Royals in 'Vanity Fair', 'Vogue', 'Tatler' etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone has pictures of Grace Kelly, Princess Caroline of Monaco and Princess Diana in the Harper's Bazar?
Can't post pix of Point de Vue and Hello/Hola?

I
That's the one that I have. It was a remarkable issue.:flowers:
I realized looking back, that the issue was released in the summer of 2003, just months before Frederick's and Felipe's engagements. How different the information and portraits would be if Vanity Fair had released (or even interviewed/photographed) these royals later.

I hope Vogue and Vanity Fair would re-consider an issue of the future sovereigns and their CPss as well as other royals. It would open other people's eyes about other royalties not just the British royals. I especially love the pictures of Carl-Philip and Madeleine, Victoria, and WA & MAxima. Too bad F&L and F&M didn't made the issue. I hope I can still buy that cover of VF. Their pictures are very regal!!!

MARY DE DINAMARCA: 'ECHO MUCHO DE MENOS A MI MADRE. INTENTO CREER QUE ELLA ESTÁ CON NOSOTROS'

i'm not sure if this was posted, but according to hola magazine, mary gave an interview to australian magazine women's weekly. in it, she mentions how she still considers herself an 'aussie' and talks about her mother and how she still misses her and would have liked to spend more time with her.

she also mentioned a funny anecdote during one of her last trips to australia, when their luggage was lost and she went to a shop closeby and bought shorts, t-shirts and flip flops for everyone.

she mentions she talks about her mum with her kids and that her mum influenced her way of raising up her children.

Town and Country magazine

Has anyone read Town and Country magazine ? I saw a couple of articles from the 1980's about it and it sounded very intersting

I've been a long time subscriber to Town & Country Magazine. It's my aspirational reading even though I'm far younger and poorer than their target demographic!:lol: They'll occassionally have an article related to royalty - the last one that comes to mind was about Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia's jewelry design business. There was also one years ago about one of the obscure Greek princesses. Sometimes a royal will pop up on the charity party picture pages too.

Catherine Middleton in Tatler (Feb 2011 issue)

In what is probably the first instance of Catherine Middleton iconography, Miss M has made the cover of the February 2011 edition of Tatler.
In a "Special collectors' issue" she is presented in Warhol-style...

Tatler - February 2011
link now expired so here's a thumbnail:

Attachments

• Catherine Middleton Tatler cover Jan2011.jpg
    Catherine Middleton Tatler cover Jan2011.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
Has anyone read the Vanity Fair article on Queen Elizabeth and Philip? I read some of it and it is very interesting! It's about their love story.

(Lady Gaga is on the cover if you don't know which issue)

Has anyone read the Vanity Fair article on Queen Elizabeth and Philip? I read some of it and it is very interesting! It's about their love story.

(Lady Gaga is on the cover if you don't know which issue)
could you please write what it siays?

:previous:
-> Go to the Vanity Fair website: vanityfair.com - http://www.vanityfair.com/
-> In the Search box type Elizabeth & Philip

A string of articles will appear.

Prince Harry and the Grimaldi family feature in November's edition of Tatler.

news.com.au

'Dirty Harry' is Tatler magazine's Man of the Year

"The brooding prince graces the November cover of the British magazine decked out in his finest military gear, with the mag touting the eligible bachelor their 'Man of the Year'.

The piercing blue eyes of the third in line to the throne appear to have been doctored to make them as turquoise as his Army Air Corps beret.
This is the first time in two decades a man has fronted the famous magazine. The last being his father, Prince Charles, back in 1992."

[According to Tatler, a survey reported that 59% of respondents had a higher opinion of Prince Harry after the recent Las Vegas incident.]

v 'Dirty Harry'
Thumbnail size when expanded: large (c570px x c770px)
The picture was taken earlier this year, during Harry's Diamond Jubilee visit to the Bahamas.

Attachments

• Harry - 'Tatler' Nov 2012.jpg
    Harry - 'Tatler' Nov 2012.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 368
Vanity Fair's November issue also has a lengthy article on the Earl of Durham, which mentions his ongoing feud with his sisters over their father's fortune!

And to think, some people insist there'll be no problems if the law of primogeniture is changed!

(Sorry for the digression, but I thought this was interesting as a bad example.)

Thanks for the photo!
Prince Henry looked quite dashing. The headline should be viewed as an exercise in witty eloquence.

This link provided by Tsar bobo Iv a couple of posts up is well worth having a look at and for bookmarking/adding to favourites/saving:

link: Vanity Fair: Portraits of Royalty slide show

The slide show contains a 56 page pictorial gallery consisting of...
Diana covers and photos (10)
The Duke of York
Queen Rania
Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia
37 pictures from the 2003 "Young & Royal" Special Collector's Edition (being 52 pages from that issue)
Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis
Elizabeth II - Portrait in Majesty
Queen Rania (and Bono)
William & Catherine

v two thumbnails
1. The Duke of Bragança & Children
2. Crown Prince Pavlos & Marie Chantal

Thumbnails shown for illustrative purposes only and relevant to the appearance, content, sizing and reproduction quality of the "Young & Royal" images appearing in the slide-show.

Attachments

• The Duke of Bragança & Children.jpg
    The Duke of Bragança & Children.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,688
  • Pavlos & Marie Chantal.jpg
    Pavlos & Marie Chantal.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,426
news.com.au

v 'Dirty Harry'
The picture was taken earlier this year, during Harry's Diamond Jubilee visit to the Bahamas.

Let me tell you, I am an old lady and each time I have seen this cover photo - my toes curl and my heart rate picks up. Harry looks yummy in this pic! :blush::brows:

Let me tell you, I am an old lady and each time I have seen this cover photo - my toes curl and my heart rate picks up. Harry looks yummy in this pic! :blush::brows:

Oh I totally agree. I should wear a medical alert bracelet stating "In case of heart attack, forget the paddles. Just flash Vanity Fair's cover photo of Harry at me." :ROFLMAO:

news.com.au

v 'Dirty Harry'
Oh my, be still my fluttering heart . . . (or is that stents please stop quivering?), Harry is surely the best poster boy for the British Armed Forces that they could ever get.

March Tatler

Charles and Camilla ..

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-02-02 at 01.12.56.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-02-02 at 01.12.56.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 507
  • Screen shot 2013-02-02 at 01.13.00.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-02-02 at 01.13.00.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 460
  • Screen shot 2013-02-02 at 01.13.13.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-02-02 at 01.13.13.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 439
Looks like it will be a good article. I would love to be able to read it. The links are very small.

I still have the copy of Vogue. It was very interesting reading as I had no idea that there were so many different royal households. Interesting to look back at the photos and then see the individuals in the photos today.

Princess Maxima Vanity Fair

Princess Maxima of Netherlands in Vanity Fair Spain May 2013 :flowers:

Attachments

• 1366660329_vanity-fair-spain-mayo-2013-1.jpg
    1366660329_vanity-fair-spain-mayo-2013-1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 505
Back
Top Bottom