Reflections on the Princely Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going on holiday to Monaco next week.
I will go to the bookstore and see what I can find about them.
If there is something interesting I'll let you know
:monacoflag:
Oh yes please ! How lucky you are !

In Paris Match to day, there are unpublished photos of the wedding, some are taken just after the civil wedding before the scene of the balcony, we saw Princess Caroline kissing Her brother Albert and also Stephanie kissing also Albert and a moving photo of Mrs Siri, the former secretaire of the Prince Rainier during 25 years crying in the arms of Prince Albert and also others photos which will be published in the album called 'l'histoire du mariage princier'. This album will be sold at the edition of the Rocher on october 19th.
These photos were given by the palace for the album.

The royal correspondent site makes a report about the book in english and where to buy it.

Yes, but without any new information we haven't shared here before.

We already know that it will be available in Monaco, France and via amazon.fr.

good news, last week, we had some more photos on Paris Match. Perhaps there will be a dvd about the wedding one day, but it is a beginning with this album
There was a dvd on the wedding of Princess Victoria on december and the wedding took place in Juni

Does anyone got the book already?
"Albert et Charlene, mariage princier, 1er et 2juillet 2011'
Nothing yet on amazon.fr :sad:

Looking at the Amazon .fr site, they haven't listed this new title yet. It is a little confusing because there is another book which is also by Stephane Bern about the marriage -but don't order this thinking it is the one that Iceflower has linked to in the above post - it's not. I saw this in Monaco in the summer & it's mainly text based - not the catalogue of the wedding exhibition. I think that once the exhibition has closed in Monaco the catalogue may be more widely available. This has been my experience of official catalogues linked to exhibitions at the Grimaldi centre. We just have to be a little patient. Although, the publication is currently listed on the FNAC website.

Update - link below is to the catalogue - it isn't published until next week
Amazon.fr

Last edited:
Yes, it is a little confusing about the books, there are two books one called' histoire du mariage princier' from Stephane Bern, I bought it two weeks ago when I went to Monaco to make shopping.It is sold at the museum during the exposition
There is an another called -Albert Charlene mariage princier 1 et 2 juillet 2011, it is not yet in the libraries, my sister asked to a the fnac of monaco who said her that this book will be sold the next week, I think that this book will be perhaps only sold in Monaco

No news from the book here in germany.
At amazon.fr there is again just the other book which is also by Stephane Bern about the marriage.

There are a lot of books whith the same title also the title has changes. the title is:
les plus belles photos du mariage princier,
I ordered it at the FNAC, and the book is available from november 3
I think it's this one because it is the only from'edition le rocher'
I will tell you when I will receive it.
This book is not on amazone but on the fnac.fr site

I have just looked on Amazon & it is saying the book is available. The subtitle of the book is "les plus belles photos du mariage princier" as melina premier has mentioned above see link below

Amazon.fr

It doesn't appear to be available on Amazon uk though :(

Isn't that the same book that's available at the Institut Océanographique in Monaco where the wedding exhibition is???
I bought this book while I was on holiday in Monaco.

Melina do you know something about that??? Or someone else who got this book from the exhibition?!?!?

You have right Smush, I bought this book at the shop of the museum at the wedding exhibition.This book was made by Stephane Bern
It is an another which is only to sell on fnac site, it is called
Les plus belles photos du mariages princier,
I orderd it and when I will receive it, I will give you some news about this book

I found the book which has the title'Albert, charlène, mariage princier,1 et2 juillet 2011
You go on the site'Edition du Rocher' you click
After, You click on 'Aparaitre'
and there is the book
But it will be sold only november 24th 2011

Thanks melina.
What about the book you already ordered? Do you have it?
Is it the right book?

Just an update on the souvenir book of the wedding exhibition in Monaco. You can now purchase this on the other Amazon sites ( previously it was only available on Amazon fr. I have just ordered a copy.

I just ordered the book on amazon.fr.
It wasn't available on the german amazon side. So now I just have to wait.:whistling:

My copy came within a week. It is a lovely souvenir of the exhibition rather than just the wedding, so it has pics of the displays as well as the photographs themselves. I can highly recommend it.

I got my copy of the book today.
Great pics but nothing really new. ;)

I received the book to day, I find the photos very beautiful. there are photos we never saw. the photos of their hands crossed during the mass or the kiss of the bride during the firework. We can not say that it is not a wedding of love.

I received the book to day, I find the photos very beautiful. there are photos we never saw. the photos of their hands crossed during the mass or the kiss of the bride during the firework. We can not say that it is not a wedding of love.

I really know now that you love Charlene no matter what happens, but yes, many people can say that the marriage was not for love.
It doesn't matter how much they can cross their hands anywhere they go or how many weird kisses they have.

I really know now that you love Charlene no matter what happens, but yes, many people can say that the marriage was not for love.
It doesn't matter how much they can cross their hands anywhere they go or how many weird kisses they have.
And what makes you believe that they are not in love? The rumors of the runaway bride or what?
Like I already asked rosanan, where is your prove?

Last edited:

There is no real need to start the discussion here again - you are all entitled to share your opinion,
please respect differing opinions!

Any news on an official wedding dvd?
After taking so much time for a book maybe we will get one.
Btw, I do respect different opinions.

As you know, there are plenty of videos of the wedding on YouTube.

However, I even though preparations to video the entire event in 3D were announced prior to the wedding, I can find no reference to a DVD or 3D disk of the event. (The preparations included 250 fiber optic lines, very expensive high tech equipment and contracting with specialized firms.) One announcement said the Orange (French TV network) was planning on broadcasting the event live in 3D.

I don't know why there has been no follow through on this. I suspect that the negative publicity at the time of the wedding has something to do with it. I would like to think that the event was videoed, edited and a disk will be released at a momentus time (such as a birth or an anniversary) in the future.

This video in 3D is on Dalymotion. site It is in 2 parts
It is on daylimotion, you click on video than you writte
1ere partie mariage de SAS prince Albert II de monaco 3D in the case search
2eme partie mariage de Sas prince Albert II de monaco
I do not succeed to send the link .
Enjoy, it is different we saw at the Tv last july

I would have thought that the expense of filming in 3D meant it was intended to be aired to a wider audience- perhaps there were plans for an official film similar to the one made for Rainier & Grace's wedding. However I think the moment has passed . Still waiting for that elusive DVD release though. I still have hopes as they did release a DVD of Albert's enthronement

Back
Top Bottom