Royal House of Georgia 1: Ending 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Benjamin. :flowers:
Anna looks lovely!

Do you happen to know when and/or where the picture was taken?

My pleasure, Artemisia!

I am not aware of the specifics, but the photo was posted on Facebook within the past week so I assume it is fairly recent.

Thank you again. :)
It does appear to be a recent picture; the last time I saw Anna (or rather, photographs of her), she had a slightly shorter hairstyle - that was a couple of months ago.

Isn't that premature, at the very least? :ermm:
Even Monarchs of actual Monarchs (such as the King of Sweden) cannot grant titles of nobility, yet a pretender to no longer existing Throne feels it is appropriate?

PrincessKaimi,

Every major source credits Georgia to be that very place where the winemaking actually began. The oldest grape was found in Georgia as you've mentioned which is more than 8000 years old. And it's believed that the word "Wine" comes from Georgian word "Gvino".

Pretty sure wine comes from the Latin vinum. And vinum was a cognate of a Greek word meaning wine. It sounds like the Georgian word actually came from Latin.

Any one have some good information on the Bagration family and the Byzantine Emperors of the 11th and 12th century?

Thanks for the photo!
Prince Giorgi is cherubic

:previous:
Thanks for the video, Benjamin!:flowers:

For those who don't speak Georgian, the reporter basically says that the first picture of Giorgi Bagration has been released by his parents and has now spread across the Internet. She then says how the boy is the sole heir, and how his parents' marriage united the two houses. The reporter also (lightly) touches the rumours of estrangement, subsequent reconciliation and birth of the heir.

Last edited:
And *thank you* for the translation, Artemisia! :)

One wonders when/if the family plans on moving back to Georgia...

And *thank you* for the translation, Artemisia! :)
One wonders when/if the family plans on moving back to Georgia...
You are welcome. :)
I think that's definitely on the cards. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Princess Anna used to live in Georgia on permanent basis and her daughters go (or went) to school there, so I'd assume they already spend a lot of time in the country.

Not to go too off-topic, but I can definitely see Georgia reinstating Monarchy in future. I'm saying this because I understand Georgian people and their mentality; after all, we are as similar as it's possible to be without actually being one nation. History, historical heritage is of huge importance for our people, so a Head of State who represents the traditions and is a link to the glorious past would be welcome by a lot.

Tnx for the link - both re so cute! Is the little Prince G in a semi traditional fabric/outfit? The texture looks like it, maybe?
I wouldn't say the fabric is traditional but the outfit is. It's called "chokha" or "cherkeska" and, while mostly associated with and worn by Georgians, is actually worn by many Caucasian people including Armenians, Azeris, etc. It's not really worn on daily basis (neither by children, nor by grown ups), but men do occasional wear it on festive occasions or, for instance, by dancers when they perform Georgian national.

Traditional chokha is usually all-black, black with underlining (mostly, white, silver or gold), or black-red. This Georgian man is wearing a traditional chokha complete with a short sword (which is traditional for both our countries) and leather long boots.

Artemisia - Thanks so much. I love what I learn here from forum members. That chokha is one handsome dress. I thought I had seen it before. Thanks again.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it somehow possible to put Georgian royal family in a separate group lists in the non-reigning list just like Royal House of Romania, Greece and Serbia is?

Is it somehow possible to put Georgian royal family in a separate group lists in the non-reigning list just like Royal House of Romania, Greece and Serbia is?
You should probably suggest the idea to one of Admins (JessRulz, Marengo, Warren or Zonk), or one of the Non-Reigning Houses Mods (MAfan, Marengo or Warren) via a private message. :)

As a rule, however, separate sub-forums are opened for the royal houses which have a considerable number of threads or generate a lot of interest. Even several reigning houses - such as Liechtenstein - fall into "Other Reigning Houses" category.

Prince David Bagrationi attended the Svetitskhovloba celebration which took place in the ancient Georgian capital of Mtskheta.
He took part in the service of Svetitskhoveli Cathedral for Patriarch of All Georgia Ilia II.
New Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili with his family also took part in the celebration.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rhg-dev/assets/shots/128/pagesize/IMG_2581.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rhg-dev/assets/shots/130/pagesize/IMG_2502.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rhg-dev/assets/shots/126/pagesize/BES_9423.jpg

Thanks for sharing this! :flowers:
Good to see Prince David actively participating in the country's life.

I've been to Svetitskhoveli Cathedra; it is absolutely magnificent.
Just one question: do you happen to know who was the last King to have been crowned there?

The last king crowned in Svetitskhoveli was George XII as I know. :)
He was a son of Erekle II who was also crowned in Svetitskhoveli after Kingdoms of Kartli and Kakheti united :)

Thanks for answering my question! :flowers:
I know Erekle II was crowned at Svetitskhoveli, but I thought George XII's coronation took place in Anchiskhati Church in Tbilisi.

:previous:

Is it known whether the new Prime Minister pro or anti-monarchist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom