Sheikh Maktoum bin Hasher Al Maktoum (1977- )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we all don't know, IMO he's attending meetings and stuff, now he's got a more important position:)
Did I miss something? What & when did he get a position? I remember the last thing he was running his fathers business

I think he is the CEO of Al Fajer and DIHC.. That's all..

Sheikh MAKTOUM Appointed As President Of Al Fajer Properties
...Sheikh Maktoum bin Hasher Al Maktoum, founder of A1 Grand Prix, Chairman of Dubai International Holding Company (DIHC) and CEO of Al Fajer Group (AFG) has been given a new appointment as President of Al Fajer Properties (AFP), one of the leading property developers in the UAE.... - Article

wats the latest update on his status?

is he still single and looking? ;p

Perhaps so interesting and strong man will not be alone soon. Life time is go ahead and in one day he will have a happy family. Wish him all the best.

Hi there, Royal Forum'ers'

~Just wondering, does any one know what Sheikh Hasher Al Maktoum's been doing lately, haven't heard much about him, all has gone quiet during recent months?~

Don't know much but what I've read, he's keeping busy by working and driving test cars for formula one. Oh, I also read that he raced some go-carts in Dubia recently.

I'm sure he's keeping himself busy no matter what he's doing. He does look like he could be a lot of fun to hang around with. He speaks perfect English too.

Does anyone have info about his siblings? I heard his youngest sister is in the horse-racing business..

Well, congrats to him in his endevors. That is great. I love that Dubai has a Grand Prix racing thing going on. Thats awesome.

http://www.zawya.com/Story.cfm/sidANA20090408T103513ZTEH45/Dubai%20Court%20Postpones%20$1.9Bn%20Case%20Against%20Sheikhs
Anyone know anything about this? </p>Thanks,</p>Dubai court postpones 1.9-bln-dlr case against sheikhs </p> DUBAI, Apr 08, 2009 (AFP) - A Dubai court postponed on Wednesday a 1.9 billion dollar lawsuit by an Iranian against members of the ruling family over an allegedly lost property investment to give the defence time to prepare.</p>Lawyer Hussein al-Jaziri asked for a "long period of time to respond to the case," but the judge set May 4 as the date for the next hearing.</p>No one represented the defence during the first hearing, on March 11.</p>Iranian Shahram Abdullah Zadeh claims he invested the 1.9 billion dollars as the sole capital of a company, Al-Fajer PropertiesAl-Fajer Properties. Under United Arab Emirates law, only UAE and Gulf citizens may register property firms, and ruling family member Sheikh Hasher Maktoum bin Jumaa al-Maktoum is listed as the owner.</p>"I was the sole investor. Al-Fajer PropertiesAl-Fajer Properties is my company. Sheikh Hasher's only contribution has been the real estate licence as a sponsor," he said in March.</p>Zadeh, who was sacked as company president last year, is demanding the "recovery of all material assets of Al-Fajer PropertiesAl-Fajer Properties," according to legal documents obtained by AFP.</p>These include liquid assets and property, which are estimated at seven billion dirhams (1.9 billion dollars), and nine percent interest since the suit was filed.</p>"We have enough documents to prove he was the sole investor," Zadeh's lawyer Salem al-Shaali told AFP after the first hearing.</p>Sheikh Hasher is a brother-in-law of Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum. Also named in the suit are his daughter, Sheikha Maryam, a partner in the company, and son Sheikh Maktoum, who was made president of Al-Fajer after Zadeh was sacked.</p>Their names were only made public on Wednesday.</p>Zadeh said he was detained by Dubai police at the time he was dismissed last year and held without charge for 60 days, and that his passport was confiscated and is still being held without explanation.</p>The case comes as several executives from high-profile Dubai firms are held on suspicion of embezzlement and as the once-booming regional business and tourism hub struggles to stave off the impact of the global economic slowdown.</p>ak/al</p>© Copyright AFP 2009.

Last edited:
oh, Lord. are the maktoums not having the worst year possible? it is like the hits keep coming. maktoum bin hasher was my last hope. i thought he was the one that would make a "positive" mark on dubai. i think mo's boys are a lost cause. they are too monitored, and they lack the education and experience needed to make good decisions for dubai.

The Maktoum are very crafty and they like money this kind of things happens in Dubai a lot infact all over the UAE

Dubai Court - Al Fajer Properties Case opened on Wednesday - lawsuit also targets Sheikh Hasher Maktoum`s daughter as a partner of the firm and the son, Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Juma Maktoum « 7starsdubai’s Weblog

Please view this link for all the comments and update for Hasher. Hasher is a very poor Al Maktoum who lives in a 40 year old villa, not even a palace. His only surviving is because he is Sheikh Mohammed brother in law

Last edited by a moderator:
Please view this link for all the comments and update for Hasher. Hasher is a very poor Al Maktoum who lives in a 40 year old villa, not even a palace. His only surviving is because he is Sheikh Mohammed brother in law[/quote]

But his son, Maktoum bin Hasher, is doing great. Right? They fired the other guy (India guy) because he was embezzeling. Maktoum took over and straightened them out and now this India guy is suing to get his original investment back. Is that how everyone else reads it?

I think this is how the story starts - it was alredy mentioned before:

Iranian conned by Dubai ruling family

Maktoum bin Hasher got his new position because of this affair - it doesn't make a good impression to me.
I haven't read about a proof that the Iranian guy did something wrong.

Can anyone tells me somethnig about Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum al Maktoum? the one who works with Grand Prix......??

Post up there(my post) was actually my first post to this site! i didnt really read all those things that was written... :-(
Now i know a lot more about this man, and i have to say, that i admire him very much! He's my favorite Al- Maktoum! :)
About the story, i realise that too, and i agree that Indian man didn't do anything wrong, but i couldn't find end of the story? How it ends? What happend at last?

We are still waiting for the courts to hear the case. It's not over yet. What I can make sense of it is the Iranian man, embezzled a lot from the company and that's why they fired him and replaced him with Shk Mak. Whatever the reason, I sure hope they get things right. I also like Shk Mak. He seems like he has his head on straight unlike some of his cousins.

I do think that too! He's just person worth admiring! :)
hmmm, i think that they might done sometnig wrond and bad, and they might been trying to cover it up...who knows... court will decide anyway...

Dubai property scandal claim emerges amid media blackout

Fake picture allegations and a member of the ruling family linked to a £428 million Dubai property row that has touched nerves across the city...

.... The firm is part of the Al Fajer Group, ran by company president Sheikh Maktoum bin Hasher Al Maktoum, brother-in-law to the supreme ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum....

Dubai property scandal claim emerges amid media blackout - Middle East, World - The Independent

I wonder if this has anything to do with why they fired the Indian man. I sure hope that Shk Mak doesn't have anything to do with this and is trying to fix it. It really doesn't look good for them.

there are so many scandals and rumors around him and his familly latelly.
Is he married? I read somewhere that hes single? And, what is his realishion with sheikh mo.?

the last i heard sheikh mak is not married. sheikh mo bin rashid is his uncle.

Back
Top Bottom