Rania's Role as Queen of Jordan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Noelle@May 31st, 2004 - 8:49 am
Hey People!

What is the problem oh having diabetes? You act like stupid people,as you give her a stigma, like she has Aids!

Diabetes is a Metabolism- Disease, and bad for a person which have to live with it, because she must give herself injections with Insulin, 3 times a day or maybe mutch more( by Diabetis Mellitus).

Don't act like farmers and even if this rumour is true, we must respect her mutch more, because she stands in the focus of the media, travel a lot and present her country as mutch she can!
I don't think silly, belive. My grandmother have, my mother is start to have so probably i gona have. If you note something is because i don't have shore if Rania have diabitis.

Just the people that have very advence diabitis have to take insoline.

And i don't think that AIDS is a stigma.
Every desise should be rest and treat like normally . I belive that we don't have a desise because we wont but because it happens.
I don't belive Rania children wear glass because diabitis they are to small for that. When diabitis provoque that she is very advence. But yes they can hear the desise from Rania or not.

Hot discussion! Diabetes is not a stigma. Unfortunately it is a horrible disease. Eventually it affects all organs in the body: eyes, skin, joints, liver and I am sure there is more. Even if you are constant in taking the medication or injecting the insulin, you might be subject to fluctuations which either result the sugar level to go up or to come down.

If there is any truth to QR having diabetes, I feel sorry for her. Not because she has become an outcaste, but because of how she needs to struggle. It is also said that emotional states (stress, anger) have a direct effect on the sugar level.

Many children have a childish eye malfuctioning, where they are required to wear glasses for a while to straighten the irises. I highly doubt that their eyesight is a consequence of QR's diabetes (if true). Even if they inherit the diabetes fromn her, it will show later on in life, not now.

Anyway, here is a recent pic of QR at a jewellery function in Dubai:
Queen Rania at Damas Jewellery Dinner in Dubai

Originally posted by Layla@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 7:10 am
Hot discussion! Diabetes is not a stigma. Unfortunately it is a horrible disease.

If there is any truth to QR having diabetes, I feel sorry for her. Not because she has become an outcaste, but because of how she needs to struggle.
I agree wholeheartedly. I don't think anyone is judging QR harshly if she has diabetes.

AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan's King Abdullah II granted his wife, Queen Rania, the honorary military rank of full colonel in the armed forces Thursday, the official Petra news agency reported.

Abdullah also appointed his Palestinian-born wife as the head of Higher Council of Queen Rania al-Abdullah Society for the Support of the Military and their Families.

The society, established by the queen three months ago, provides assistance and financial aid to needy armed forces families.

It also allocates monthly income for orphans and widows of military personnel and provides loans and social services.

"You were always the nearest to me to share my opinion on the necessity of providing the requirements and descent life standards to all the boys and girls in our one big Jordanian family, especially the members of the armed forces and their families," Abdullah said in a letter addressed to the queen.

Queen Rania is also the honorary chairwoman of the Arab Army Officers Wives Club since its establishment in 2002.

Originally posted by megknight@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:55 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan's King Abdullah II granted his wife, Queen Rania, the honorary military rank of full colonel in the armed forces Thursday, the official Petra news agency reported.

Abdullah also appointed his Palestinian-born wife as the head of Higher Council of Queen Rania al-Abdullah Society for the Support of the Military and their Families.

The society, established by the queen three months ago, provides assistance and financial aid to needy armed forces families.

It also allocates monthly income for orphans and widows of military personnel and provides loans and social services.

"You were always the nearest to me to share my opinion on the necessity of providing the requirements and descent life standards to all the boys and girls in our one big Jordanian family, especially the members of the armed forces and their families," Abdullah said in a letter addressed to the queen.

Queen Rania is also the honorary chairwoman of the Arab Army Officers Wives Club since its establishment in 2002.
Nothing like keeping it all in the family.

I suppose it is similar to the Princess Royal being Colonel in Chief of a number of Regiments but with Jordan being such a small country Rania gets the whole shebang!

Originally posted by Noelle@May 31st, 2004 - 8:49 am
Hey People!

What is the problem oh having diabetes? You act like stupid people,as you give her a stigma, like she has Aids!

Diabetes is a Metabolism- Disease, and bad for a person which have to live with it, because she must give herself injections with Insulin, 3 times a day or maybe mutch more( by Diabetis Mellitus).

Don't act like farmers and even if this rumour is true, we must respect her mutch more, because she stands in the focus of the media, travel a lot and present her country as mutch she can!
Ditto!!!

For goodness sake diabetes is NOTHING compared to Aids so what is with fuss??? >__< Alot of people people have diabetes and its definitely isn't because they were being amorous!!!

Originally posted by megknight@Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:55 pm

im shocked he did this, what does she has to do with the military????

Where has Rania been? It's not like her to shy away from the spot light? They say that she's got the flu. Or is she pregnant? Or is something else wrong? I don't things could be that bad because the king is still in the US.

I can't wait to find out what's been keeping her locked away in her palace.

Originally posted by cut1me+Jun 14th, 2004 - 11:07 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cut1me @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 11:07 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-megknight@Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:55 pm

im shocked he did this, what does she has to do with the military???? [/b][/quote]
he is dictator he does whatever he want :sick: :sick: :sick:

I bet Rania had some input into this decision. She seems to be taking on more and more responsibility. The other women in the King's family have been involved in the military, Princess Ayesha I think...I dont think Rania's one to take a backseat.

exactly,rania want to have absolute power,jordanian princesses have military rank KA must give one to her :woot: :woot: :woot:

Originally posted by megknight@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:55 pm

Just another twisted way to have another income for Rania (and another title) :angry:

it doesn't make sense thqt the king give rania who has NO military experience this new title. it is such a joke. if he wants to give it someone in his family he should have given it to his sister aisha unless he and rania are THAT power hungry that they want to keep all the big titles amongst themselves. it all makes me sick. i wonder if there is going to be a revolution to overthrough the king and the queen. w/ all that's going on in the middle east and they live they way they do. it's is just so so so sad. they seem like they are so far removed from what is going on around them.

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@Jun 16th, 2004 - 6:22 pm
I bet Rania had some input into this decision. She seems to be taking on more and more responsibility. The other women in the King's family have been involved in the military, Princess Ayesha I think...I dont think Rania's one to take a backseat.
but from what i know P.Aysha went to military school, Sadhurst i think. She worked for it and trained hard.Rania didnt

Originally posted by Humble@Jun 16th, 2004 - 6:13 pm

Just another twisted way to have another income for Rania (and another title) :angry:
Yes, and what I also find offensive about this is the sheer brazenness and shamelessness of publicly announcing this act of nepotism in a press release--as though it's some sort of deserved and hard-earned accomplishment on QR's part, and we're all too unintelligent to see right through it.

She's preggo again (thanks to alzahk!)
Royal Bid Against Cancer

Nora Boustany
16 June 2004
The Washington Post

Jordan's King Abdullah was in attendance Monday night, substituting for his
wife, Queen Rania, at the Hope Gala at the Andrew W. Mellon auditorium, a
gathering of royals and glittering personalities for a worthy cause, raising
money for children with cancer.

The king said he is usually called upon for seeking other, more difficult
solutions in the Middle East.

"Today, I talk of a solution that has already been found," said the monarch,
speaking about cancer research and modern cures that can offer hope to the
afflicted. The event was a benefit for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in
Memphis and its partner in Amman, the King Hussein Cancer Center.

Abdullah reminisced about his late father, King Hussein, and said he knew
what it was like to be waiting at the bedside of a loved one for some sign of
improvement, hoping for some scientific breakthrough or treatment that might
make a difference.

"I can only tell you, Rania and I know of the deep emotions of those
moments," he said, also recalling his father's spirit and humanity.

Princess Ghida Talal of Jordan, the chairwoman, spoke movingly about her
husband's recovery from cancer after undergoing treatment 12 years ago.
She met Prince Talal Ben Mohammed, Abdullah's first cousin, while they were
students at Georgetown University. They now have three children.

The event was cast in soft lighting, towering floral arrangements of cream,
yellow and ocher calla lilies and orchids. The mood did not labor with the pain
of loss, instead with commitment to raise money.

