Sheikh Mohammed's Goldolphin operation hit by doping scandal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, for example Clenbuterol is used under the name Ventipulmin in horses. They can live and train on it and just not administer a dose within 24 hours before competing.

Misleading quote. As far as I know, steroids are also allowed in training/therapy in the US & Australia. You just can't use them on race day. Europe is the only place where these substances are banned which is why the rest of the world has has met this scandal with a collective shrug.

AFAIK they are allowed in Australia and UAE only...but maybe they are also allowed in the US-I only know for certain they are allowed in the countries I mentioned before.

Here is some information regarding doping/testing from FEI:
LEGAL_ACTIVITIES - ANTI DOPING BASICS

An official "Prohibited List" can be found in the Download Centre section of the FEI-page, so that everyone can read what the proper regulations/laws expect from the horses and owner:)

The FEI has nothing to do with racing, it doesn't have any authority over it. Racing has no international governing body. Rules and regulations depend on individual countries, or like here in the US, individual states. They only regulate the Olympic disciplines such as Eventing, Show Jumping, Dressage and etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The FEI has nothing to do with racing, it doesn't have any authority over it. Racing has no international governing body. Rules and regulations depend on individual countries, or like here in the US, individual states. They only regulate the Olympic disciplines such as Eventing, Show Jumping, Dressage and etc.

:flowers: You hit the nail! :flowers: There are differnet rules in different countries without a international governing body. You have to know in which country a special rule is valid and where not.

Last edited:
:flowers: You hit the nail! :flowers: There are differnet rules in different countries without a international governing body. You have to know in which country a special rule is valid and where not.

It can be quite troublesome at times however. Especially here in the U.S. with horse racing. So many states with differing laws and regulations, sometimes it can be hard to keep straight. However, the U.S. is kind of an exception as all the states are part of one big country. It's probably easier to keep the rules straight overseas as opposed to here, because people here don't think about state lines as much because we're all one big country. So it's easy to forget, however, that shouldn't be used as an excuse of course. People really should read up on the rules if they are a professional trainer.

Well, Sheikh Mohammed´s horses have competed in the UK for many many years-he can hire every help and legal services available to sort out the complicated laws and rules of equestrianism....there is no excuse for this,whoever was responsible for this mess did do it with a clear mind and not by "accident".

Well, Sheikh Mohammed´s horses have competed in the UK for many many years-he can hire every help and legal services available to sort out the complicated laws and rules of equestrianism....there is no excuse for this,whoever was responsible for this mess did do it with a clear mind and not by "accident".

I agree. All involved knew or should have known what the laws are in the UK since that is where Goldolphin operates. It does not matter what is allowed in other countries.

I agree. All involved knew or should have known what the laws are in the UK since that is where Goldolphin operates. It does not matter what is allowed in other countries.

I repeat from my previous post.

"So it's easy to forget, however,[/B] that shouldn't be used as an excuse of course. People really should read up on the rules if they are a professional trainer"

Last edited by a moderator:
At least something good has come out of the whole story. I hope that all the other countries who still allow anabolic stereoids will follow the example of the UAE. This would not only make things less complicated for the people who train the horses but also it is good for the health & well-being of the horses too!

Al Zarooni looks like the scapegoat of the whole mess...The people care about the horses,the riders in Dubai even tasted a little bit of the nutrition given to the horses,I do not believe that Al Zarooni is the only person who knew about the anabolic stereoids.

Sheikh Mohammed's wife, Princess Haya, to conduct investigation into veterinary drugs found on Dubai jet
telegraph.co.uk

Princess Haya: the woman investigating the Stansted drugs seizure
theguardian.com

From the article above: "...there is plenty of evidence, though, that he should be made to answer a few questions about it. If he is affronted by this fact, he is not the friend of British racing that we are led to believe."

The first step of Sheikh Mohammed have to be to find out who is behind all the things that going on right there. Only then he can give answers. His avoiding of any comments at the moment is therefore logical and wise
as long as he does not have sufficient informations. His reaction is definitely not a sign of anything.

Apart from this, the press release is a debacle of examples and comparisons which devoid meanings in the current case...
a little bit trashy.

Last edited:
New drugs blow for Sheik Mohammed after equipment seized in Newmarket raid | Mail Online

Sheik Mohammed was embroiled in another drugs controversy after 124 unauthorised veterinary products were seized at Moorley Farm East in Newmarket. :whistling::whistling:

We don't know who to hold responsible for such an issue.
Now I have to admit I hardly believe Sheikh Mohammed wasn't aware of what is going on..... Which makes me sad to say, because if such information is disclosed it will for sure affect directly or indirectly Sheikh Mohammed's public image.

We don't know who is behind all this .For this reason, it is better to abstain from making judgements that are too hasty.

Fairplay and honesty give mean and value to the Victory and the lurking temptation to cheat is sooner or later sanctioned. I remember reading that , few years ago, Sheikh Hamdan's Horse has failed a doping case and was banned from racing for few months...

However more evidence may also be collected to help shed more light on the whole issue.

I hope the Authorities response assists in clarifying this matter.

Last edited:
Law for doping-free horse racing will be discussed in UAE

The Ministry of Environment will debate a bill meant to ensure doping-free horse racing and promote health, fairness and equality for them in the UAE. The draft law aims at ensuring a harmonised and effective anti-doping programme is set up at the national level with regard to detection, deterrence and prevention of doping in UAE races. The draft law envisages protecting and promoting the horse racing industry and ensuring international sport ethics and standards are met. The law bans all drugs, unless they are licensed for use by the Ministry of Environment and Water or the authorities concerned to treat specific medical conditions such as anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxants.

Authorities may also ban offenders from taking part in horse racing for three years, closing the offending sports facility for not more than three years or cancelling the licence of the offending facilities.

GulfNews

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom