Royal Wedding Cakes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both Caroline's wedding cakes looked awful - can't say anything about their taste.;) Victoria's was beautiful, though too tall for my taste. And somehow I feel it was delicious too.:)

Vicky looked smashing on her wedding day. Daniel looked at her with adoration. Wedding cake was grand

Wedding cakes appear to be Darwinian --- much evolvement over the years. My favorite is that of Fergie and Andrew. It is at the edge of the new style, nostalgic and beautiful, but not resembling any other kind of structure. However, I do much admire the skill of the more modern cake artists. The more plain the cake, the more talent the icing artiste will need. CPV and PD's cake was very appropriate, monitoring the style of her gown, plus the fact that another "frill" in that room would have rendered it invisible. As it was, so different from the room's decoration, the cake could be seen for it's lack of frou-frou. Good choice. I luv that girl!!!

I would love to make the cake for William and Kate. I'd do it for free it would be such an honour. Do you think they'd ever go for anything as contemporary as chocolate though? Most of me thinks no way, but a spark of hope says the couple are modern enough to make such a brave move and break with tradition. Don't want to spam this genuine post with a link, but if you're interested you can see some of my work if you search for Lick the Spoon UK.Would like to hear other opinions on the potential style of their cake...what do you think?

How come google has added a load of ads to the end of my post?:ermm:

If Sophie and Edwards cake was chocolate then that's my favorite cake.

The Royal wedding cake for Prince Charles and Lady Diana also contained Pusser's Rum.
http://www.pussers.com/images/royal%20wedding%20cake800.jpg

I live in mid size city in America. Grand Rapids, MI we were honored to have Diana, a Celebration and the Grand Plaza hotel (a four star hotel) displayed a replica cake from Lady Diana and Prince Charles wedding. Also a few of the restaurants in the hotel served replica cake. The frosted fruitcake was tastily. I love fruitcake. The exhibit of Princess Diana's wedding gown was poignant , because Prince William and Catherine announced their engagement.

I think it Diana's dress was beautiful. It look so beautiful on her. In my opinion Diana looked at two royal women before her- Princess Margret and Princess Ann and then did her own flair in the same basic look of the other princess-Medieval.

A can not wait to see Catherine's wedding dress.:):):):):);)

Last edited:
Some Royal Wedding Cakes

Blog da Hildegard Angel » Água na boca: os monumentais bolos dos casamentos reais

Royal Wedding Cakes (scroll down the page)
1) One of the several Charles and Diana's wedding cakes um dos mais de vinte bolos do casamento de príncipe Charles e princesa Diana, na década de 80. Baked by David Avery and it took him 14 weeks to prepare.
2) Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip's.
3) King Geoge VI and Queen Mother's.
4) Princess Victoria and Daniel's.
5) Prince Rainier III and Grace Kelly's
6) King Abdullah and Queen Rania's.
7) Prince Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's.
8) Duke of Kent and Princess Marina's.

Here is a picture of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's cake:

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e88287154970d-450wi

I love the style, and how the various layers work together. (Not sure how it would taste - wish I knew the recipe).

William and Princess Catherine seems prepared for the wonderful cake. I am sure tastes delicious. Very labor by giving a prepared cake.

Princess William ;)
Te cake did look very yummy, even knowing it's fruitcake.

It's a fruit cake? I would have never guessed that it was by looking at it. There are twelve different cakes. This is what I counted? Am I correct on this? Would be interesting to know what the significance is if it 12 cakes.

Great cake I must say. Decorating details and colors are very pleasing.

I thought William & Kate, Grace & Queen Elizabeth had the prettiest wedding cakes.

I loved Elizabeth ii,Oueen Mother,and Kates.

I did'nt love it but it was funny that Edward and Sophie had a tennis racket on their cake.

I did'nt love Victoria's.I just did'nt get it.

The Wedding Cake of Prince Rashid and Princess Zeina has a striking resemblance to the Wedding Cakes of the King and Queen of Jordan, and also of Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath! How surprising! :D

Charlene and Albert's cake was panned, and it was ugly; but I still thought it looked good to eat.

I didn't care for Albert and Charlene's cake either. It's almost tacky. Just because the bride's a swimmer doesn't mean everything has to have a sea motif on it, there's enough of those on her jewellery.

Loved Prince Rashid and Princess Zeina's cake. Very elegant.

The Wedding Cake of Prince Rashid and Princess Zeina has a striking resemblance to the Wedding Cakes of the King and Queen of Jordan, and also of Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath! How surprising! :D
King Abdullah and Queen Rania's cakes were very different the first one had square-shaped tiers and the second appear to be heart-shaped, nothing like Rashid and Zeina's cake: Picture

Last edited:
The only thing I liked was the cake...

It may seem odd, but really the only part I liked of the Asturias wedding was the cake.

The design of the cake, including how it was displayed was just gorgeous, and it was one of the few that I felt must be delicious. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom