Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 8: February-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
It does show how immature Beatrice is to be dating these 'older' guys. The very act of showing this 'man' around her fathers room etc, says that she is not ready for adult relationships such as her mother seems to be encouraging.

Well, I think this is where the parent should step in to determine if her child is ready for dating and for dating an "older" man. Beatrice probably isn't emotionally ready for adult relationships and shame on her mother for encouraging it (again, I'm thinking of the alleged kiss incident).

yvr girl said:
One of my best friends just remodeled her house, and when I went to visit - I received the grand tour. I did see their new master suite, but she certainly didn't open drawers and show me her husbands 'secrets.'
I think it's a little different when the owner/adult of the house shows you around, to if the children do it. Even parents are entitled to some privacy! :ROFLMAO:

Wasn't Beatrice joining that fateful holiday where the toe-suckling incident happened? Slowly I wonder what kind of story Sarah might have told her daughters about the divorce and why that happened. And what the girls make out of it. I hope that, even though they seem to love their mother, they take no orientation from the way their parents are said to conduct their love life.

Duchess of York joins forces with Scorsese for new flick

He's an Oscar-winning film director, famed for his hard-hitting productions featuring ruthless gangsters and violent mafia bosses. She's a mum of two and the former wife of a prince. Yet despite inhabiting radically different milieu, Martin Scorsese and Sarah Ferguson are to team up to produce a film together.
On the movie, which is entitled The Young Victoria and tells of the early life of the iconic British monarch, Fergie will join Martin and his The Departed producer Graham King in the role of co-producer.

Picture:
Sarah and Martin at the premiere of the Aviator
Emily Blunt is set to play the young Queen Victoria

Oh dear, we have Sarah 'baring all' on channel 4 in a programme called 'shrink wrap' in the very near future.

Does anyone know a place where you can find the video of Sarahs bit on Shrink Rap?

No idea if they will release it on DVD. I watched 30 minutes of the 'obviously' scripted (to me) 'interview'.

Sarah assured us all that she was a 'good mother', a 'devoted mother' who loves Beatrice and Eugenie to bits, that she told Beatrice 'you are beautiful' etc, etc. That she wouldn't say a word against daddy, but put all the blame for her body image and lack of confidence on her mother.

As I say, to me it was scripted and over rehearsed, just another Sarah me, me, me interview. :wacko:

People today (not only Royals) should be more jealous of their privacy...I do not know if speaking about absolutely ALL we feel and does is actually good. Being so outspoken and not having respect for one self could be dangerous. This civilization lives in a perpetual show, a kind of "Big Brother" where everybody is able to know everything about everybody, as if a camera of video will film all our lifes and put them in display for the great public to see...

But the more odd of all this, is that the public personnalities that speaks so frankly about the most intmate things in their lifes, are the same that when they are in other mood, gets angry at the moment they see a camera when they goes out to walk for they wants "some privacy, after all".

We are an hysterical society, indeed...

Sarah Fergusson was funny for me until some time ago...But these last year, I see a face of her that I don't like very much.She seems to be seeking publicity. She even came to Argentina to speak about herself in a TV Channel. I do not know if she knows how to educate a girl or not, but I know that example is always good for children. If her daughters sees her trying to get permanently the medias attention, they should want to do the same.

Vanesa.

Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson buys Wall Street pad:

"Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson had better watch out - she is becoming neighbours with phone-throwing supermodel Naomi Campbell. Fergie is paying $2.95 million for a large two-bedroom, 2 1/2-bath pied-a-terre on New Yorks famed Wall Street that is just a floor below Campbells place. It is also close to Giuseppe Cipriani, the restaurateur she has been linked with romantically. New York property insider Braden Keil said: "Shell be treated like royalty in a building that includes a full-time concierge, a private club, a fitness club and spa, Cipriani restaurant room service and the use of a private screening room.". .Picture by: Winslow/Prahl . Ref: WJNY BPNY KAFNY GWNY SPF 290307 K . . Splash News and Pictures .Los Angeles .New York .London"
--> small pic of the building

Skydragon said:
Oh dear, we have Sarah 'baring all' on channel 4 in a programme called 'shrink wrap' in the very near future.

although i have no problem (and does the world really care whether i do or not) with sarah doing t.v., could she not pick things that are more tasteful???

Here are some other news about Sarah I found a minute ago, the Daily Mail has an article about "Fergie’s new career
as a Vogue model", there has been a photoshoot in the Big Apple for Italian Vogue.

Click here for some pics and the article! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a little presumptuous of Vogue to call Sarah "iconic."

Although I like her (cautiously), she's not in the league of Jacqueline Onassis, Audrey Hepburn, or Diana. Or even the Duchess of Windsor.

I do like Sarah a lot, but I'm surprised about the Vogue thing. Especially calling her "iconic". She sure wasn't iconic 15-20 years ago! But she has grown up and matured a lot since then.

acdc1 said:
I do like Sarah a lot, but I'm surprised about the Vogue thing. Especially calling her "iconic". She sure wasn't iconic 15-20 years ago! But she has grown up and matured a lot since then.
With her inappropriate necklines, too short for her age hemlines and the company she appears to keep, I hope nobody sees her as iconic even now! :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and British broadcaster Sir David Frost arrive for the opening of the Broadway play 'Frost/Nixon' in New York, Sunday, April 22, 2007. ----> Picture

David Frost surely isn't wearing lipstick, is he? I do hope that's just a trick of the light.

Elspeth said:
David Frost surely isn't wearing lipstick, is he? I do hope that's just a trick of the light.
I don't think so, he has always been 'sloppy' mouthed! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks a lot for posting the pics, Avalon, the only thing I'm still a bit confused about is: What exactly did she do there???!! ;) :)

And Skydragon, it was worth a try :) but I have to say as well that her outfit wasn't that perfect, well, that golden coat was spunky ;) but together with her hairdo it all went a bit wrong ;)

Skydragon said:
With her inappropriate necklines, too short for her age hemlines and the company she appears to keep, I hope nobody sees her as iconic even now! :ohmy:

while i like sarah, i have to agree here. "iconic" is a term that being thrown around as much as "hero".

Skydragon said:
I was trying to find something nice to say but, this outfit is blooming awful, IMO.

All I can say is there are about 6 women on the planet who look good in those long sweater coat things, and Sarah isnt one of them. My sister, who is an absolute stick, has one of those and she looks like a lumpy carpet in it!

Skydragon said:
I was trying to find something nice to say but, this outfit is blooming awful, IMO.

It's almost reminiscent of King Henry VIII's robe as he stands for his official portrait.:neutral:

Who are we to criticize the fashion choices of an icon? (LOL)

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, and a miniature horse appear with NBC 'Today' television show co-host Meredith Vieira, left, in New York, Tuesday May 1, 2007 during a segment about Hearts & Hooves. The non-profit organization provides healing and inspiration through meaningful encounters between humans and animals.

Pictures:
Sarah Ferguson
Sarah and Meredith Vieira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom