The Late Princess Grace: Pictures and News Part VII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear Darasmom,

Thanks for your words. I am glad that you enjoy of my posting. In fact, I can´t help to share of I find with you. It´s very rewarding.

The collage´s pics are from the TVFrance Documentary, I think "Grace Kelly: The Years of the Princess". You can see in youtube, have you got the link?

Hugs,
S.

Grace Kelly Portrait.
The Grimaldi Family on Greek Holidays.

I am not sure if I have posted this one before, but the quality is excellent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Darasmom,

Thanks for your words. I am glad that you enjoy of my posting. In fact, I can´t help to share of I find with you. It´s very rewarding.

The collage´s pics are from the TVFrance Documentary, I think "Grace Kelly: The Years of the Princess". You can see in youtube, have you got the link?

Hugs,
S.

No, I haven't seen that particular documentary, but when I get a computer at home I'll be sure to watch it! Thanks!

Would you repost this picture?
"Prince Rainier III and Princess Grace leaving Stallsmastargarden in Stockholm. June 1957."

Thank you for the link queenofthelight - I love the photo with David Niven, it's not one I have seen before.

This sounds a wonderful treat for Grace Kelly fans:

Style icon weekends

I have just got hold of a copy of the V& A title "Grace Kelly Style" published to coincide with the forthcoming exhibition. It is available on Amazon.
I wonder which member of the family will be present for the opening of the exhibition? It would be lovely if both Caroline & Charlotte were there.

The Grace Kelly of XXI Century

The Princess Grace style in our days.

I would love to share opinions, pics and impressions about the folowing:

- If Grace Kelly would have lived now, what she would wear?
- Celebrities and unknowed people who remind us to her.
- Fashion collections & accesories who she would loves.
- Songs, Films, poems who remind us her.

Come on! It will be funny:)

Hugs,
Lily.

Well I think first of all we would have to acknowledge the fact that had Grace lived, last year would have been her eightieth birthday. I'm sure she would still be incredibly stylish (I'm thinking along the lines of people like Elizabeth Taylor and Sophia Loren, women of Grace's time who still look relatively good today) but we can't be dressing her in Valentino and Louboutins. ;) I think it would have been interesting to see the three generations of Grimaldi style all together - we can guess at what Grace would be like now and wonder whether she would have changed with the times - which I think she would have to a certain extent but we can't forget how she came out against the "summer of love" thing and increased sexual freedom when Caroline was young - but I think it would have been interesting to have known for sure. I can just imagine how delighted she'd be with all her grandchildren (and hopefully sometime in the future great-grandchildren) and how proud she'd be of them. She would have been proud and supportive of Albert too, I'm sure.
About who reminds me of her - Julie Bowen reminds me of her sometimes, Teresa Palmer is very Grace-like but I think at the moment January Jones reminds me most of her. She has that same kind of ethereal, youthful beauty that Grace had. :flowers:
I've got a question for people to answer too. I've often wondered what would have happened had things occurred the other way around with Grace and Rainier's deaths. What would have happened had Rainier died before Grace? Do you think she would have coped, or would she be like Rainier after she died? I think Rainier lost a lot of his twinkle and verve after Grace died. :sad: I'd be interested to hear your answer.

Grace's life in Monaco

i can't find much information on the activities on which grace used to occupy her time after her arrival to monaco and marriage to rainier. as a princess of such a small principality, i don't think her daily activities would have been too many. did she then spend most of the time in monaco? did she travel to france often or even to the states? what were her leisure activities? was it reported whether the change from the US to monaco caused her any feelings of sadness, shock of change, etc? did she dedicate time to learning french? i'd imagine her life changed completely after her engagement and was wondering how.

Well, we know she definitely had homesickness, not to mention a little culture shock. Actually, I think there was a little culture clash on both sides. I remember reading once that she went to a meeting very early into her life as princess, expecting a straightforward business meeting, which apparently genuinely bemused the Monegasques. On the Mediterranean, such events are seen as get togethers, a chance for lunch and gossip, with any official business something of an after thought. It's something I fondly refer to as "Latin Time". We do things a lot slower here than in other places (in my opinion anyway).
I think there's little doubt that the first part of her marriage was difficult for Grace, being alone in a completely foreign country, trying to survive on "schoolgirl French" - although she was taught French by Michel Thomas, who was a master of linguistics IMO, and being pregnant for the first time. But she did make the decision to renovate the palace (and she was the one who chose the colour that it is today, giving it the name "The Pink Palace") and she made the renovations to the store room next door to the apartment and turned it into a nursery for Caroline (with it's own kitchen, no less).
And, in the beginning, Monegasques were a little standoffish towards her. They thought of her as something of a stranger (although they delighted in a Hollywood star calling their country home) and called her "Our American Princess". But after she bore three children as heirs to the throne and organised the 25th anniversary celebrations of Rainier's reign, during which she cooked on a barbecue and played baseball (rather un-princess like but very Grace) relations thawed considerably and they began calling her just "Our Princess". It's a rather incomplete summary but I hope it answers some of your questions. :flowers:

i can't find much information on the activities on which grace used to occupy her time after her arrival to monaco and marriage to rainier. as a princess of such a small principality, i don't think her daily activities would have been too many. did she then spend most of the time in monaco?
It is also well documented that Grace embroidered tapestries, created flower pictures & took lessons in ceramics ( there's a lovely account of her giving the writer Paul Gallico a clay mouse which inspired his book " Manx Mouse" in Gwen Robins' biography). She had keen botanical interests, founding the Garden Club of Monaco & an annual flower show. Her love of the arts also kept her busy, reforming the Ballet de Monte Carlo & being very "hands on" in founding the ballet school. She continued to support the company throughout her life ( as Caroline does). The Foundation Princess Grace also involved her in much charity work & the establishment of the Boutique du Rocher, celebrating the work of Monagasques. Her interests were very different to Rainier's - but they complimented each other brilliantly much to the benefit of Monaco.:flowers:l

Can anyone help

Hi does anyone have the original size images of these that were on LIFE archive as they have now dissapeared and these are only half size of the original files that were there, the howell conant images of grace have now vanished from the archive.

Regards in advance.

d

http://i39.tinypic.com/21277np.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/rr05rc.jpg

A wedding gown by O. De la Renta totally inspired in Grace one! (2010 Season)

Please all ladies who want to organize something together last april weekend for the Grace Kelly Exhibition please writte me and we can make something fun.

xxxxx
Lily.

Gkuk, you can save the original size in simplyclassic.org and soclassic.org!

Sensibility, i have the simplyclassic and so classic galleries but those 2 pics have never been on them sites, simplyclassics has now been closed down.

i dont see the point in life putting these in the archive and then removing them, sort of defeats the point of an archive if pictures are being removed doesn't it...

thanks anyway.
gkuk

Thank you for posting this link queenofthelight. I haven't seen the picture of Grace in the blue twin set before, & the portrait in the black & white print with Monaco behind is stunning.:) The exhibition in London is getting newspapers to search through the picture archives & they are coming up with some real gems. Let's hope there are more to come.

Back
Top Bottom