The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Queen's dress is new, it's flaming red and looks very Yuki-ish but it's not the same dress as before, this is another colour. It could be that she liked the first one so much that she decided to get another one but in a new colour. Her Majesty is also wearing Queen Sophia's diamond tiara and the huge diamond cross she wore for her first Nobel Day in 1976, it consists of about 20 diamonds.

Last edited:
Queen Silvia looks ok to me, I don´t like her dress very much, the red colour suits her though. Crown princess Victoria looks very regal tonight, her dress is interesting. Princess Madeleine´s hairdo is quite awful.

Last edited:
Does anyone watch the broadast by PHOENIX too?
I just have to mention that I hate the voice of the translator :D.

I think this time the Nobel outfits are a million times better then last year!
Imo Victoria's dress looks great!

Actually, Silvia and Victoria's dresses look better in TV then in the pictures.
The color of Silvia's dress looks much brighter in TV then it does in the ANP pictures!

The ladies look lovely tonight. Queen Silvia can carry off anything -- the woman was made to wear major bling. Victoria looks incredibly regal -- I love the hair and it actually makes that hideous 6-prong tiara look good. Madeline looks fabulous!:flowers:

Svenska Damtidning tells that Queen Silvia´s red silkchiffong dress is designed by Gnyuki Torimaru, known as Yuki, who lives in London. He designed her dress last year too. The hairdo of the Queen is a sensation: this is the first time when she has hair hair loose. This is the 13th time when the Queen uses this tiara.
Princess Madeleine is the most trendy, as always. She has a velvet dress with the autums´s hot colour, ruby red. The designer is a surprise: it´s a young 32-year-old designer from Stockholm, Linda Nurk.
The dress of the crown princess Victoria is graphic in black and light grey, it´s silk duchesse. It´s designed by her favourit, designer Pär Engsheden.

Last edited:
thanks for the first pics!!

victoria is very elegant! I love her dress!!! it suits her so well

The fashion expert of Aftonbladet, Karolina Skande:
Aftonbladet/Absolut strålande, Madeleine!
She gives Madeleine 5/5, Victoria and Silvia both 4/5 points

She says about Queen Silvia that red suits her very well and that the queen is often very fashionable with her dresses.
Princess Madeleine´s dress is as trendy as a dress can be, these kind of dresses you have seen at the red carpets in Hollywood. She thinks that Madeleine is absolutely stunning.
Victoria has chosen a dress which colours are very trendy this autumn, it´s impressive how the royal family succeeds in following the latest trends of fashion. At the same time they are very dignified and dress themselves very suitable to every occasion. The model of this dress suits crown princess very well.

Photos:
Aftonbladet Photos

Last edited:
Princess Madeline looks amazing--she is a just beautiful. Princess Victoria looks regal and sophisticated as well-
although Silvia always looks wonderful and pulls off jewels very very well, I don't particularly care for the sleeves on this dress-there's just too much fabric all over the place for me

I don't like Victoria and Madeleine's dresses . Madeleine, who I as usual find stunning though, is to me not thin enough to wear this kind of gown . Queen Silvia was beautiful .:flowers:

My favorite look of the night, was Victoria's. The dress, the hair, the jewelry it all worked.

The queen looked lovely. Great color of dress and great hair and make-up but I was not really a fan of the dress.

Madeleine's dress is just so-so to me. The dress doesn't look that great when she's seated but in full length photos it looks better. The train part is especially nice! I noticed that Madeleine is wearing a ring on an important finger/hand. I think it must match her other jewelry she's wearing but I can't completely tell. It definitely caught my eye!ANP Beeldbank

The expert from Expressen says that Queen Silvia was the queen of the night. She gives Silvia 5, Victoria 4 and Madeleine 3 points.
Silvia kvällens drottning /Expressen
She says that Madeleine´s dress is very trendy, but that it doesn´t work on her. Madeleine doesn´t have that radiance that her sister has. She would have needed that radiance to wear this dress.
She says that Victoria really shines tonight. She has a sparkle in her eyes and the cut in her dress is very nice. Victoria looks some times oldfashioned, not tonight.
She just praises the queen and says that the queen is the clear winner of the night.

Last edited:
My favorite look of the night, was Victoria's. The dress, the hair, the jewelry it all worked.

The queen looked lovely. Great color of dress and great hair and make-up but I was not really a fan of the dress.

Madeleine's dress is just so-so to me. The dress doesn't look that great when she's seated but in full length photos it looks better. The train part is especially nice! I noticed that Madeleine is wearing a ring on an important finger/hand. I think it must match her other jewelry she's wearing but I can't completely tell. It definitely caught my eye!ANP Beeldbank

Wow You're right Aurora!

I'm not a fan of the Queen's dress either, I think Victoria stole the night for me but Madeline looks lovely too!

they all look superb, but victoria is by far the best!

Wow! This Swedish Event is definitely one of the highlights of the Royal Year.
The ladies all looked wonderful. Queen Silvia looked grand and as Queenly as ever. The medieval style sleeves makes the dress looks grand and regal to me. But maybe the material is a bit too stiff for the style and does not fall nicely in some of the pictures. Love her hairstyle and she does look awesome at this year's Nobel Prize.

Crown Princess Victoria looks her usual dignified self with suitable dress and accessories.

But my favourite is Princess Madelaine. Yes, her dress is trendy but she adds the right touches and carries herself as a proud Swedish royal princess. Prince William, are you looking?

The expert from Expressen says that Queen Silvia was the queen of the night. She gives Silvia 5, Victoria 4 and Madeleine 3 points.
Silvia kvällens drottning /Expressen
She says that Madeleine´s dress is very trendy, but that it doesn´t work on her. Madeleine doesn´t have that radiance that her sister has. She would have needed that radiance to wear this dress.
She says that Victoria really shines tonight. She has a sparkle in her eyes and the cut in her dress is very nice. Victoria looks some times oldfashioned, not tonight.
She just praises the queen and says that the queen is the clear winner of the night.

:D As it seems- every year again- the most important about this judgement is to disagree with Aftonbladet ;) They gave Madeleine the highest grade...

I actually don't like any of the gowns as much as I did before. I love Madde's earrings though.

Victoria looks wounderful, very elegant, she stole the night. Madeleine is not far behind her, but i really cant say I liked Silvias gown, the sleevs is just a bit too much for me.

Does the Royal Family also dance at this event?

And why did they give Madeleine the German Grünberg? Wouldn't communication be easier if he was seated next to Silvia?:rolleyes:

Does the Royal Family also dance at this event?

And why did they give Madeleine the German Grünberg? Wouldn't communication be easier if he was seated next to Silvia?:rolleyes:

The Royal family never dance in public at the Nobel-price festivitas

There are traditions and roules about whome is sitting whith HM Queen Silvia.

The Queen speaks six languages so I think she can manage most events fine no matter who she's next too, and besides she speaks enough German during her trips and they had lots of opportunity to speak after the banquet :)

About the setting at the table of honour, I think the Laureates are seated at the table of honour in accordance with their Nobel Prize, the "dignity" of each prize is set out by the order it was mentioned in Alfred Nobel's will. So those seats next to the highest ranking officials (the royals) are permanent, only the actual person/Laureate shift from year to year.

Back
Top Bottom