The Late Princess Grace of Monaco - Part VI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Author Donald Spoto refutes claims that Grace's voice was dubbed for "True Love" in "High Society".

letter to Telegraph

yes but i think Monaco was many times a cage for her ... she would have liked to be on the set

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: Perhaps at a glance one would think that she would have felt caged in Monaco and would have preferred hollywood.

:thistle:However, in reality Pss. Grace must have known hollywood changed from the time she was there do you suppose?

:rose:let's face it the Pss. Grace, Sofia Loren, Debbie Reynolds, Doris Day glamour girl days really ended when Pss. Grace left for Monaco it seems. ''

:rose2:All those wonderful musicals extravaganza's that fell by the wayside could never be re-captured.

:thistle:Also, somehow a role less than the Glamourous roles she played would have made serious misuse of her talents and her beauty imho.

:rose:So, being in Monaco really was a natural place for her to be; because all her beauty and talents were useful! :castle2::coach:

I think the way Grace developed her role as Princess in Monaco was very much to her credit. She instigated so many tradition and patronised many good causes so that she made Monaco a place that attracted a great deal of worldwide publicity and interest. Accounts indicate that she initially found it difficult to adjust to the traditions of Palace life, but gradually won people over with her dedication & charm. Monaco must may have seemed a cage at times, but over time she managed to find a way to "break out" & take her place on the international stage.

i think that somehow all her life she aspired going back there . Not only in glamorous roles but also in simpler roles or intelectuall ones. many efforts grace did while princess showed her still alive desire to perform. she wasn`t alowed in hollywood but she made "Children of the Teathre Street" , she did poetry reading. I think she was very happy when asked to star in "Marnie" but it was not to be... . She felt inner resources to give life to carachters in her own particular way. I read something that she was doing a movie in 1982 which remained unfinished because of her death. It was a movie, movie or just a documentary? Did it appear on screen even unfinished like Monroe`s "Something Got To Give" ?

what a beautifull period ! caroline grown-up and her mother on the sunny streets . did they got along ?

^in that pic Grace looks stunning, and as Elly C said, i've never seen it before. She was such a beautiful, classy and elegant lady!

I think the way Grace developed her role as Princess in Monaco was very much to her credit. She instigated so many tradition and patronised many good causes so that she made Monaco a place that attracted a great deal of worldwide publicity and interest. Accounts indicate that she initially found it difficult to adjust to the traditions of Palace life, but gradually won people over with her dedication & charm. Monaco must may have seemed a cage at times, but over time she managed to find a way to "break out" & take her place on the international stage.

I think so too :flowers: but I originally thought perhaps at first when she was young and still at the peak of her own career it might have been hard for her to give it all up so early and that she might have had some regrets, but I was pleased to see an interview she did not long after she became Princess of Monaco where she had the maturity to see her new position to do something altruistic and I think she had the kind of sincerity as to the type of person she really was, even while still so young. In that interview she seemed to know exactly what she was doing and where her life was going. It made me believe that perhaps she missed certain things but still had few regrets in her life.:)

I browsed through the Paul Burrell-authored biography of Princess Diana.

He mentioned that during the pre-wedding ball, he took care of the table with Diana and Princess Grace, and noted that Grace was the most beautiful woman he ever saw and that she even outshone the bride-to-be.

I found this admission to be extremely sensational. This is a man who worked for one of the icons of beauty and fashion of recent years, and he still is deeply struck by Princess Grace and mentions it in his book on Diana. He also mentioned that Diana was deeply saddened by Grace's death, and that she considered Grace as the epitome of beauty and fashion. She even called one of her dresses her "Grace Kelly" dress.

I browsed through the Paul Burrell-authored biography of Princess Diana.

He mentioned that during the pre-wedding ball, he took care of the table with Diana and Princess Grace, and noted that Grace was the most beautiful woman he ever saw and that she even outshone the bride-to-be.

I found this admission to be extremely sensational. This is a man who worked for one of the icons of beauty and fashion of recent years, and he still is deeply struck by Princess Grace and mentions it in his book on Diana. He also mentioned that Diana was deeply saddened by Grace's death, and that she considered Grace as the epitome of beauty and fashion. She even called one of her dresses her "Grace Kelly" dress.
That's really interesting royrrules :) Do you know which dress she meant?

Last edited:
I know princess Diana really admired princess Grace ,and the dress you refer I think, was the black one ,Princess Diana wore, in her first meeting with princess Grace:flowers:

I know princess Diana really admired princess Grace ,and the dress you refer I think, was the black one ,Princess Diana wore, in her first meeting with princess Grace:flowers:

Dear Zubiaur, you have known so many facts of Grace Kelly.
It's time to write your own book of Princess Grace.:):angel:

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: We too had wondered which dress DIANA talked about being her PSSS GRACE dress.

:fireworks: Perhaps the strapless that made such a stir when DIANA wore it on an outing with Prince Charles :castle2: :coach:

I will get the book in order to quote it exactly, and give you the actual page number. I don't think it was the one she wore in their first encounter because based on what I have read, Diana wasn't too happy with the low cut of that gown. And she was much more reserved and shy in those early years.

This is the dress:
http://i27.tinypic.com/ou01s7.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/5cznd0.jpg
Princess Diana was very nervous when she met Princess Grace for the first time,because Grace was her favourite actress.Diana told the designers of her dress to design for this night something special, to met her favourite actress because Princess Diana was a fan Of princess Grace:flowers:Two great fairytale´s princesses together,two icons of style,my two favourite princesses together:flowers::rose2::rose:

It was really cool that Diana and Grace got to met each other. They were the two fairy tale princess of the XX Century. And they both share somewhat the same tragic destiny. They will always be remembered as two icons of style and as great human beings too:flowers:

Great pics! I've neer seen them before, thank you queenofthelight. In the last pic we can see that Caroline inherited her mother's beautiful smile.

Great pic mdeledda,a pic I have never seen before.The dress is pink and it has a camafeo.It is one of my favourite dresses of her.Thanks for posting:flowers:

I love the second pic! no matter how old she was, she conserved that beautiful aura that nobody had! thanks for the pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom