Royalty of Malaysia 2: November 2006 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay than. That's great... I'm looking forrward to the coronation...

Stolen Regalias....

heard that regalia's belonging to the sultanate of terrenganu ( the current Agung) is stolen.... any news abt it?

mhcampboy said:
heard that regalia's belonging to the sultanate of terrenganu ( the current Agung) is stolen.... any news abt it?

It wasn't actually regalia, but artefacts from the Museum of Terengganu said to be displayed at Istana Melawati the retreat residence of the Yang DiPertuan Agong. The Royal Regalia of Terengganu will always stay in the state of Terengganu, they will be carried nowhere as they are only used for the ceremonies involving the Sultan of Terengganu in his realm.

The current Sultan of Terengganu is now the King of Malaysia. And there are regalias for the King of Malaysia, distinct from the states' ones.

zfaz010 said:
On Wednesday 13 th December is oath ceremony only,
For coronation ceremony is actually on June 2007 if I not mistaken,

Does anyone know when is actually the Installation Ceremony for the current Yang DiPertuan Agong Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin? Is it really on June this year? I'm quite busy recently and probably miss any news on this.

June is annually the month for the official birthday celebration of the King of Malaysia which falls on first week of Saturday every year, therefore I think it would be a hectic month for the palace and the government should the Installation take place in June.

# As King of Malaysia does not wear crown or to be crowned, it is usually called Installation Ceremony (in Malay language 'Istiadat Pertabalan') and not Coronation- only certain Sultans in Malaysia have their Coronation Ceremonies in their respective states such as Selangor, Terengganu, Kelantan and probably Johor.

The Installation of Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin as the 13th Yang DiPertuan Agong of Malaysia will take place on Thursday 26 April 2007 at Istana Negara.

King Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin delivers his royal address, as Queen Nur Zahirah listens, during the opening of the parliament sitting in Kuala Lumpur March 19, 2007

Yahoo! News Photo

King and Queen receives Federal Orders

Last Thursday 5 April 2007, His Majesty Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin and Her Majesty Sultanah Nur Zahirah received the The Most Exalted Order of the Royal Family of Malaysia and The Most Exalted Order of The Crown of The Realm- the highest Orders of Malaysia, marking the first step to their Installation Ceremony as King and Queen of Malaysia.

http://fotoweb.bernama.com/fotoweb/...folderid=5093&search=&sorting=modifytime_desc

To know about the Orders
Yang di-Pertuan Agong

Last edited:
Is that true that the coronation will be held on april 26????

banda_windsor said:
Is that true that the coronation will be held on april 26????

Yes, the Installation Ceremony will be held this Thursday 26 April 2007.

The banners of the new portrait of the Royal Couple are just everywhere here in Kuala Lumpur. If you could just take a moment to browse the Fotoweb section of Bernama News Agency you will find some pictures of the preparation, the workers painting the wall of the Palace Gate.

Since last week I have seen the workers setting up yellow tent in front of the Palace.

The mood of that splendour will start tonight with TV3 airing an exclusive documentary on Sultan Mizan and Sultanah Nur Zahirah at 9pm.

Last edited:
Two weeks ago, before sunset I went to Istana Negara (The National Palace) in Kuala Lumpur to see the preparations for the Installation but nothing much to see in the garden.

These are few pictures of Istana Negara that I took. This is where the ceremony will take place.

S6300022.jpg

S6300021.jpg

S6300020.jpg

S6300016.jpg

S6300015.jpg

On Sunday (22 April 2007) there was a rehearsal for the Installation Ceremony. I captured these pictures. They said the King and Queen will be arriving at the Istana Negara (National Palace) at 8am sharp.

First, Changing of the Guard.
S6300034.jpg

S6300035.jpg

S6300038.jpg

Tents were set up at the garden of the Palace, probably for the lunch after the ceremony.
S6300037.jpg

S6300041.jpg

New portrait of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and Raja Permaisuri Agong on the flyer. They have already put up banners and flyers around Kuala Lumpur and this one right in front of the Palace. According to the news, all government and corporate buildings ought to fly Malaysian flag during the Installation day. Yellow banners written with the phrase 'Daulat Tuanku' (Long live the King) are also everywhere in the capital.

S6300042.jpg

In this portrait, Sultan Mizan and Sultanah Nur Zahirah wear the Official Ceremonial Dresses for the King and Queen of Malaysia.

Last edited:
Ephram,those are very nice photos you have taken.I can guess that you had to get special permission to enter the Palace grounds.The photo showing the lawn with the steps coming down reminds me of the grounds of Government House,here in Wellington.Government House is a very special place,as that is where the Governor-General of New Zealand lives.

Aidan.

Hi Aidan,

Actually the area from which I took the photos is still considered for public access. You are right, the lawn resembles the Government House in New Zealand as well as in Australia.

Istana Negara was once owned by a bussinessman and later bought by Sultan of Selangor and upon Independence in 1957 the Federal Government bought to make it the Official Residence for King of Malaysia. It was used as the venue for Installation only since the 7th Yang DiPertuan Agong (the present Sultan of Pahang) in 1979.

There'll be a new bigger Palace to replace this one. But to me this one has left a lot of fond memories to Malaysians for almost two centuries.

Terengganu Nobat Group shall be the official Nobat group to accompany the event this time. Just so you know, Nobat is a Special band of Royal Traditional Music which is played exclusively during certain Royal ceremonial events- not like another music. The sound is really haunting and special and I really can't wait to hear it again. It is very rarely heard by the commoners.
It's Down Memory Lane For Nobat Group At King's Installation :: Bernama.com

As the occassion is getting near, the traffic must also be meticulously arranged.
Closure Of Roads For King's Installation :: Bernama.com

Thanks for the marvellous photos, Ephram.
I am looking forward to the ceremony.