Abdullah, for instance, donated a customized and multi-gadgeted Harley-
Davidson motorcycle to a live auction during the event. The bidders on the
Harley-Davidson, among various items auctioned off, were a distinguished
array of Washington insiders and Wall Street stars. They included World Bank
President James D. Wolfensohn and Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.).
Kennedy raised his hand repeatedly with demure nods of approval from his
wife, Victoria Reggie Kennedy, but stopped at $20,000. Finally, the royal bike
fetched $27,000 from Steve Case, the founder and former chairman of
America Online.

The event raised $720,000, organizers said. "Cancer does not have to mean
the end, but also the beginning of a happy, healthy life," said one spokesman
for the Hope Gala. Even the absence of the reigning Jordanian queen had
undertones of hope and new beginnings. She was not feeling very well, one
spokeswoman said; persistent palace rumors in Amman have it that she is
expecting another child.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44705-2004Jun15.html

Originally posted by cut1me+Jun 17th, 2004 - 3:34 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cut1me @ Jun 17th, 2004 - 3:34 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-~*~Humera~*~@Jun 16th, 2004 - 6:22 pm
but from what i know P.Aysha went to military school, Sadhurst i think. She worked for it and trained hard.Rania didnt [/b][/quote]
Yeah I know. I was merely implying that other women in the royal family with military experience deserved something like this more. I like Rania a lot but I dont think its fair. Even Princess Iman, who's much younger than Rania, has more military experience. But like I said, the Queen isn't likely to take a backseat to anyone. She may not have practical experience but she'll have the title anyway.

in hamza wedding party and the spanish wedding party ,queen rania show fatter by wearing wide dress.Is queen rania pregnant and which month
? I'd like any 1 to post old pics when she was pregnant.thanx.

If Q. Rania is pregnant I'm happy for her and KA. Well, if she has a boy, we know definitely that P Hamzah will never be king. KA will have two potential heirs.

I dont pay attention to gossip but Im seriously beginning to consider the possibility that Rania might be pregnant. I wish they wouldn't take so long in announcing it. I wonder if they're merely being cautious, in case, God forbid, she has a misscarriage or other complications.

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@Jun 21st, 2004 - 8:53 pm
I dont pay attention to gossip but Im seriously beginning to consider the possibility that Rania might be pregnant. I wish they wouldn't take so long in announcing it. I wonder if they're merely being cautious, in case, God forbid, she has a misscarriage or other complications.
A lot of couples like to announce the pregnancy after the first trimester has passed, since that is the time period when most miscarriages occur. But, except for weddings, Rania has been out of the spotlight, and she is appreciably heavier than she normally is (though I think she looks better and healthier when she's a little more filled out). I think we'll hear an official announcement before the summer is over.

I don't think she's pregnant at all, she just decided to gain some. she has three kids and I think it's enough for an outgoing queen like her!

I would tend to think that she might be pregnant [a boy :blink: ] to secure throne for her own family only especially that Hamzah just got married...

Just a thought :innocent:

Do you all really think that Queen Rania is that calculating to plan pregancies to advance her position and that of her husbands to secure a throne. Come on people. Prince Hamzah had no chance at being King and never will, especially now that his father is no longer with us( In my opinion, the moment it was announced that King Hussein had past his chance became absolete). King Hussein made the right choice, whether anyone wants to believe it or not. Prince Hamzah is not experienced enough, even though he is now obtaining a degree at university, and too young. He will be another Prince Andrew in the Hashmite family. He will never be King but his wife and children will be taken care of well, and given titles. The same goes for Hashim, he will be a Prince Edward.. Hashim will not have a true significant role within the family structure, and the only way it "may" improve is with deaths in the family. To put it simply, the Prince Hazmah crusade is a lame duck. :lol:

-If hamzah is too young, then KA's son is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch younger...

-So, who will be the next king if your opinion?

Originally posted by Akilah@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 11:30 am
Do you all really think that Queen Rania is that calculating to plan pregancies to advance her position and that of her husbands to secure a throne.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time in history. There's a reason the old "heir and a spare" phrase is in use. I think it'd be naive to assume succession isn't a factor in family planning when one is a queen. Look at poor Princess Masako of Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom