The Danish Orders and Monograms

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, I'm not sure how to do that either but I found some tips in the Support and Feedback threads. :flowers:

Hey, does anyone have the late King Frederik's Monogram? like on a letter head or something similar?

thanks in advanced:flowers::)

Here is a small version of the late King's monogram, in the bottom left corner.

(From Music-Web International)

Princess Robijn said:
Maybe Princess Marie liked designing it herself.

She didn't design it. It was designed by Ronny Andersen. I am not sure if Marie had input regarding the monogram. From what I have read, it sounds like the artist was completely responsible for the design.

The announcement at kongehuset.dk clarifies that point for us.

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

translation:

"New royal monogram

The monogram for Her Royal Highness Princess Marie
has been prepared by royal arms painter Ronny Andersen after proposals from Princess Marie."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the info Freye! I would be curious to see the other designs that Marie suggested. Does anyone know if that info would have been released, and if it was, where one could find it?

Has Marie received the Order of the Elephant yet?
When did the Queen grant Mary the Order of the Elephant??????

Does the Countess Alexandra still hold her Order of the Elephant??

Has Marie received the Order of the Elephant yet?
When did the Queen grant Mary the Order of the Elephant??????

Does the Countess Alexandra still hold her Order of the Elephant??

According to the website www.kongehuset.dk Marie has not yet recivede the Order of the Elephant..perhaps she will received when the NewYears Court takes place :)

CP Mary recivede the Order of the Elephant the galla before the wedding when ther was a galla at Chrisitansborg Carstel.

Yes Countess still holdes her Order of the Elephant and she will holdes it till they day she dies or if she does a very stupid thing like killing a person and then is sent to prission then she will lose it.

Thank you for the info Freye! I would be curious to see the other designs that Marie suggested. Does anyone know if that info would have been released, and if it was, where one could find it?

I cant remember any except the final design being released in the past, so I would suscept that you're likely outta luck sgl

According to the website www.kongehuset.dk Marie has not yet recivede the Order of the Elephant..perhaps she will received when the NewYears Court takes place :)

CP Mary recivede the Order of the Elephant the galla before the wedding when ther was a galla at Chrisitansborg Carstel.

Yes Countess still holdes her Order of the Elephant and she will holdes it till they day she dies or if she does a very stupid thing like killing a person and then is sent to prission then she will lose it.

Really? On Danish Royal Watchers it said that she HAD received the Order of the Elephant, but perhaps their information is incorrect.

Actually the webside www.kongehuset.dk does not directly say that Marie has not yet receivede The Order of the Elephant. But on the Danish edition of the webside - underneath every name of the members in the royal house - is also a list telling which orders this royal has received.

Underneath Princess Maries name no orders are mentioned - yet :flowers:. Indirectly this means she still has not received The Order of the Elephant.

Conclusion: The Danish Royal Watchers information is incorrect.

I cant remember any except the final design being released in the past, so I would suscept that you're likely outta luck sgl

Ohhh....I know that this is something that typically wouldn't be released, but I am so curious to see the other designs that were proposed. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the information, will look forward to seeing all the Danish Royals in the New Year. lynda

Danish Royal Cyphers

I noticed that the Queen, the Prince Consort, the Crown Princely Couple, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Prince Christian all have ciphers of their own. Why don't Joachim's sons and Isabella have ciphers as well?

Ciphers? Do you mean monograms?

Propably :) AFAIK Joachim received his own monogram when he turned 18, so I assume that Isabella, the twins, Felix, Nikolai and Henrik will receive theirs when turning 18, too :)

Monograms for the Children

Didn't know where to post this, so if you want to move it thats fine.

Anyway, I was looking at the Court website and noticed that Prince Christian is the only royal child to have a monogram. I was wondering why that is and when will the other children get theirs?

I think he's the only one having a mongram because he's the eldest child & eventually will be King once.

Christian has a monogram, released about six months after his birth, because he is the heir's heir, i.e. the future King. His siblings and cousins will no doubt receive theirs when they turn 18.

Joachim also got his monogram when he turned 18 while Frederik already received his earlier :)

Thanks guys. That was my thinking too. I just couldn't find a place where is says it.

I was looking at the website of the Danish Royals and noticed that only certain members of the family have monograms. Is there a reason for this?
Thanks,

I was looking at the website of the Danish Royals and noticed that only certain members of the family have monograms. Is there a reason for this?
Thanks,

maybe it's because of their position in the sucession line... but i think it's quite rare that the only one of the heir's kids that has a monogram is christian...

No that's not rare in the DRF :) Joachim only received his monogram when he turned 18, while Fred received his before his 18th Birthday :)

Yes, I think even before his first birthday, or in connection with his first birthday.

No that's not rare in the DRF :) Joachim only received his monogram when he turned 18, while Fred received his before his 18th Birthday :)

So Isabella, Vincent, Josephine, Felix and Henrik will have monograms but not until they are older??? I guess they wouldn't have much use for one until they are adults where as the heir to the throne might have more official duties in the lead up to his 18th. :flowers:

crisscross1 said:
So Isabella, Vincent, Josephine, Felix and Henrik will have monograms but not until they are older??? I guess they wouldn't have much use for one until they are adults where as the heir to the throne might have more official duties in the lead up to his 18th. :flowers:

Then why does prince Christian already have one.

Did Mary and Frederik receive their joint monogram after being married or was it created after a certain amount of time?

Attachments

• image-35271186.png
    image-35271186.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 811
Last edited by a moderator:
Because he's the heir to the throne. I believe for F&M's monogram it was released before the wedding, but only used after.
It was used for decorations at the Wedding. In Fredensborg there was a big torch on the street leading to the Castle and the they went with the carriage through it and on this torch was the mongram.

Back
Top Bottom