria and her husband and daughter who is such a comic in front of the camera. He deserves this award and he makes the family proud, his family and the royal family.:flowers:

When Daniel takes off those glasses he is definitely swoon-worthy. :flowers: But he has to take off those glasses.

:previous:
Ah, Lady Nimue, it is his character that shines bright, he is a very good man, loving, loyal, trust worthy, kind, caring, compassionate, loving husband, devoted father and a decent man. Crown Princess Victoria met her soulmate and they are such an outstanding couple for Sweden. Guess you could say that I have a bit of a crush on him. Glasses, if that is the only thing wrong with him, darn that is nothing for he must take them off sometimes:whistling::whistling::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::flowers:

:previous: Good points, of course, SnowBirds. :flowers:

:previous: Well, in all honesty, I am not over-enamoured with his latest choice of spectacle frames, it does little to slow him down.

Congratulations to Daniel on being recognised by The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences who have and chosen to make him an Honorary Member of the Academy.

It is wonderful that his work has been noted and that he has been recognised in such a way. Victoria and his parents must be so proud of him. He has truly earned this honour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom