The Grimaldi Ancestors

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the information about how Princess Charlotte met him, and for the Italian Grimaldi relatives :)

Photo of young Princess Charlotte

I found really nice portrait of Princess Charlotte..signed...Beautiful..

From 1919..

Attachments

• Princess Charlotte.jpg
    Princess Charlotte.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 7,376
Wow great finding Ianna! She must have been around 20 in this picture I think.

I second that, Ianna, Great find! She really was beautiful. Without clicking on the link to enlarge the picture, you can definitely see the resemblence between Charlotte and Caroline. They share a few of the same facial features.

very rare pics where we can see the whole family !:rolleyes:

Attachments

• U237827INP.jpg
    U237827INP.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 6,380
Thanks, Nina, the last picture of the Grimaldi family in the 1920s is great! There are few pictures of them individually or together that are available.....

She looks much like Caroline but also a bit like Pauline in the cheeks.

IMO Pauline has a lot of Caro when she was the same age.

Princess Charlotte Funeral
(PDV)

1269tm.jpg

1255dj.jpg

1244le.jpg

1230jg.jpg

Does anyone have any pictures of Princess Charlotte when she was older?

Stills of the wedding of Princess Charlotte and Count Pierre de Polignac in 1920 - INT Stills - Part 1

vgitlx.jpg
vgitrk.jpg
vgitxu.jpg
vgiu0x.jpg
vgiu5h.jpg
vgiubp.jpg
vgiuef.jpg

Stills of the wedding of Princess Charlotte and Count Pierre de Polignac in 1920 - INT Stills - Part 2

vgiuqe.jpg
vgiusl.jpg
vgiuxc.jpg
vgiuz9.jpg
vgiwck.jpg
vgiwev.jpg
vgiwjb.jpg

OMG !!!!:eek:
I've never saw that pics ! It's greaaaaat !! thanks !!

I can't help myself, but I find the resemblance between Charlotte and Caro in this particular picture striking. One often thinks Caro has her looks from Grace, but this pic of Charlotte shows that the Grimaldi genes were not bad either.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nina8675 said:
OMG !!!!:eek:
I've never saw that pics ! It's greaaaaat !! thanks !!

Hehe, you're very welcome Nina.... I'm really glad that I've found some you havn't seen before... ;):D

paca said:
I can't help myself, but I find the resemblance between Charlotte and Caro in this particular picture striking. One often thinks Caro has her looks from Grace, but this pic of Charlotte shows that the Grimaldi genes were not bad either.;)
Caroline got the best parts of her grandmother and her mother and passed them on to her daughter Charlotte.

paca said:
I can't help myself, but I find the resemblance between Charlotte and Caro in this particular picture striking.

Wow you're right! I didn't notice it before.

To make Caroline its grandma Charlotte and aunt Peggy Graces sister and a little bit of her father. I don't see the resemblence between Grace and Caroline. Sorry.

Loveeee the pictures, very rare, right? thank u very much tbhc n Nina;)

Some pics of Prince Rainier's family - ACI/Rue des Archives

Honore III (November 10, 1720-March 21, 1795)

zmxx6p.jpg

Honoré V (May 14, 1778 in Paris, France -October 2, 1841)

zmxwue.jpg

Albert I (November 13, 1848 – June 26, 1922)

zmxz0j.jpg

His 2nd Wife Princess Alice

zmxzed.jpg
zmxzip.jpg

Louis II (July 12, 1870 – May 9, 1949)

zmxzrs.jpg
zmxzsl.jpg

His wife Princess Ghislaine (1900 - 1991)

zmy03r.jpg

And finally Princess Charlotte (30 September 1898 – 15 November 1977)

zmy0c9.jpg

If you want more information about the Grimaldis, take a look at this thread

More pics of Princess Charlotte - Ullstein Bild

11rvwk7.jpg
11rvwnp.jpg
11rvwol.jpg

Caroline looks like a blend of her mother's sister Peggy and her father's mother Princess Charlotte. I do not see any of Grace in her as far as looks go. I do think she has her mother's poise, class, and mannerisms.

memoo said:
Caroline looks like a blend of her mother's sister Peggy and her father's mother Princess Charlotte. I do not see any of Grace in her as far as looks go. I do think she has her mother's poise, class, and mannerisms.

And, thank God, the Kelly height and limbs. Grace gave her daughters long and shapely legs.

Caroline and her daugther Charlotte are extremely beautiful but no crowned head can ever compare to Grace Kelly. Every picture of her has a woman of a beauty beyond description.

Toledo said:
Caroline and her daugther Charlotte are extremely beautiful but no crowned head can ever compare to Grace Kelly. Every picture of her has a woman of a beauty beyond description.

AGREE AGREE AGREE !!! :)

Pix of Princess Florestine of Monaco, 1859

From left to right, Countess of Fontenilles, Princess Florestine of Monaco, her dog Lucrèce. Summer 1859.
(Photographer Chartier, Nice)

21kkw3o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom