The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you see it being personally addressed to a satisfactory solution and by whom? Its one thing to give an opinion on what should be done but it also helps to define the how it should be done. ;)

If the issues aren’t personally addressed, it’s going to continue. It may die down for a minute, but it’s not really going anywhere.

It won't go anywhere because the Markles don't want it to. That is the simple fact. But if the media don't play into their crap then they will eventually fade into the background of irrelevance.

It is good they are calling out the abuse for what it is. I will give them credit for that. It makes it hard for the Markles to continue on when people are putting those labels on their actions.

I fully expect them to have comments on every little thing Meghan does because that is what they do but overall I feel most don't care including the press who cover them. They looking out for themselves and the bottom line is Markles are becoming bad business. They are protecting themselves more than anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Express editor is joking right? Yes he acknowledges the media has egged on the Markle vampires but today's headline shows the tabloids want it both ways.

The media is turning on the Markles because it invested thousands of dollars in them, Dad particularly, to reconnect with Meghan so they can be their informants on the royals. They got nothing so they are throwing them under the bus. To regain its investments the press is going to start printing dirt on THEM. What karma.
:previous: Well stated Madame Verseau. IMHO that statement was just a token acknowledgement of the press' behavior and actions. Mr. Townsend like his peers knows full well that the new Duchess of Sussex is their latest summertime pot of gold. They never had any intention of staying silent on the Markles. Sadly Meghan's just the latest in a series of them: Diana, Sarah, Catherine, Camilla etc..:ermm:

Last edited:
While it’s all good for him to say that, he should really take a look at the headline that covered their paper their weekend regarding Tom Markle. How about they start putting their mouth where their cover is?

My thought exactly. A little late, good sir :bang:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems lately that Jr. has been the best behaved at least in terms of public tantrums.

It won't go anywhere because the Markles don't want it to. That is the simple fact. But if the media don't play into their crap then they will eventually fade into the background of irrelevance.

It is good they are calling out the abuse for what it is. I will give them credit for that. It makes it hard for the Markles to continue on when people are putting those labels on their actions.

I fully expect them to have comments on every little thing Meghan does because that is what they do but overall I feel most don't care including the press who cover them. They looking out for themselves and the bottom line is Markles are becoming bad business. They are protecting themselves more than anything.

Optimism is great and I hope some of this mess will fade into the background. I just know there’s more to come just as soon as that major baby announcement comes. All hell is going to break loose, if this current state of affairs continue.

The media should stop covering the Markles, but they will continue to do so, just as long as the Markle saga marches on.

It is already fading away. I don't expect it to completely go away. It never will because they will never stop talking but people are clearly caring less and less. So what they will whine when Meghan announces a pregnancy? We all know it will happen. It is old news before it even happened. The Markles are annoying but in the grand scheme of things their "scandal" isn't even top 20 of royal drama. Once they are all fully back to work they will be drowned out. We saw it happened plenty before they went on break.

How in the world is all hell going to break loose? Should the time come that Harry and Meghan announce a pregnancy or any other milestone in their lives, it will be shared as happy news by everybody. Harry and Meghan will continue on with their public and private lives

The tide has turned re the Markles, and tbh, I don't care why the press has turned on them, I'm just happy they have. There's no need for Meghan to arrange a meeting with her father, unless she WANTS to, for her personal reasons, and unless she feels comfortable doing so. Once the baby announcement comes, and IF the Markles rear their loud heads again, it won't get the same traction.

If the issues aren’t personally addressed, it’s going to continue. It may die down for a minute, but it’s not really going anywhere.

If the media declines to participate in the circus, twitter alone from Samantha is not going to have the same impact. And most of the public is weary of the drama.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice something different about the latest Tom Sr. article?

The quotes were provided by a someone discribed as a "friend and advisor". The comments were well articuled and not the usual aggressive style of previous friends who spoke to the media

I suspect Tom may have got a PR person who will begin a new angle of using the press to speak seemingly sensibly to the media. No more abusive language or just out right outlandish statements but wouldn't be surprised if there is now a handler to make sure the pressure on Meghan is still being kept up using the media but without outright being abusive as that is backfiring on the Markles.

If the media declines to participate in the circus, twitter alone from Samantha is not going to have the same impact. And most of the public is weary of the drama.

The media won’t decline to participate once things heat up. They want their story regardless.

Not worried about Sam and Tom Jr. They’ll fade into the background a bit.

Just hoping dad and daughter can get past this at some point and calm the waters a bit. None of this should’ve gotten this far.

The media won’t decline to participate once things heat up. They want their story regardless.

To keep things in perspective though, I think we need to remember too that this is the *tabloid* media. Just as the Kardashians have cleavage to reveal, politicians have axes to grind, and there's a breakthrough 'holy grail' slimming pill can help people lose weight and keep it off for several years, the *tabloids* will be there. (actual stories taken from today's tabloids. I looked them up) That's what they do. This is where the Markles fit in.

It won't be breaking news on BBC or CNN or any reputable news outlet. :D

Sr and his media friends are now racheting down the crazy, but that stench will not go away. Again if he truly wanted to contact his daughter he would wait until she contacts him.

I still think that the familly needs to show current contact with Meghan so they can continue to get their media platform.

Last edited:
I still think that the familly needs to show current contact with Meghan so they can continue to get their media platform.

This is the crux of the matter. As long as tabloids are involved, the element of trust from Meghan's side is totally gone. The tabloids right now are the monkey in the middle. Tom, Sr. uses the tabloid media and Meghan doesn't cooperate in any way with tabloids.

Until that monkey in the middle goes away, which now is like closing Pandora's box, that monkey is like a brick wall separating father and daughter.

Just hoping dad and daughter can get past this at some point and calm the waters a bit. None of this should’ve gotten this far.

Well people typically don't take kindly to veiled threats and emotional abuse tossed their way. That is on Thomas that it has gotten this far and no one else. Meghan's only job is to protect herself.

:previous:
Osipi

Well that right there says it all.......and I agree completely with you. And the thing is ...Sr **sacrificed** his daughter for frame, greed and money.......he put her at the top and lite the fire of hate in the tabloids.......he burned all future communications with her and Harry.....nothing I honestly believe will ever repair what Sr has done and he accepted the way Sam bullied Meghan ......that is showing sides of one daughter over another.......a person does *not* have to forgive another in life, yet they can and should accept people for their behavior, then walk away and never look back.......forgiveness and acceptance are 2 very different ways of dealing with abusive people in one's life.

And so what Dman if crap hits the fan.......what is it going to do to Meghan, Harry or anyone in the BRF? Not a darn thing, they know how to handle this carp as you say.......much better then some here could handle it. They have had great practice during the decades before in the 80/90's to deal with how to handle the media. Meghan will with Harry the love of her life for he is more important then any other human being most surely family members that are abusive to her........she and he will go on doing what they want to do and the hell with the moaning markles.....they are the crap that will in time sink down the drain and be flushed away.....Heck it doesn't bother me one bit if the moaning markles have their say in the tabloids each day...the tabloids are dumb enough to pay them, the go for it.......not going to effect sweet Meghan and Harry one damn bit...........

okay sis could not shut up for long...........:lol:

You're absolutely right in stating that its not going to affect Harry and Meghan one bit *as far we'll see*. People can only have opinions of what Meghan must be feeling. The most important thing with Meghan is that she wants and deserves those close to her to keep her confidences and her thoughts she shares private and not "out there" for all and sundry to muse over, discuss and analyze. She wants her private life private and she deserves that much.

This affirms what I've been saying. The *tabloids* are the monkey in the middle and the brick wall and Tom, Sr. is treating them as a means to an end as a way to reach Meghan or denigrate Meghan or whatever mood hits him at the moment.

Pandora's box yet again. Tom, Sr., of his own free will, went to any media that would listen against advice and requests from Harry and Meghan and is now reaping what he has sown.

And so what Dman if crap hits the fan.......what is it going to do to Meghan, Harry or anyone in the BRF? Not a darn thing, they know how to handle this carp as you say.......much better then some here could handle it. They have had great practice during the decades before in the 80/90's to deal with how to handle the media. Meghan will with Harry the love of her life for he is more important then any other human being most surely family members that are abusive to her........she and he will go on doing what they want to do and the hell with the moaning markles.....they are the crap that will in time sink down the drain and be flushed away.....Heck it doesn't bother me one bit if the moaning markles have their say in the tabloids each day...the tabloids are dumb enough to pay them, the go for it.......not going to effect sweet Meghan and Harry one damn bit...........

okay sis could not shut up for long...........:lol:
I check tabloïds on my computer Everyday but for several weeks now I have stopped reading anything from the MARKLES.....it upsets me to think what Meghan must feel….it must be so unpleasant !

I check tabloïds on my computer Everyday but for several weeks now I have stopped reading anything from the MARKLES.....it upsets me to think what Meghan must feel….it must be so unpleasant !

In fact this thread is the only place I see anything about the Markles. :sad: I haven't seen anything in my newsfeed about them for weeks, maybe since the wedding? Can't be sure, but it's been a very long time.

I think the Express statement was probably a watershed. Like I said, a little too late IMO but the media want access to the Sussexes upcoming engagements so now they are going to play nice.

Honestly, I think the Sussexes not doing some engagements or pap strolls during August just to cool off the rabid speculation pissed off the papers, but they don't play those games and that is their right. Other royal couples have, but these two keep their lives private.

In regards to Meghan's family, I just want to see Mama Doria in the UK again with her babies (yes I am including Harry in that. I think Harry and Doria have a strong connection) myself!

I think the Express statement was probably a watershed. Like I said, a little too late IMO but the media want access to the Sussexes upcoming engagements so now they are going to play nice.

Honestly, I think the Sussexes not doing some engagements or pap strolls during August just to cool off the rabid speculation pissed off the papers, but they don't play those games and that is their right. Other royal couples have, but these two keep their lives private.

In regards to Meghan's family, I just want to see Mama Doria in the UK again with her babies (yes I am including Harry in that. I think Harry and Doria have a strong connection) myself!

It makes sense. If they take down the Markles it better the media's chances of having access.

To be honest, the *tabloids* know the schedule that the British royals keep in August. Its down time and practically no public engagements are scheduled. If you look elsewhere on the threads, you'll find coverage of family visiting Granny at Balmoral. All roads lead to Granny in the summer. If Harry and Meghan had been included at that time, we *might* have seen it. We know George went on his first grouse shoot. We didn't see that hit the headlines in the *tabloids*.

The *tabloids* are focusing on the Markle one sided war they're not going to win. For all we know, Harry and Meghan *could* have been at Balmoral with Granny that weekend but it was a non story for the *tabloids* because, frankly, the Markles had no part in it or to prevent a further outburst from the Markles, they skirted around the issue that Harry and Meghan were also there. I doubt it but what is printed in the *tabloids* is made to fit to their own agenda and storyline.

What we're seeing and forming opinions on is only on what the *tabloids* want us to see and form opinions on. Things are not always as they seem to be.

:previous:
Osipi

Well that right there says it all.......and I agree completely with you. And the thing is ...Sr **sacrificed** his daughter for frame, greed and money.......he put her at the top and lite the fire of hate in the tabloids.......he burned all future communications with her and Harry.....nothing I honestly believe will ever repair what Sr has done and he accepted the way Sam bullied Meghan ......that is showing sides of one daughter over another.......a person does *not* have to forgive another in life, yet they can and should accept people for their behavior, then walk away and never look back.......forgiveness and acceptance are 2 very different ways of dealing with abusive people in one's life.

:previous: well said:flowers:

Tom, will speak loud and clear.

This will only serve to expose the abuser even more for what he truly is, so...

(‘Every cloud has a silver lining’)

At least this Editor, Martin Townsend, at the Sunday Express has recognized that the press has assisted in giving Markles a platform to spew abuse.

“I am not such a hypocrite to suggest that we journalists haven't played our part in stoking it up....... no father should treat a daughter like this, particularly at the life-changing moment her married life has just begun.”

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/e...markle-meghan-prince-harry-royal-wedding-news

I’m glad the abuse & harassment is getting called out for what it really is by media types. Just a shame a few are still complicit.

How can people say that this is sweet or misguided. He basically implied that Harry might abuse Meghan amongst other things.Did y’all even watch this interview?? It was terrible.

No, he didn't imply abuse at all. It's an old fashioned thing to say to a future son-in-law, nothing sinister in it at all.

Sweet man? Far from it. Poor Meghan. I suspect whatever relationship they had is officially over. If I were her I would completely cut him out of my life.

He wants to come to London? What a joke. Anyone notice how he keeps mentioning how upset he is that he is not part of history. And how uncomfortable was his comment that the 1st thing he said to Harry was "don't raise hand to her." Sheesh.

It all makes sense why she delayed telling him. He kept repeating how Meghan and Harry stressed to him to NOT talk to the press and here he is doing it anyways. And all he could say to it was that he felt he needed to clear the air and he hopes they will forgive him.

The worst.

Meghan praised her father up constantly on her blog and in interviews. It's there for the world to see. Anyone who has grown children will understand how heartbreaking it would be to be ghosted without explanation. He mentioned ONCE about the wedding being part of history and how he wasn't part of it. It's an old fashioned thing to say to a future son-in-law to not raise his hand to his daughter. It's not an underhanded insinuation. He's told the world about how he was told he could not give a father of the bride speech and all the other ways he was disrespected by Meg, Harry and the Palace. Harry should have made an effort to meet him, but instead he gets orders to not talk to the press.

Thomas Markle admitted Harry and Meghan offered him support and told him to avoid the press. He stressed how they stressed it. He just didn't listen to them and ignored their help.

Even when he was told doing this interview could upset Meghan he just said he needed to explain he didn't fake his heart attack and hope they would understand. He obviously doesn't care and refuses to listen.

That entire interview was a mess. Thank goodness for Doria.

Thomas Markle is a retired lighting professional and worked hard to support his daughter. That means he's a proud independant man and not one to take offered help. I come from a family of men just like him. That doesn't make him a bad man.

How about keeping his mouth shut lest he upset his daughter? Meghan's coming off a great solo engagement with HMQ and now kicks off the week with this dumpster fire. Thomas Markle can talk about his own opinions and feelings all day long (though I wish he wouldn't) but it's past time for him to keep H&M's names out of his mouth. Saying anything, positive or negative, just makes it harder for Meghan.

The only reason Thomas gave interviews is because his daughter cut him off cold. ...he doesn't even have a number to text her.

The only reason Thomas gave interviews is because his daughter cut him off cold. ...he doesn't even have a number to text her.

Sorry but not. Meghan was texting him and calling him, and instead of answering to her texts and calls, he called to TMZ, told them what Meghan has texted him. He had all the contact details, but he schemed behind Meghan's back to give an interview to Piers Morgan. His own words, he didn't answer calls and texts, so Meghan wouldn't find out, that he had GMB crew camped at his house. He spilled private information about Meghan's life to TMZ and GMB. That's why Meghan cut contact.

You don't get to change the timeline just because it doesn't fit the image of poor mistreated Thomas Snr. He laid out the timeline and his betrayal of Meghan for the world to see. These are the facts, let's discuss things based on them, not made up scenarios.

Remember all the rude and crude and racist and sexist remarks that ‘dear old Philip’ has said through the years, and we’ve all been encouraged to regard that as Philip being Philip? Surely he knows better. Mr. Markle hasn’t said anything remotely as obnoxious as those things.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/prince-philip-best-gaffes-quotes-133848

thank you for saying that.

I fell so bad for Meghan. There’s a big reason why that the only family member she had at her wedding was her mother, Doria. Her family not only have their own issues, but they’ve been out to hurt her for a long time. Her father wants to hurt her. That must be devastating for Meghan to even comprehend.

I refuse to even look at the interview. I will not be a part of the hurt towards Meghan. I just can’t do it.

That isn't true. If you read Meghan's blog and interviews, even her UN speech, she praised her father over and over. She has many family members and relatives and apart from Samantha, NONE of them have every tried to hurt her. In fact, a lot of them helped her.

I'm sorry but no, yes the Markle's are a problem but there is still no excuse for only having 1 family member at her wedding.

Yes, it's extremely odd. Nobody will ever convince me that every single person on both sides of her family have done her wrong. Even if they did, she's far from perfect herself.

What do you suggest she do then? Invite those that’s been lashing out at her because they aren’t getting the recognition they feel they now deserve by sheer genetic lottery that they are related to her or extended family that she’s not close with? She invited people that’s been close to her since she was a young adult.

Samantha is the ONLY one who went to the media straight away. Thomas was hounded by the media from day one, photographing his every move and painting him as an obese loser. He didn't ask for any of it. But he kept quiet for over TWO YEARS.

I don't blame her at all for only having Doria there.

Very few families are the 'Leave it to Beaver' ...everyone has their various dysfunction (including the BRF). Also not all families have a large extended group. I have cousins I haven't seen in decades along with other family..we were never close or raised around each other. I wouldn't (and didn't) invite them to my wedding.

The last thing I'd do is invite people who were known to try and cause problems.

LaRae

Meghan's family never caused her problems. Her uncle got her the job at the embassy. People are just assuming they are all troublemakers. They all got along fine before the wedding. Nobody can tell me that Doria is the only family she got along with.

Mr. Markle worked in Hollywood in the media scene and was very successful there. You don't get Emmys for being naive or just a good director of photography. We know he read about Meghan and Harry, so he must have known that Meghan shunned Piers Morgan as soon as she learned from Harry about him. Or a phonecall would have made him find out. That he went there anyway is a real betrayal. OTOH Meghan and Harry seem to be able to rely on their friends to keep their mouthes shut. We have an old saying in Germany: friends are God's excuse and recompense for the family he settled you with. Maybe this explains why Meghan was so friendly received by the BRF.

Harry's friends, I agree, wouldn't betray them. Meghan's friends have talked to the media about her from the beginning. Chopra gives interviews and Williams spruiks clothes using Meghan's name.

The media and royal watchers online has pretty much failed to understand the true extent of the damaged relationships within the Markle family.

At first, I thought this craziness was about a family not being able to handle the media attention Meghan and Harry’s relationship brought. Well, it goes much deeper than that. The Markle family have a lot of demons in their history. It’s only coming to light because of the spotlight this royal relationship. Now we’re understanding why Meghan distance herself from her family and didn’t invite them to her wedding.

Meghan obviously loves her father and wanted him to be at the wedding, but her relationship with him remains bad in a way. There’s a reason why no effort has been made for Harry to even meet him. I think it has something to do with his relationship with his daughter.

Yeah, every family have their issues, including the royal family. I just feel bad that Meghan’s own father seems to be out to hurt her. He’s refused the help of Harry and Meghan and palace officials on dealing with everything.

So you are saying that the Raglands and Markles are not good enough to attend the wedding?

Actually, Piers Morgan is quite reputable in US to those that don't follow UK media a lot. He hosted his own show on CNN while he was here and that's how most American knows him. I'm not saying he is reputable because I'm well aware of his connection to DM, but I didn't know this about him until I was here. Meghan has never spoken about her one meeting with Piers, and I doubt she ever will. Just because she closed ranks after meeting Harry doesn't necessarily mean she's going to think to warn her father off of Piers specifically (until now, there is no reason for them even to bring up Piers Morgan in private conversations I'd imagine).

As for his success as a lighting director, it doesn't mean he knows anything about how to deal with the press. He's an introvert man who has obviously chosen to live a quite secluded life before this. The fact that we, as royal watchers who has spent years watching how those around royals are expected to react to unfair press coverage, doesn't change that fact.

Because until like three months ago, Thomas hasn't spoken to the media. I mean I know we all like to jump on instincts and slam the man. But he did remain silent for a long time even when they stalked his home. And it's not as if Harry went into in-depth conversation about it. It sounded like a passing comment to an upset man.

Thank you. As an introvert myself, I absolutely feel for him. He's been painted as a loser all this time and it isn't fair. Why didn't Harry meet him before the wedding, and how on earth can they justify not meeting him after.

Thank you. As an introvert myself, I absolutely feel for him. He's been painted as a loser all this time and it isn't fair. Why didn't Harry meet him before the wedding, and how on earth can they justify not meeting him after.

They didn't meet Mr Markle after the wedding because Mr Markle told Meghan and Harry not to come and visit him. That's from Mr Markle himself, his own interviews.

... Basically, the article isn't worth a read at all. Its doing what tabloids do best. Make things up.

Frankly, I personally do not read any of the tripe articles, especially not from the whining Markles. I don't want to give them clicks and credence. I did see Markle Snr on Good Morning Britain (the first tv interview), but everything else he's whined about I've heard third-hand snippets spoken about here and in articles written about how he needs to shut-up, and in news reports on Youtube, such as E-news and royalty talk programs.

Hopefully the Markle whining is winding down!

Agreed. How do you bond with people when you can't speak freely in front of them and have to hold back? I'm sure Meghan cares for her father and will step in when necessary to care for him, but I don't think she's going to be going to him as a confidant when she's dealing with life's obstacles. In addition to the inability to understand how silly it is to worry about his image (it's not about him for heaven's sake) and how he won't win that by speaking, he doesn't seem to show good judgment in dealing with difficult situations. Life isn't about black and white decisions, it's the ability to navigate on a tightrope. Especially when one is dealing with life in the royal fishbowl.

Good thing is that she has managed to formed and maintain other relationships, including but not limited to her mother, that she has been able to be herself in and trust that person will offer sage advice. Want to know who Meghan considers her family? Just take a look at the seating chart on her side of the Quire other than those that were placed there because of their obvious long term connection to Harry that he can't fit on his side. It's telling everything we need to know.

Actually, Thomas wasn't worried about his image for his own sake, but how it reflected on Meghan. As a grown woman, I think Meghan can handle being able to talk to her own father without divulging state secrets or private things. If she can't, she has no business representing the queen and commonwealth.

Harry’s comments, as quoted by Markle, really need context to be evaluated.

If he was truly engaging in the conversation, they could have been pro-Trump, pro-Brexit. If he was trying to politely shut down the political topic, they could have been his way of saying, “as a royal, my job is to deal the best I can with what voters have chosen.”

We don’t and won’t have the context to truly know, but given what else we’ve seen of the two men involved in the conversation the second makes the most sense to me.

I just can’t imagine someone in Harry’s position truly letting his guard down about politics with anyone he doesn’t know very, very, VERY well. And Markle doesn’t seem to be one who can read a situation all that well (if he could he wouldn’t have fallen down this hole of posed pap photos and ill-advised interviews) so I don’t necessarily trust his perception of Harry’s comments, either.

I remember hearing that, too, but I can’t find where I might have read it. Not sure if it was true or not.

No, none of Doria's family or friends were present. Considering the parents of the couple are usually allowed a certain number of their friends and family, it's very odd that Doria was there alone.

It's sad when families fall out, but sometimes relationships are so toxic that the best thing is to keep them at a distance.
Meghan didn't do this recently; she's distanced herself from her siblings, and to a certain extent from her father, for many years.

Now she knows her father is completely untrustworthy, and she'll have to tell him very little when they talk.
So hypocritical, when he told his family to keep quiet and not speak to the press, and then he turns around to cash in himself!

(People criticized Harry for saying Meghan never really had an extended family, but it's clear now that his statement was pretty accurate.)

Actually, you are wrong. There is absolutely no evidence that she didn't get along with her father up to the wedding. Far from toxic.

Leopards do not change their spots and the sun also rises and the swallows return to Capristrano. Some things you can set your watch by. Meghan's family dynamics are not unique and I can understand why she could refer to herself as an only child of a single mother if she chose to.

The Markle relations are just that. Relatives that she didn't ask for nor, as time passed, even cared to know as anything but her father's side of the family. She owes them nothing. She has no obligation to any of them at all. She is now married into a family where a "circle of trust" is necessary for peace of mind and any semblance of a private life. Meghan, along with Harry, have their own lives to live and will make the best decisions that will ensure their life is as stress free as possible.

Meghan needs to keep that moat stocked with all kinds of predators to draw the line between herself, her life and her new family due to a sense of "entitlement" exhibited by certain Markle relatives. One now is claiming she is going to be moving to the UK, has been known to "stand up" on British political issues and is campaigning for Meghan to use her "royalness" to address the issue of legalizing marijuana for medicinal purposes in the UK.

When someone is behaving in such a manner as to use a person as a doormat, one does not go out and get "WELCOME" printed across their forehead. I, for one, applaud Meghan's decision to not feed into her estranged family and to look to her future with Harry.

Staying quiet is not helping matters either.

If there were hidden Raglands in the church than all the better; if you have a huge guest list I think you should invite family even if you aren't close. I suspect she has more of a history with hidden Raglands than with the Clooneys or Oprah. It is just my opinion that I would invite certain cousins and aunts even if we aren't as close as we should be; especially in such a situation where they have proven they can be trusted to keep quiet. That's just me and that's why I always hope she invited more family than just her mom.

Not only has Tom shown himself to be selfish but also sneaky and deceptive.

No, no family, just Doria. Nobody seems to know why Oprah was invited, although the Clooneys are friends with Harry. Meghan said nice things about some of her cousins in her blog, but they weren't nice enough to be invited even though she spent Christmas's with them.

All Meghan can do at this point is ignore her father and remove him from her life.

No. He's made a mistake, but he is the man who worked hard at raising her and giving her everything he had to give. He supported her through all her acting gigs so the least she could do is talk to him. To cut him out is beyond cruel.

I guess it would depend on how angry you are. My bestfriend stopped talking to her mother when she was 21 years old after she came out as a lesbian. They haven't talked in over a decade. It is hard but can be done.

Honestly I haven't gotten the impression that Meghan is all that close to Thomas. The fact it took her until she was about to marry Harry to introduce him to via the phone speaks volumes. Was he even at her 1st wedding? It is a serious question.

I don't doubt she loves him but that doesn't mean they have been particularly close and I am guessing his actions in the last few weeks have not made it easy. He can't be trusted and at this point she is better to protect herself from him.

If you read her blog The Tig, her interviews, even her UN Women speech, she was very close to her father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom