The Late Princess Grace of Monaco - Part VI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your photos are astonishing!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Missmandyberry, that you have shared the beautiful photos with us! I love the second pic is the most of all!!!)))

Glistening Seas

:flowers: So-o glad to see the pics of the cactus Garden and the pics of Pss Grace in the garden oh the fabrics are beautiful.
:rose: love the botanical fabric of the shirt when she was peering up close to the cactus!!!
:thistle:Truly the gardens must be irresistable to be in and wouldn't be difficult to have imagined it being the most favorite place for Pss Grace to be.:butterfly::rose:

Wonderful photos Missmandyberry! I agree with you Roy that Grace looks very much like Caroline in that photo, it was part of a series of photos which were taken in August 1982, therefore her last photosession.

Thanks missmandyberry for sharing your marvellous photos with us.I like specially the fourth one of Grace in the ball of the century.I think her pink ball gown is spectacular:flowers::rose::rose2::heartflower:
Please visit video links to watch "Grace kelly,Princesse De Monaco"

Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures of Grace, Missmandyberry:flowers: She had a love for plants and flowers and also, for arts and crafts. She seemed to have a lots of talent.:rolleyes:

Just amazing, you guys, for all your sharings.

In Zubiar's first two photos, Grace is sporting that "artichoke" haircut by Alexandre that, if Rainier and Grace's biographer J. Randy Taraborrelli is to be believed in his book "Once Upon A Time", upset Rainier so much upon seeing it the first time that he threw his glass to the floor (page 224).

Well, with a face like that, she can wear anything.

You are right in everything you say,dear royrrules.:flowers:Rainier was so angry ,that Grace went out of the room in which she was talking with Rainier ,crying

http://i39.tinypic.com/6jgkxt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glistening Seas

:flowers: look forward to spending many happy moments reading in the fashion spot!! the pics of Grace and her family are fab.!!!:shamrock:

Great photos of Grace with the "artichoke" hair do. I recall reading an article in which Alexander said he had created that hair do for Elizabeth Taylor, and that his 3 favorite customers and close friends were: Princess Grace, Elizabeth Taylor, and Marie Helene Rotschild. He said he would call them to their houses and that he made a tall hair do for Princess Grace which required lots of gold wire that she had to go this Costume Ball in 1965 on the back of a truck. Obviously he's wrong because I think it was 1969's Rose Ball (photos here in this page) by the description. What do you think?

I also thought the other day, don't you think Princess Grace and Elizabeth Taylor's friendship grew apart in the late 70s and 80s? They were photographed a lot in the late 60s and early 70s, but she didn't attend Caroline's wedding like all of Grace's Hollywood friends did, then she didn't attend the funeral, or other parties in Monaco.

Source: Grace Kelly Years.
This great work belongs to Howell Conant. There was a collaboration between the pro Howell and Princess Grace. (1965)
http://s5.tinypic.com/ddcait.jpg
http://s5.tinypic.com/33wr5fa.jpg
http://s5.tinypic.com/zj9lbp.jpg
http://s5.tinypic.com/11i0eom.jpg

Dear Zubiaur, your photo is so beautiful!!!
By the way, I have found the article of Grace. That is called "The amazing Grace of Monaco"
The amazing Grace of Monaco | Mail Onlinehttp://images.google.fr/imgres?imgu...cesse+grace&ndsp=18&hl=ru&sa=N&start=558&um=1

Great photos of Grace with the "artichoke" hair do. I recall reading an article in which Alexander said he had created that hair do for Elizabeth Taylor, and that his 3 favorite customers and close friends were: Princess Grace, Elizabeth Taylor, and Marie Helene Rotschild. He said he would call them to their houses and that he made a tall hair do for Princess Grace which required lots of gold wire that she had to go this Costume Ball in 1965 on the back of a truck. Obviously he's wrong because I think it was 1969's Rose Ball (photos here in this page) by the description. What do you think?

I also thought the other day, don't you think Princess Grace and Elizabeth Taylor's friendship grew apart in the late 70s and 80s? They were photographed a lot in the late 60s and early 70s, but she didn't attend Caroline's wedding like all of Grace's Hollywood friends did, then she didn't attend the funeral, or other parties in Monaco.

I think that Grace and Elizabeth were friendly towards one another, but they weren't close friends the way Grace and Ava Gardner were. There was mutual respect and admiration (Grace even conceded to friends that Elizabeth was unbearably beautiful during Grace's 40th bday party in Monte Carlo where Liz wore the Krupp diamond for the first time) but I think it is the same kind of relationship Grace had with, say, Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, and the other stars of her Hollywood years.

Grace was an expert on public relations, and I feel that she kept in touch with all these stars so that on huge occasions in Monaco, she can count on them to visit and give more glitter to her events.

On page 301 of "Once Upon A Time", the palace chaplain, Father Voellinger, narrated one day that he was playing chess with Prince Albert in the palace, and Grace and a woman wearing a yellow miniskirt and a huge diamond around her neck walked in. After the introductions and pleasantries, Grace and the woman left. Albert then laughed at him because the priest did not recognize Elizabeth Taylor. This was in the 60s.

Great photo you posted on the previous page Zubiaur, she's wearing again the dress from 1968's Red Cross Ball.

I completly agree with you Roy on Grace's friendship with Elizabeth, it wasn't as close as Ava Garnder or Maria Callas'. Looking back at the photos from The Night Of 100 Stars back in 1982, you see Grace and Elizabeth looking friendly but not so close. Without a question Grace was an expert on public relations and even though maybe it's not the appropiate thread to discuss this, I think this is something that nowadays the family lacks. You see Grace in the 60s mainly doing all these TV shows and stuff to promote Monaco worldwide, the attendance of Hollywood stars and important contemporany figures in all fields (sports, medical, arts etc) to the big events in Monaco; something we don't see anymore or rarely.

You are right,ikers .But in my opinion, Caroline chooses the "ugliest" dresses of Grace.:angry:

Very observative Ikers! I think what's amazing is that the dresses fit Princess Caroline well, especially the blue one her mother wore when she was 39, and Caroline at almost 51 and after 4 kids!

What a beautiful photo of Grace! Grace's lips, eyes and cheeks are perfect!!!

Animal rights activists wouldn't agree with you about that, ZUBIAR ;)

Here's a pic of Grace at the inauguration of an exhibition in Monaco
in 1975 :

------> Grace in 1975

Here is the animal rights activist but she won't get into trouble today..
Grace was so lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom