This is something of a new interest for me....

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelle Hart

City
London
Country
Canada
Greetings to all,

My name is Tia Michelle Hart. I am Canadian and am currently receiving tutelage to help me eventually become a nun.

Up until recently I was willing to think of royalty as a beautiful archaism, and as such any personal stake I may have had in the matter was deemed of no importance (indeed, many whom I have known frowned upon the very idea of thinking positively of royal blood). However, last month close friends of mine lent me a book titled Nobility and Analogous Traditional Elites in the Allocutions of Pius XII, and it has opened my mind considerably upon the subject. I know that we are not to speak of any blood-connection (however removed) we may have to existing royal families, so I shan't say anything more en ce moment save that I am happy to be here and to learn more about royalty in general!

Greetings to all,

My name is Tia Michelle Hart. I am Canadian and am currently receiving tutelage to help me eventually become a nun.

Up until recently I was willing to think of royalty as a beautiful archaism, and as such any personal stake I may have had in the matter was deemed of no importance (indeed, many whom I have known frowned upon the very idea of thinking positively of royal blood). However, last month close friends of mine lent me a book titled Nobility and Analogous Traditional Elites in the Allocutions of Pius XII, and it has opened my mind considerably upon the subject. I know that we are not to speak of any blood-connection (however removed) we may have to existing royal families, so I shan't say anything more en ce moment save that I am happy to be here and to learn more about royalty in general!

I admire anybody whose goal is to become a nun! Lots of discipline involved, I couldn't do it, but admire those who do. Sorry nobody welcomed you here - welcome.

Hello and welcome to the Royal Forums Michelle! One thing I find interesting is the number of nobles and royals that have dedicated themselves to the Church. I believe it used to be kind of a tradition in the peerage that the eldest son inherits the title and the land and the second son was expected to go into the priesthood and serve the Church.

One of the best examples of royalty serving their God, I believe, is Princess Alice of Battenberg, later Princess Andrew of Greece and Denmark who was the mother of Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh. In January 1949, the princess founded a nursing order of Greek Orthodox nuns – the Christian Sisterhood of Martha and Mary.

I'm sure there are many, many more examples out there and this is the place to find them. :flowers:

Welcome Tia and there is so much to learn. (NotHRH means Bolsheviks.) The bad guys during the revolution. Grand Duchess Elizabeth better known as Ella gave away and sold all her worldly goods after the murder/assasination of her husband Sergei, to open her New Order of St Martha and St Mary. She also built a large hospital along the Moscow River. She was the older sister of the last Tsarina of Russia and Aunt to Prince Phillips mother. Her tomb is at St Mary Magdalene Church, Mount of Olives, Jerusalem. Russian Orthodox church and Prince Philips mother Princess Alice is now there also.
Ella is a very interesting character in history and you should look her up in Wikipedia for more info.

Welcome Tia and there is so much to learn. (NotHRH means Bolsheviks.) The bad guys during the revolution. Grand Duchess Elizabeth better known as Ella gave away and sold all her worldly goods after the murder/assasination of her husband Sergei, to open her New Order of St Martha and St Mary. She also built a large hospital along the Moscow River. She was the older sister of the last Tsarina of Russia and Aunt to Prince Phillips mother. Her tomb is at St Mary Magdalene Church, Mount of Olives, Jerusalem. Russian Orthodox church and Prince Philips mother Princess Alice is now there also.
Ella is a very interesting character in history and you should look her up in Wikipedia for more info.

Thanks Tarlita! Spell check can be obnoxious...didn't notice, again ty.

Back
Top Bottom