Signatures of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have the signatures of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco?

I was also looking for Charlenes signature....I googled for it but couldn´t find anything,but here´s a sketch from Armanis bride gown,it is so pretty! Charlene Wittstock Wedding Dress – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com
Here she is signing with the special wedding-pen - a nice picture where you can admire her long trail but it is not big enough to see her handwriting (By the way,what a fine product placement *lol*)NEWS The Sublim Mont Blanc Pen Used By Charlene For Signing Wedding Registers.
Somehow I am sure she´s got a nice handwriting :) I will post it if I can find her signature!

^^^^
Its actually their first name that they sign with.

Thanks for your contribution,fairy tale!
I especially like the signatures of Chris and Haakon,they show a lot of personality and look nice.

Funny,he writes exactly like my brother :)
In his driving license picture CP looks like a football player,very cool!

I am not particularly in love with his writing ( I also tease my brother because I often correct his academic papers and have difficulties to read them) but IMO Victoria & Daniel have very special and beautiful signatures.

I found this while doing some research. It is the signature of King Hussein of Jordan.

Signature_of_Hussein_I.JPG

The signatures of HM, Charles and Edward etched on a window:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8096/8378309108_84e29c118c_c.jpg

There are also a couple of other signatures which can be seen in the photo, but I can't work out whose they are.

The 2012 Christmas Card of the SRF features Felipe and Letizia's signatures- Leonor and Sofia have also signed their names at the bottom:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5160/2011felicitacionnavidad.jpg

Leonor has very good writing for her age IMO. When I was 7, I was just learning how to write "joined up". The way she writes her r's is very nice- I wish I could write mine like that!

Queen Maxima, King Willem-Alexander and Princess Beatrix's signatures:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Inauguration+King+Willem+Alexander+Queen+Beatrix+GHMRpLcF8rDl.jpg
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/_...9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD00MDA7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--

Last edited:
I noticed this photo from the Introductory Visit to Sweden thread that King Willem Alexander has started signing his name with the letter R at the end (scroll down the page in the link and click on picture for larger version).

APA-PictureDesk

Queen Elizabeth II of England's grandmother, Queen Mary signed her name as Mary R when she was the Queen Consort. However would she have signed as Victoria Mary or Mary when she was the Duchess of York and the Princess of Wales?:britflag:

Queen Elizabeth II of England's grandmother, Queen Mary signed her name as Mary R when she was the Queen Consort. However would she have signed as Victoria Mary or Mary when she was the Duchess of York and the Princess of Wales?:britflag:

It seems that she was still signing her name as Victoria Mary in 1910 as there exists a double photograph of her and her husband, who signed the photograph George P. I assume it was only when she became queen that she dropped the Victoria.

I've found a picture of the signatures of the royals who attended the burial of HRH Prince Sixte of Bourbon-Parma in the crypt of the Abbey of Saint-Pierre-et-Saint-Paul in Souvigny, on 19 March 1934:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q9ih76.jpg

From the top, you can see the signatures of:

Princess Hedwige of Bourbon-Parma (née de La Rochefoucauld, widow of Sixte)
Prince Xavier of Bourbon-Parma (brother of Sixte)
Duchess Antonia of Parma (née Infanta of Portugal, the mother of Sixte)
Empress Zita of Austria (sister of Sixte) ............... Archduke Otto of Austria (nephew of Sixte)
.....................................................................Princess Madeleine of Bourbon-Parma (née Bourbon-Busset, wife of Xavier)
Prince Félix of Luxembourg (brother of Sixte)..........Princess Isabelle of Bourbon-Parma (sister of Sixte)
.....................................................................Prince Louis of Bourbon-Parma (brother of Sixte)
Prince René of Bourbon-Parma (brother of Sixte).....Princess Margarethe of Bourbon-Parma (née Princess of Denmark, wife of René)
The Duke of Dodeauville (father-in-law of Sixte)
Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg (cousin and sister-in-law of Sixte)
Archduchess Adelheid of Austria (niece of Sixte)
Princess Margareta of Bourbon-Parma (née Princesss von Thurn und Taxis, sister-in-law of Sixte)
Prince Gaetan of Bourbon-Parma (brother of Sixte)

The Signature of Emperor Wilhelm (William) II of Germany

In Nicholas and Alexandra, Robert K. Massie wrote:

William was convinced of his own infallibility and signed his documents "The All Highest."

In rare situations the King of Spain does not sign with his own name but with 'Yo, El Rey'. The last King before Juan Carlos (Alfonso XIII) regularly used it, but Juan Carlos only very rarely. For some reason it has an august feel to me, a King signing with 'I, The King'...

I noticed this photo from the Introductory Visit to Sweden thread that King Willem Alexander has started signing his name with the letter R at the end (scroll down the page in the link and click on picture for larger version).

APA-PictureDesk

The King only does that outside the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Acts, Decrees and letters are always with Willem-Alexander only as anyone is supposed to know that it is no one else than the King himself who signed it. Also Queen Beatrix used the R of Regina only outside the kingdom.

The King only does that outside the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Acts, Decrees and letters are always with Willem-Alexander only as anyone is supposed to know that it is no one else than the King himself who signed it. Also Queen Beatrix used the R of Regina only outside the kingdom.

It was very interesting to learn that Willem-Alexander only signs the letter R after his name if he is outside of his kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom