The Royal Family of Spain Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the first picture thread dedicated to the Spanish Royal Family.

This is a thread for you to post "new" pictures of "older" events attended by two or more members of the royal family.

Please remember to do so using an ImageShack or Photobucket account, pictures attached to the forum will be deleted by the moderators without warning to the poster.

Each couple of the royal family have their own picture thread:

King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7257

Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7254

Infanta Elena & Don Jaime de Marichalar: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7255

Infanta Cristina & Don Iñaki Urdangarín: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7256

Have fun and happy posting!

From Farabolafoto:

Madrid, 28/01/2004 Royal Theater " LA TOSCA " of Giacomo Puccini.

There were very few pictures at the time of this event, so I was thrilled and surprised to come accross this bunch of pictures at Farabolafoto (too bad that their watermark is so big).

This event was attended by Queen Sofia, along with Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz, who was then Felipe's fiancèe.

I believe that these pictures were never seen before:

Last edited:
the Queen with her precious grandsons

source: hola! via supload

First pic shows Inaki and Cristina and the boys. Last two: the queen and the little boys

BELGIAN AND SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY IN MALLORCA.
The Greek, Belgian and Spanish Royal Families on the yacht 'Fortuna' in the bay of Palma de Mallorca.
August 18, 2000

King Albert II, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia with her grandsons Juan-Valentin Urdangarin and Felipe-Juan de Marichalar, along with Infanta Elena, Jaime de Marichalar, King Constantine of Greece, Anne-Marie of Greece, Queen Paola, Queen Sofia, Infanta Cristina and Prince Philippos.

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00003696530030ol.jpg
(all photos courtesy of corbis)

pics from cover
Prince Felipe, Cristina and Iñaki
CAWM8ON7.jpg

Iñaki and queen Sofia in Sidney
CAMNCLEB.jpg

Iñaki ,Cristina, Juan, Pablo, Froilán and Victoria Federica
CAY7IHGP.jpg

CAOJ41OB.jpg

CA8TGBIB.jpg

CA1XXZ2E.jpg

Iñaki, Cristina, Froilan, Juan y Pablo
CAU7SXER.jpg

CARDTNAM.jpg

Dukes of palma , their children and the queen
CAQ7KXU3.jpg

CAFNY7XE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cristina, queen Sofia and Juan Valentín
CAC32DMP.jpg

CA25S9IV.jpg

Sidney 2000
CAAJ49M3.jpg

CAFLTTQZ.jpg

CACLIR6D.jpg

CAYGTGNF.jpg

I don't know if you have realized that, but the Queen always seems to be photographed with Juan Valentín much more than all her other grandchildren and it happens even in these days...

crisiñaki said:
I don't know if you have realized that, but the Queen always seems to be photographed with Juan Valentín much more than all her other grandchildren and it happens even in these days...
Yes!
She is photographed with Cristina's children much more than Elena's children... but it can be because Cristina lives in Barcelone and Elena lives in Madrid. :)

...JuAnItA... said:
Yes!
She is photographed with Cristina's children much more than Elena's children... but it can be because Cristina lives in Barcelone and Elena lives in Madrid. :)

that's my point, both Sofía and Elena live in Madrid, but there aren't many pictures of the Queen with the Marichalar kids; while you can see everywhere pictures of her with the Urdangarín boys and Cristina EVEN if she lives in another city

crisiñaki said:
that's my point, both Sofía and Elena live in Madrid, but there aren't many pictures of the Queen with the Marichalar kids; while you can see everywhere pictures of her with the Urdangarín boys and Cristina EVEN if she lives in another city

The photos of the Queen with the children of Cristina are in the birthdays, in vacations, some days that the Queen travels to Barcelona ... and because of it more photos are seen because in these moments the press is more present in day after day. Nevertheless in Madrid, the people are not every day in house of the Infanta Elena they nor have access to the Zarzuela. The Queen can go to house of the Infanta, or this one with the children to the Zarzuela and nobody finds out. The Zarzuela is how an immense park with included swings and there the press does not see them.
Leonor is going to be the one that more time spends with her grandparents, because she lives there, but few images will be seen.

lula said:
The photos of the Queen with the children of Cristina are in the birthdays, in vacations, some days that the Queen travels to Barcelona ... and because of it more photos are seen because in these moments the press is more present in day after day. Nevertheless in Madrid, the people are not every day in house of the Infanta Elena they nor have access to the Zarzuela. The Queen can go to house of the Infanta, or this one with the children to the Zarzuela and nobody finds out. The Zarzuela is how an immense park with included swings and there the press does not see them.
Leonor is going to be the one that more time spends with her grandparents, because she lives there, but few images will be seen.

Well, I believe you have a point in there, but anyway for example in the Christmas or Summer Holidays in Lanzarote and Mallorca, the Queen seems to be everywhere with Cristina and her children but there are very few pictures of her with Elena's kids; it maybe is because Sofía is reportedly said to doesn't have a very good relationship with Jaime, but I'm not sure about that

crisiñaki said:
Well, I believe you have a point in there, but anyway for example in the Christmas or Summer Holidays in Lanzarote and Mallorca, the Queen seems to be everywhere with Cristina and her children but there are very few pictures of her with Elena's kids; it maybe is because Sofía is reportedly said to doesn't have a very good relationship with Jaime, but I'm not sure about that
I've never heard anything about it... but the contrary. I've seen very explicit manifestations of support/affection from Their Magesties to Jaime, especially after the stroke. Anyway, I suppose QS spends more of her Summer vacations with Cristina, because she can't be with her, during the whole year, while she can see Elena and her family pratically everyday.

I made a selection of pics in a few events with Queen Sofia anad Princess Letizia Together.

Images from AFP And Getty

Last edited:
More Pics of Queen And Princess Together,

From Getty and AFP

Last edited by a moderator:
More

Getty and Afp

And the bets one, my favourite

I have a general question: Why do we have this picture thread and the retrospective thread at the same time? In my eyes these two threads could be put together as they are meant for the same kind of older pics??!!

iceflower said:
I have a general question: Why do we have this picture thread and the retrospective thread at the same time? In my eyes these two threads could be put together as they are meant for the same kind of older pics??!!
the way i understand them is that the Retrospective thread is purely about that, a retrospection or looking back at the SRF from way back when. this thread can include the newer pics of the family.

what might be the problem is whether how we can categorize the photos to be old or recent...

hope i was able to help ;)

RhapsodyBrat said:
hope i was able to help ;)
Yes, you were :) The thing with the "newer" older pics sounds plausible to me :) I'll keep on using the retrospective thread as my pics belong more to the "older" older pics ;) Thank you RhapsodyBrat!

I think the retrospective thread could be those pics before 1995 (Elena's wedding) only the 5 of them and the picture thread is more like current times and with their spouses and children.:rolleyes: :cool:

Hope I helped K, anyway it doesn't matter where you post your pictures; they'll always be received very well;) ;)

you're very much welcome, iceflower. ;)

and thanks for the further explanation/clarification, crisiñaki. :)

RhapsodyBrat said:
you're very much welcome, iceflower. ;)

and thanks for the further explanation/clarification, crisiñaki. :)

Well, it's just my opinion, don't take it for the ultimate truth but I think it's a good way to separate both threads;)

Back
Top Bottom