Yes, thank you Ephram for sharing your photos and for giving us a look at the grounds of the National Palace. :flowers:

Thank you for the pictures Ephram. Does this mean we can look forward to some equally wonderful photos from you this Thursday?:D

Humera said:
Thank you for the pictures Ephram. Does this mean we can look forward to some equally wonderful photos from you this Thursday?:D

I cannot promise but I am seriously planning to go to the Palace Gate after the ceremony on TV ends, I bet they'll have a big lunch at the tents up there afterwhich and I could take some pictures of the guests including the Royal ones under the yellow tents. And the most important is the departure of the Royal Couple, if I could manage to capture their images.

But this depends on the accessibility to the area on that particular day. Perhaps if I could manage to befriended with one of those Royal Guards on that day, I would be standing there without being chased out!:rolleyes:

# For those who are interested to watch the ceremony live on internet, kindly log in to this website, they'll have live streaming but must register first. The ceremony shall begin at 9am Malaysian time:

Welcome To Radio Televisyen Malaysia Website .: www.rtm.net.my :.

Last edited:
Completely off topic, but since Ephram has been such a valuable contributor to this thread, it's timely to wish him a very happy birthday for tomorrow (25th), which is Anzac Day in Australia and also commemorated at the Australian and New Zealand war memorials in Malaysia and Singapore.

Happy birthday Ephram!
btw...do you know if the Brunei royals will be attending the installation ceremony? Are foreign royals generally present at this event?
I think we can expect the Sultan of Brunei to thrown the new Malaysian reigning couple one of their first foreign receptions.

I would like to thank you both Warren and Humera for the kind wishes. I never imagine that people especially in this noblest Forums would remember my birthday. I actually almost forget that today is my birthday because the only date I remember this year is tomorrow 26 APRIL 2007 The Installation Day. Yes, Warren I'm sharing my thoughts to the fallen warriors on Anzac Day with you too and I still remember the occassion where the Prince of Wales attended the very early morning commemoration in Gallipolli in 2005.

I am also grateful that all of you have established this Forums making it a great success.

Last edited:
Humera said:
Happy birthday Ephram!
btw...do you know if the Brunei royals will be attending the installation ceremony? Are foreign royals generally present at this event?
I think we can expect the Sultan of Brunei to thrown the new Malaysian reigning couple one of their first foreign receptions.

Good question, Humera. I was about to post this yesterday. Unlike the great Royal events in Europe, the media usually release a guestlist or at least the possible one, however it is not the case in Malaysia. We are still puzzling on who will attend tomorrow. But as I browse through Fotoweb at Bernama Agency, I found several captions indicating that the Sultan and his Consort/s will be attending the ceremony tomorrow.

If the Sultan of Brunei and his Consort were to attend, this would be the first time Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah attends this ceremony. In the previous years, Brunei only sent the Crown Prince as representative. As for the other Heads of State, I don't know who exactly. We'll see who's coming tomorrow.

Here's the caption from Bernama (in Malay language):

KUALA LUMPUR, 24 April -- Anggota Rejimen Askar Melayu Diraja mengadakan perbarisan kawalan tabik hormat semasa raptai penuh sempena Istiadat Pertabalan Yang di-Pertuan Agong ke 13 Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin di Istana negara di sini, hari ini.

Selain dihadiri semua Raja-raja Melayu negara ini, istiadat itu pada Khamis ini bakal menyaksikan kehadiran Sultan dan Sultanah Brunei serta ketua-ketua negara asing......

--fotoBERNAMA HAKCIPTA TERPELIHARA

The sentence in Italic and Bold can be briefly translated:

Besides the Malay Rulers, the Thursday's Ceremony will be attended by Sultan and Sultanah (actually not Sultanah but Raja Isteri and) of Brunei as well as other Foreign Heads of State.

Last edited:
Possible guestlist

1. Perlis:

Raja Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Ibni Almarhum Tuanku Syed Putra Jamalullail.
Raja Perempuan Tuanku Fauziah Binti Tengku Abdul Rashid.

2. Kedah:

Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah.
Sultanah Haminah.

3. Perak:

Sultan Azlan Muhibbudin Shah
Raja Permaisuri Tuanku Bainon

4. Selangor:

Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah.

5. Negeri Sembilan:

Yang diPertuan Besar Tuanku Jaafar.
Tuanku Ampuan Najihah.

6. Johor:

Tunku Mahkota Tunku Ibrahim Ismail.
Raja Zarith Sofiah.

7. Pahang:

Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah.
Sultanah Kalsom.

8. Terengganu:

Pemangku Sultan Tengku Muhammad Ismail.

Tengku Panglima Seri Raja Tengku Baderulzaman.
(The Head of Regency Council).

9. Kelantan:

Sultan Ismail Petra.
Raja Perempuan Tengku Anis.

Brunei:

Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah.
Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Saleha.

I can't wait to see the pic. Do you think you can tape the coronation video and uploadid to you tube Ephram?

Do you think the BBC or CNN will have the live show on the coronation?

Malaysia's new king Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin (C) salutes after his proclamation as the country's 13th king at the National Palace in Kuala Lumpur April 26, 2007. Flanking the king are Malaysia's Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi (L) and Queen Nur Zahirah. Malaysia proclaimed the new king, its second-youngest ever, in a glittering ceremony on Thursday, ushering in a new generation of devout Muslim royals.

Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo

Last edited:
Malaysia's new king takes office

BBC news story
"Malaysia has enthroned its 13th king at the national palace in Kuala Lumpur, in a ceremony steeped in Malay tradition."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom