The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are not actually Burrells' claims but rather those of his former body guard who just testified at the inquest. He claims this is what Burrell told him. A statement from Burrell refutes all that the former body guard claims.
Unfortunately, having watched Burrells claim that he didn't tell the whole truth and his subsequent statement that he was drunk when he made that claim, (which the reporters deny) I tend to believe the bodyguard. Very much like Burrells 'I have a secret' at the inquest and when really pushed, he didn't, anything to make himself seem more important to anyone he speaks to.

Indeedy. In London there's at least a Greek and Russian presence. A while ago, a Russian Orthodox Monastery was in the news because it changed affiliation and became a Greek Orthodox Monastery. It's a good example of what we're discussing. The women who go to the monastery when they have vigils and services don't start behaving like Greek women, it's the admin side of things that has changed and the local culture takes precedence over the clergy in charge. Anywho, you're quite right about Diana. There were suspicions she was going to become a Catholic when she met John Paul II, suspicions she was going to become a Muslim when she dated Hasnat Khan and Dodi. I don't think religion mattered much to Diana.

Mohamed al Fayed has slammed the inquest into the deaths of his son Dodi and Diana, Princess of Wales because the coroner refuses to get evidence from senior royals.

Diana Inquest: Mohamed al Fayed Applies For Judicial Review |Sky News|UK News

he has started already! :bang::bang:

Hm... I don't see any evidence either that information that the duke or queen may possess could shed more light on what happened back then but lots of evidence that they were definately not involved in any foul play concerning the mother of their grandsons. So why should they be called as witnesses? Witnesses for what? There are many things I want to ask HM. Shall I apply to court to make them answer me? The idea is so stupid, I don't think anything will come out of it.

Indeedy. In London there's at least a Greek and Russian presence. A while ago, a Russian Orthodox Monastery was in the news because it changed affiliation and became a Greek Orthodox Monastery. It's a good example of what we're discussing. The women who go to the monastery when they have vigils and services don't start behaving like Greek women, it's the admin side of things that has changed and the local culture takes precedence over the clergy in charge. Anywho, you're quite right about Diana. There were suspicions she was going to become a Catholic when she met John Paul II, suspicions she was going to become a Muslim when she dated Hasnat Khan and Dodi. I don't think religion mattered much to Diana.

Maybe Diana saw the Church of England as an enemy to her happiness/marriage and she took bits and pieces from this and that religion to sort of guide her in some sort of "spiritual quest" as intoned by Simone Simmons. One of her treasured possessions at the Museum at Althorp was a prayer book by Mother Teresa...and she is buried with a rosary given to her from MT. Also, Diana had seen the conversions of the Duchess of Kent and her mother to Catholism...Even Prince Charles went on spiritual retreats. The exiled King Constantine II of Greece is a close family friend and Godfather to Prince William....

I wouldn't put it past her to have consciously and deliberately worn the "friendship" ring on that certain finger. Remember, she used to send signals to James Hewitt with nail polish on her fingertips.

I was truly upset when I read about Mohammed's distress when he saw Diana's twisted neck....I assumed as much that she had an unreported neck/spinal injury when I saw a certain pap shot of her in the final moments of her life.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put it past her to have consciously and deliberately worn the "friendship" ring on that certain finger. Remember, she used to send signals to James Hewitt with nail polish on her fingertips.

I didn't know that. Where did you get this information ? It's not surprising though ; Diana used to wear specific colors to express her mood. And many famous people do it as well.

I was truly upset when I read about Mohammed's distress when he saw Diana's twisted neck....I assumed as much that she had an unreported neck/spinal injury when I saw a certain pap shot of her in the final moments of her life.

Wasn't it Burrell who saw her body with a twisted neck ?

I didn't know that. Where did you get this information ? It's not surprising though ; Diana used to wear specific colors to express her mood. And many famous people do it as well.

Wasn't it Burrell who saw her body with a twisted neck ?

So far none has claimed they had seen a twisted neck, neither doctors, nurses nor people who saw her body. It's just that it's claimed that Burrell told somebody (that guy faux) that she had had a twisted neck - noone else said that.

It was proven that Fayed did never see her body, though - he admitted that much IIRC. So he acts on hearsay, too.

If you look closely at pictures of Diana in form fitting dresses you will notice that "bump" has been there since after the birth of Prince Harry. Sometimes women have a hard time losing that post baby bulge.

Some of these photos show it quite well.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Cat

Some have suspected that she was taking The Pill in 1987 because she gained some weight that year. Her face looked fuller.

I do see the little bulge in some of the pics. I only asked cause I noticed in some pictures I was looking at from apparently her vacation in '93 according to the text she wore similar swimsuits to those she wore when she was with Dodi and nothing showed. So that's why I was wondering.

I do see the little bulge in some of the pics. I only asked cause I noticed in some pictures I was looking at from apparently her vacation in '93 according to the text she wore similar swimsuits to those she wore when she was with Dodi and nothing showed. So that's why I was wondering.

This may have come with age. I think uterine fibroids, which is common to a lot of women, can create that sort of bulge. (I'm no doctor though :whistling:)

Not to belabour the point of Diana's little tummy bulge (I should be so lucky to have one so small), but she sported it even n 1993. The photo of her in the red bikini shows it was there even then. Of course, birth control pills and a few added years could have made it a bit more pronuonced in 1997.

Cat

Mohamed al Fayed has slammed the inquest into the deaths of his son Dodi and Diana, Princess of Wales because the coroner refuses to get evidence from senior royals.

Diana Inquest: Mohamed al Fayed Applies For Judicial Review |Sky News|UK News

he has started already! :bang::bang:
Fortunately he lost! I saw one "reader comment" to a similar article in which she was of the opinion that Fayed should remember he is not a British citizen but a guest in her country (London was stated as her locale) before he took it upon himself to attack royalty. Not a direct quote but the gist of it. I had to agree with her. But for pity's sake -- don't send him to us!
:ohmy:
Cat

Fortunately he lost! I saw one "reader comment" to a similar article in which she was of the opinion that Fayed should remember he is not a British citizen but a guest in her country (London was stated as her locale) before he took it upon himself to attack royalty. Not a direct quote but the gist of it. I had to agree with her.

Well I guess one good thing about al Fayed is that he is causing the native Britons to stand up and show their loyalty to the royal family. It was incredibly depressing to see in Diana's lifetime how she inspired just the opposite affections in the British people towards their Royal Family. I'm glad to see some of this antipathy towards the Royal Family replaced by loyalty and a sense of national pride in the royals.

Well I guess one good thing about al Fayed is that he is causing the native Britons to stand up and show their loyalty to the royal family. It was incredibly depressing to see in Diana's lifetime how she inspired just the opposite affections in the British people towards their Royal Family. I'm glad to see some of this antipathy towards the Royal Family replaced by loyalty and a sense of national pride in the royals.

Not everyone in Britain supports the monarchy Ysbel. IMO I think it's a little unfair to say that Diana only inspired the opposite affections. She did do some good for the Royal Family to. IMO Diana was a blessing and a misfortune for the Royal Family.

I didn't say everyone supports the monarchy sirhon and I didn't say Diana only inspired the opposite affections against the Royal Family.

I do believe by and large Diana inspired more feelings against the Royal Family than she inspired feelings for the Royal Family. She may have done some good for the Royal Family but that was outstripped by the feelings that she inspired in people against the Royal Family.

On the contrary, al Fayed by being the nasty little lying bugger he is, is actually inspiring disgust in people and he's inspiring at least some Britons to defend their Royal Family against this outsider.

I think this is a welcome change in public sentiment towards the Royal Family.

I am confused about this ring.

Paul Burrell says he has the ring Diana was wearing is that the ring shown on her hand in the Ritz security cameras when they were in the lift etc?

What then is the ring that M A-F has on display on Harrod's at that.....*shudder*........."memorial" Is he saying that that one is the engagement ring that Dodi supposedly bought for her?

And was this ring (the one at Harrod's) supposedly in the car or the apartment?

Just in the photos it seems tacky beyond belief and not something Diana would enjoy wearing

Last edited:
This may have come with age. I think uterine fibroids, which is common to a lot of women, can create that sort of bulge. (I'm no doctor though :whistling:)

Not to belabour the point of Diana's little tummy bulge (I should be so lucky to have one so small), but she sported it even n 1993. The photo of her in the red bikini shows it was there even then. Of course, birth control pills and a few added years could have made it a bit more pronuonced in 1997.

Cat

Yep that's what I figured too. I wish mine could be that tiny. When I started birth control my tummy blew up, I don't understand how she managed to look so good! Sorry lol I went a bit off topic there. Fayed drives me insane, I'll be very happy to hear the verdict but also terrified cause I know he'll be all over the place after that trying to convince us the jury was brainwashed.

I for one am more then happy with the inquest it explained to me a few things the inquiry didn't which helped clear up alot of unanswered questions. I'm more then ready to hear the verdict. I read somewhere after they decide on the verdict they will talk about giving Mr. Fayed a gagging order or something along those lines. I think alot of us would agree that it would be a wonderful idea to do that. I don't want to hear him after this is over although I fear we will.

I know this is going to sound kinda insane what I'm about to ask but will the inquest website stay up long after all is decided? I'd love to save all these transcripts, I know it sounds sick but I do want them. I mean I saved Operation Pagat so I figured I should add the transcripts from the inquest as well.

Last edited:
I'm very glad this farce is coming to an end. IMO its witness list veered way off-topic. And I'm very glad the DoE wasn't called.

Burrell still puzzles me. It seems to me that, in the U.S. if he had removed property from a body it would have been tampering with evidence or theft. Under what authority could he have imagined he had the right to do this? But I feel rather sorry for him, he's emerged as a pathetic character (rather than the Princess's rock as he wished to be portrayed). And he's lost everything.

I for one am more then happy with the inquest it explained to me a few things the inquiry didn't which helped clear up alot of unanswered questions. I'm more then ready to hear the verdict. I read somewhere after they decide on the verdict they will talk about giving Mr. Fayed a gagging order or something along those lines. I think alot of us would agree that it would be a wonderful idea to do that. I don't want to hear him after this is over although I fear we will.

I know this is going to sound kinda insane what I'm about to ask but will the inquest website stay up long after all is decided? I'd love to save all these transcripts, I know it sounds sick but I do want them. I mean I saved Operation Pagat so I figured I should add the transcripts from the inquest as well.

Why not? It's historically interesting material, so it will be available for the public in archives anyway. Plus all things that are and have been on the web are collected anyway, so you need not fear you'll loose access to them. I agree. the transcripts really are a fascinating read! :flowers:

Having read the media reports about the McCartney-divorce and what the judge said about the marriage and the relationship of "husband" and "wife" in this case, I have a feeling I understand now what the Burrell-trial was all about.

During the inquest, while they searched for the letters of the duke of Edinburgh, it turned out that Diana's divorce papers went missing and that there is a real chance that Burrell took them. Now if they were as outspoken as the McCartney one (and I hadn't know this could be the case in a UK divorce) publication of these papers would have meant back then a sensation and would probably even today cause quite a stir.

So IMHO this explains to me what "papers" the police really was looking for at Burrell's and why the trial against him collapsed: probably he passed the papers on to Charles and the queen then stepped in and stopped the trial.

Just my opinion but there is a lot of evidence from the inquest which points in that direction. Evidence brought up to give the letters from the duke more meaning than they IMHO have but which would explain a lot when we substitute "letters" with divorce papers.

Although the findings of the jury will be Diana's death will have been caused by a drunk driver with no conspiracy from the Royal Family (which I can easily accept as plausible), I will question forever the security breach of Al Fayed's security team to have allowed the disturbances by the paps at the Ritz and for someone not to override the decision to allow Henri Paul to have driven the couple at all (as per his erratic driving as witnessed by Dodi's massage therapist from California upon arrival in Paris). Something is amiss with Paul Burrell's mental state but he seems to be under duress and we haven't heard the last of him. Diana and Dodi rest in peace in paradise but I will always have a question or two in the back of my mind...but that's ok.

Well I answered my own question although I just have one more thing to say before this whole thing is over, I definitly think Mr. Fayed was the one who tipped off the papz that day.

Last edited:
I have been following the inquest pretty closely and have to say that I am relieved it will be soon coming to an end. Although we have seen some new pictures and evidence, I highly doubt that the verdict will be any different from previous investigations. Henri Paul will probably be the guilty one.

I hope that once the Inquest is over, people will stop going on and on with conspiracies because it is time to let it go. Sadly, the Princess of Wales will never be with us again and there is no use coming up with theory upon theory that will get Mr Al Fayed going and it upsets her children, too.

We shall never know what happened in that tunnel.

The only thing that still puzzles me a bit was what was the Repossi ring then? Since I'm assuming the Bulgari ring was the one she had told some of her friends Dodi was hinting about..I just can't imagine with what I've read see it being the Repossi ring she was referring to. I could be wrong though, It just seems kinda fast to buy her another ring unless it was something special but I just don't see it being an engagement ring but I don't know what else it could have symbolized well not that it has to but you hopefully get what I'm trying to say.

The only thing that still puzzles me a bit was what was the Repossi ring then? Since I'm assuming the Bulgari ring was the one she had told some of her friends Dodi was hinting about..I just can't imagine with what I've read see it being the Repossi ring she was referring to. I could be wrong though, It just seems kinda fast to buy her another ring unless it was something special but I just don't see it being an engagement ring but I don't know what else it could have symbolized well not that it has to but you hopefully get what I'm trying to say.

Maybe it was what some posters here have suggested: Diana was already a bit bored with Dodi and he, on his father's insistence, wanted to give her a ring or something else - remember, he selected not only rings from Repossi, but there were other items like bracelets etc. among the jewels Repossi sent over to the Ritz for Dodi's selection. And IMHO Dodi did not appear like anybody who really searched for a personal gift while his father was so interested that he had one minion tell him all about the jewels and their prices over the phone.

I have missed parts of the Diana Inquest, so has there been anything mentioned on the Cherruault burglary?

Chappy

We don't seem to have any reliable proof that a Repossi ring was ever supplied to Dodi. The only people who have said Dodi picked out a ring, are those connected to Fayed or likely to benefit from a connection. Maybe, just maybe, Dodi was in Repossi picking a pair of cufflinks for himself and the ring story is one that has been encouraged to back up the suggestion that Diana was murdered because she was going to marry a muslim. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom