Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May I guess?No sunscreen when the sun shines??

Nothing has happened, Russophile. Princess Stephanie's look is not
new and her skin and it's change have often been a topic before.
Let it be a result of her lifestyle or whatever, but we shouldn't focus
on that too much as it's not fair to always make a big theme out of
it.

I'm also dissapointed. I wanted to see Princess Caroline too, she is missed.
Nothing against Charlene and Stephanie, but Caroline always adds glamour to this event. It's so strange not to see her here. And about the Casiraghis, is kinda expected not to see them. I thought they were showing up, as they have been doing recently in other acts, but sadly they aren't either.

Nothing has happened, Russophile. Princess Stephanie's look is not
new and her skin and it's change have often been a topic before.
Let it be a result of her lifestyle or whatever, but we shouldn't focus
on that too much as it's not fair to always make a big theme out of
it.
Okay.
Bring on Ivana Trumps' flying squirrel arms! OLE!
:D

(Was Ivana in attendance this year?)

Such, they got out of the black color fashion fly

Bono is not coming for he is currently giving a concert for 50000 Swedish funs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold the phone! Ivana dumped her hubby that she was there with last year??? Holy Schnikies! :eek:

And take a look at Shirley Bassey! VA-VOOM! Think it would be too tacky if she sang "Goldfinger'?

Any ideas who's that young Kevin Costner-looking guy with Ivana?

Any ideas who's that young Kevin Costner-looking guy with Ivana?
Melina, if you look above to Ice's pics, they all have captions on them that tell you who they are. Which is where I got that Miss Ivana is steppin' out with a new beau. :rolleyes:

:ermm:I am also dissappointed to see Princess Caroline not attend this years ball, but perhaps she has had other matters to attend to. :)However, I think Charlene and Princess Stephanie have pulled out all the stops to look very glamerous for this occaision and have still brought the feel of royalty to this event and of course Albert.
As with anything in life, we expect something and then we dont get it, alas we should make the most of what we do get, thus we should still enjoy!;)

I thought Stephanie looked good for a change... Charlene was very attractive and I liked the glamor of her dress, although I didn't like the thinness of the strap on her shoulder. But it's a disappointment that Caroline didn't turn up.

Antonio Zechila...Mmm,still looks like a playboy to me.

Squizzing & kissing her in front of the people,huh?Where does he think he is?At one of the Stones' concerts?

Squizzing & kissing her in front of the people,huh?Where does he think he is?At one of the Stones' concerts?
But think about it, it's the Grimaldi's answer to Capote's Black and White Ball: Everybody who's ANYBODY goes to see and be seen. So yes, there's hugging and kissing going on.

(Though I wish Shirley Bassey would sing. . . *gremble, gremble*)

Then they could name it Red Cross The Line Ball.How's that?

Then they could name it Red Cross The Line Ball.How's that?
Hmmmm. Naw, just doesn't have that ring to it. :cool:

Does anybody know how much money they give to the cause??

Last edited:
I'm disappointed. P. Caroline disppointed me so much! What's wrong with her?!? She didn't attend the Ball the first year after Stefano's death: of course. She didn't attend shortly after Alex's was born: natural. But this year? And after missing the Grand Prix? I'm too disappointed on her! :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

I am very very very sad .... I was really hoping to see Princess Caroline, because, its the First Dame of Monaco, more glamorous and elegant ... The reason?

Hmmmm. Naw, just doesn't have that ring to it. :cool:

Does anybody know how much money they give to the cause??

1000 euros per person ;) and drinks not included ..........

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very very very sad .... I was really hoping to see Princess Caroline, because, its the First Dame of Monaco, more glamorous and elegant ... The reason?

I don´t think that the 1000 euros were the problem: the Grimaldis can very well afford them; besides, they host the Ball, they don't have to pay to attend it. I wouldn't like to speculate about her motives not to be there tonight ( or the moderators will delete my post :censored: ), but i can't help thinking that there is something fishy in the story!!! :ermm:

Flowers for Charlene too, that's new and nice :)

Both ladies have kept their special style and that's also nice
to see, as often there are family members we miss, but well,
it's always a surprise.. :)

Here are some of the pics without watermarks:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

And the first gallery from belga:

** belga gallery ** belga 2 **

I noticed Charlene's flower, also this is new:whistling:

I love Stephanie's long hair

Merci! How many in attendance? And who gets the cut for the drinks? I do a lot of charity stuff so I was wondering.

(Okay, okay, I'm just snoopy! I admit!)

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - JULY 31: Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock attend the 61st Monaco Red Cross Ball at the Monte Carlo Sporting Club on July 31, 2009 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4*

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - JULY 31: Prince Albert II of Monaco (C), Princess Stephanie of Monaco (R) and Charlene Wittstock (L) attend the 61st Monaco Red Cross Ball at the Monte Carlo Sporting Club on July 31, 2009 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8*

They are inside Now
Charlene and Stephanie looked great. Caroline and her glamour is truly missed.( If she is going to miss more balls Charollette should represent her, I know Char has previous engagements) I miss the old days of Rainier and Grace Red Cross Ball's now something seems lacking, ,well time goes on. I think the ball would take on a more enhanced tone if Albert and Charlene was married THEY would appear as more of a team! instead of BFF'S.

I stated this another thread Charlene is looking and getting the perks of being a princess w/o a engagement- How do u think this looks to other royals who is Rainier's peers whom he has earned the principlaties respect.

JMO

Question

So they had the ball outside then went inside ? cause the pictures show them at both outside and inside sitting at tables and making an entrance .

Glistening Seas

:rose: Ivanka age never shows she looks fab with bangs not a day over 30!! you go girl!!! :ROFLMAO:

:thistle: Stephanie looked fab missed seeing the Pierre and Andrea however the illustrious Pa is always shines and with the entertainment they had tonight place must have been rock'n !! :heartflower:

After seeing the photos I think they probably had the traditional cocktail in the garden (where we got the first photos) and then entered as always the Sporting Club. It seems this year that they opened all of the Sporting Club (not only the roof as always for the fireworks). The Ball was inside this year unlike last year when inside was turned into a rock concert arena.

I'm amazed by the guests attending the Ball this year...not the usual crowd and glamour from the past...Shirley Bassey and Buzz Aldrin are the only familiar faces, well Ivanna too but I don't wanna get into a row here. Where are Gina Lollobrigida, Roger Moore and wife, Michael Schumacher, any royals from Yugoslavia, Belgium (Prince Laurent), Emmanuel Filiberto of Savoia etc, fashion models (not Playmates), and others that used to attend the Ball and help make it along with the Grimaldi family, the social event of the summer in Monaco and Europe?

Princess Caroline's abscense is definetly fueling speculation, just like her summer vacation, and Grand Prix abscense. I won't discuss it since it's not allowed by the moderators. However I must recall that she attended 1980's Red Cross Ball even when there was all this talk about her marriage (we know the rest). I think (and really hope) everything's okay with her and her family.

No sign of Elizabeth Ann, Melanie, and Virgina Gallico.

The glamour of Red Cross ball is fading. It has been like this for a while. :sad:Casiraghi Trio were hope for a fresh air. Caroline was also still bringing some class. But this year is disappointment. There were no Caroline and her children. Karl Lagerfeld did not appear. :ermm:
The most exciting person of the ball was Gloria Estefan. She looked beautiful.
Steph dress was too plain for such a gala, she seemed not to have make up, not good.
Charlene dress color was great, overall dress was nice but not for her, it was too tight and her nipples were showing, and it was bad. CW make up was like a mask, just too much.
Where was Melanie, other family members?
Blue models at the ball? Oh no :eek:. They were naked. Who idea it was? It was very bad taste for so prestigious ball. I don't think that other royals would accept that.
I like Monaco and Grimaldis and I so disappointed with this ball. I complained about last ball, but this is worse...or it is just me feeling.:huh:

Why do the ladies not wear jewels? Each of them wore dresses that were perfect for the occasion. I think that Charlene looked lovely. She wore a beautiful bracelet, no earrings, no necklace, no rings. Princess Stephanie looked fabulous! Her bone structure is gorgeous! But again, no jewelry except for small insignificant stud diamond earrings. Monaco is known for its glamour and wealth. No one can accuse the royal family of flaunting wealth, but this evening is supposed to be one of “The” events of the season. A little bit of sparkle would have been nice.

Back
Top Bottom