Rania's Role as Queen of Jordan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monalisa said:
:confused: Come on,and no one has not proven that she does work hardly either:D !

All what has proven here and in other threads that rania give a special interest for her look which does changed a lot:D from before 1999 and after;) !

I don't think that it needs to be justifyed or to be proven that she works hardly or not,if she works and serves good her peolple,her works would talk for itself and would not need all that blah blah ....:D !

lol - youre so right

the root of the problem

hi every one:) ...i'm so interested in this topic...i have to b honest i'm not a big fan of Rania since she was a princess and i don't think that the problem z the way she behaves or her outfit or the way she speaks...the root of the problem (in my opinion) z that she z not accepted by the jordanian people in the first place..or most of them since her pre-queen days ...honestly,i am a palestinian living in jordan for so long and i love and adore Jordan alot but i don't like Rania coz she z not genuine and too shallow..she z not a representation of the arab women or the palestenian or the jordanian...and all the people around me in family ,work,university don't like her and r not afraid to say it out loud..:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

When a queen or a boss or any person z accepted , people won't give him a hard time judjing him or her even if she made mistakes...Rania z so ambitious and king Abdullah for her is the means to fullfill her dreams,-materialistic dreams-i don't accept her and she z too tacky and vulgar for a queen..Y can't b simple,real ,and cares really really for the people like other queens ?compare her with with princess letizia of spain ,they both r young and not from royal origins but letizia has poise and elegance not from her dresses and simple outfits she wears only but from her inner self...:)
Ambitious Rania is not accepted by her people even palestenian people of various cities and towns of palestine,and not fit for a queen i say this NOT BECAUSE I'M ENVIOUS AS SHE CALLED THE PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE HER:eek: :mad: WHICH MADE ME SO ANGRY OF THIS INSECURE LACK CONFIDENCE WOMAN(AND THIS IS TYPICAL RANIA BY THE WAY ) BUT BECAUSE I'M HONEST.

:confused: Come on,and no one has not proven that she does work hardly either:D !

All what has proven here and in other threads that rania give a special interest for her look which does changed a lot:D from before 1999 and after;) !

I don't think that it needs to be justifyed or to be proven that she works hardly or not,if she works and serves good her peolple,her works would talk for itself and would not need all that blah blah ....:D !

I AGREE TOTALLY:) :cool:

Thank you so for your comments Mirella. It is so nice to hear this from a Palestinian Jordanian (sorry if I did not get that right). So ppl have not liekd her since her princess days? Can you go more into that? Thanks.

cute_girl said:
as far as I'm following sommone's posts I think that her opinion is not that rania is a hardworking queen,she says that all royalties are the same in spending ways and for you would you please give us a proof that she works hard?

Honest, cute_girl, I allowed myself to get caught up in a discussion, that I said in a previous post, I usually avoid. In the process, I managed to stray from the topic at hand. I think that it is a matter of opinion in whether people deem if QR works hard or not. Like I said before, hardwork means different things for different people. I think she is doing a good job myself, but some may think she could do more.

Monalisa said:

Then there is no need for this thread, or the original before the title was changed is there? I agree, her work should speak for itself. Some will say it does, while others will say it doesn't.

Last edited:
sommone said:
Then there is no need for this thread, or the original before the title was changed is there? I agree, her work should speak for itself. Some will say it does, while others will say it doesn't.

Ones works should to speak of itself,is my opinion,but if other people see the need of this thread or others,it's fine.

The problem is not this thread or what it was before originally,but the problem it is the big fuss around!

It's looks like propaganda and overevaluation of things which don't deserve actually!And again,good works doesn't need a mouthpiece to be knowen or recognized,they late or early would speaks for itself:D!

Monalisa said:
Ones works should to speak of itself,is my opinion,but if other people see the need of this thread or others,it's fine.

The problem is not this thread or what it was before originally,but the problem it is the big fuss around!

It's looks like propaganda and overevaluation of things which don't deserve actually!And again,good works doesn't need a mouthpiece to be knowen or recognized,they
late or early would speaks for itself:D!

I'm speaking hypothetically..I haven't any more control over these threads than you do. Like I said before, I do agree with you, her deeds should speak for themselves...I just happen to be one of those who thinks they do.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for all who are sharing their opinion about the topic of this thread!

1-As well,as i said in other thread,rania should to come down with her need to be surounded with big fuss in the lesser of her movements.

Maybe some of you would say that we should not blame her for that bacause cameras like her,:confused: ,come on ,sometimes we see that she can keep her self away of that when she wants,like those days,and Jordan is not worse !so when she bomards us with new apparitions in tabloids it's because she likes that!

2-She would not be less elegant or beautiful if she makes more knowen the fashion and the traditions of the country which she's supposed to represent!

3-Talking again about the over exposition to medias for her so called graet works:confused: ,there's no need for that,if they are so great, they should speak for itself and would not need a mouthpiece to justify them!

So generally,rania should to be more humble and to behave like that as well,being humble and close to people doesn't mean being always in the need to be the star of PEOPLE medias!

sommone said:
I'm speaking hypothetically..I haven't any more control over these threads than you do. Like I said before, I do agree with you, her deeds should speak for themselves...I just happen to be one of those who thinks they do.:)

You are welcome sommone,i understood your meanings.

MIRELLA said:
hi every one:) ...i'm so interested in this topic...i have to b honest i'm not a big fan of Rania since she was a princess and i don't think that the problem z the way she behaves or her outfit or the way she speaks...the root of the problem (in my opinion) z that she z not accepted by the jordanian people in the first place..or most of them since her pre-queen days ...honestly,i am a palestinian living in jordan for so long and i love and adore Jordan alot but i don't like Rania coz she z not genuine and too shallow..she z not a representation of the arab women or the palestenian or the jordanian...and all the people around me in family ,work,university don't like her and r not afraid to say it out loud..:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

When a queen or a boss or any person z accepted , people won't give him a hard time judjing him or her even if she made mistakes...Rania z so ambitious and king Abdullah for her is the means to fullfill her dreams,-materialistic dreams-i don't accept her and she z too tacky and vulgar for a queen..Y can't b simple,real ,and cares really really for the people like other queens ?compare her with with princess letizia of spain ,they both r young and not from royal origins but letizia has poise and elegance not from her dresses and simple outfits she wears only but from her inner self...:)
Ambitious Rania is not accepted by her people even palestenian people of various cities and towns of palestine,and not fit for a queen i say this NOT BECAUSE I'M ENVIOUS AS SHE CALLED THE PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE HER:eek: :mad: WHICH MADE ME SO ANGRY OF THIS INSECURE LACK CONFIDENCE WOMAN(AND THIS IS TYPICAL RANIA BY THE WAY ) BUT BECAUSE I'M HONEST.

Actually i didn't hear or know about rania before 1999,and i'm not jordanian or palestinian,but my opinion about her has been constructed through the days after what i read and see as well.

I agree for the critics things,in the beganning i didn't care,but after reading and watching her (on TV)manytimes reapeating the same thing about people being jalous about her:confused: and her answers about the comparisons made between her and the people which she's supposed representing,i was exceed and find that inaproppriate from a person who respects her people and respects itself firstable !

Monalisa said:

That's your very personal opinion, Monalisa.

Instead of actually sifting through the information I and others provided about the work and the issues Rania is focusing on, this thread has moved on to something else; talking about what Rania wears and how much she spends.

Monalisa said:
All what has proven here and in other threads that rania gives a special interest for her look which does changed a lot:D from before 1999 and after;) !

Well that's because it is pretty much all we hear from certain members. It doesn't mean that that's the only thing the Queen is known for and admired for at home or on the international scene. You and others seem to pretty much disregard the information supplied here and elsewhere and focus on only what seems to prove your viewpoint. And that doesn't make it true.

Monalisa said:

I agree with that, and they do, her good works speak for themselves.

MIRELLA said:

Mirella, I am posting here ALL of what Queen Rania actually said and also a little bit what was said in the article from Newsweek in 2000 (where the jealousy comment originated). Sometimes when you take what people say out of context, it comes out sounding differently than was intended:

From Newsweek: Paradoxically, some of the most stinging criticism of Rania comes from Jordan's chattering classes. The wealthy mostly live in Abdoun, a ritzy enclave in west Amman, and count themselves among the most liberal Jordanians. Yet they're the first to point out indiscretions, and gossip relentlessly about Rania's designer outfits and expensive handbags. "She's the handbag queen," says one. Rania begs to differ. She says she shuns "frilly dresses," opting for simple and modern attire. (She wore a light green pantsuit for the NEWSWEEK interview.) And she points out that 15 months into her reign, she still doesn't own a tiara.

During the interview, at first Rania seemed annoyed by the catcalling. "This Abdoun thing," she said, "it's just jealousy." But then she backed off. "The gossip goes with the turf," she said, adding that she might even learn from the criticism.

From Me: Obviously she could have handled the matter much better and even been more diplomatic by not saying anything at all, but I think she was honestly annoyed. Wouldn't you be if you were constantly criticized by a certain group, who would just not give you a break no matter what? And she realized that the gossip is part and parcel of her life now and that she can learn from it. That's important. Also, she was not referring to ALL people who criticize her. As if putting all criticism in one bag and saying that the only reason for it is jealousy is what she was doing, come on!

The next part in the article goes on to demonstrate what the gossips in Abdoun can be like:

From Newsweek: Even when Rania attempts a simple act of generosity, she can't escape the barbs of the Abdounis. Taking a page from Hillary Rodham Clinton, Queen Rania invited a handicapped woman to sit next to her when her husband opened Parliament last November. The woman had graduated at the top of her class in business administration, and presumably Rania thought she could be an inspiration. But to some, Rania's invitation was a distasteful stunt. Worse, they suspected an ulterior motive: Rania, the gossip went, needed to fill the seat to avoid giving it to Queen Noor, the American-born wife of the late King Hussein.

I think that says it all.

Last edited:
HI EVERY ONE THANK U 4 ALL THE REPLIES AND I WANT TO SAY MANY THINGS MORE:
1-IN MANY INTERVIEWS RANIA TEMPTS TO CHANGE THE ARAB AND EVEN ISLAM TRADITIONS TO JUSTIFY HER WAY OF DRESSING AND BEHAVIOR.FOR EXAMPLE,WHEN OPRAH WINFRY ASKED HER ABOUT HIJAB FOR MOSLIMS AND IN ISLAM AND Y MOSLIM WOMEN WEAR HIJAB WHAT DID RANIA ANSWERED?
RANIA SAID THAT HIJAB IS NOT PART OF ISLAM TRADITION !!! AND THAT WHO WEAR HIJAB R DOING THIS OUT OF TRADITION THAT COMES FROM JAHELIYYA TIMES(PRE-ISLAM) TIMES!!!THOUGH PEOPLE BEFORE ISLAM DIDN'T KNOW HIJAB..SHE ADDS THAT THERE IS NO ORDER FROM GOD OR PROPHET MOHAMMAD TALKING ABOUT HIJAB!!!
LOOK I DON'T WEAR HIJAB MYSELF BUT WHEN ANY ONE ASKS ME ABOUT HIJAB (ESPECIALLY IN A BIG TALKSHOW LIKE OPRA'S)I WONT DENY IT AND FEEL ASHAMED OF MY RELIGION AND TRADITIONS AND TRY TO GET OFF MY SKIN...
IS WHAT I SAY RIGHT OR WRONG? I HAVE ALOT OF CHRISTIAN FRIENDS IN STATES AND JORDAN AND I RESPECT THEM VERY MUCH COZ THEY R PROUD OF THEIR RELIGION AND TRADITIONS..THEY DON'T LACK CONFIDENCE NOR KNOWLEDGE...
2- I HAPPEN TO KNOW ONE OF RANIA'S CLOSEST RELATIVES OF HER FATHER'S SIDE AND SHE TOLD ME AND MAMA JUST AFTER RANIA'S ENGAGEMENT TO PRINCE ABDULLAH THAT 'RANIA GOT WHAT SHE WANTED..WE ALWAYS CALLED HER PRINCESS RANIA COS SHE WAS ALWAYS ARROGANT AND THOUGHT HERSELF A GODDESS BEAUTY OR SUPER MODEL' SHE ADDED IN ANOTHER OCCASSION THAT WHEN EVER WE ASKED HER MOM OR PARENTS ABOUT RANIA THEY ALWAYS SAY SHE Z HAVING A HARD TIME WITH ABDULLAH...SHE TOLD ME I DON'T BELIEVE THIS THEY ONLY SAY THIS COZ THEY ALL BELIEVE WE PEOPLE R ENVIOUS OF HER CATCH!!!!
3-I DON'T KNOW Y I ALWAYS MEET PEOPLE WHO KNOW HER BUT ONCE I WAS GOING TO MY MEDICINE COLLEGE IN JORDAN UNIVERSITY IN AMMAN BY A TAXI IN 1999 AND THE OLDMAN DRIVING THE TAXI HAD A CHAT TELLING ME THAT HE USED TO PICK RANIA EVERYDAY WHEN SHE WAS WORKING IN THE BANK I THINK AND WHEN PRINCE ABDULLAH WAS ONLY VISITING THEM AT HOME TALKING TO HER FATHER BEFORE ENGAGEMENT AND THIS OLD MAN AND HE TOLD HER PLEASE MISS RANIA IF NASEEB OR MARRIGE TOOK PLACE PLEASE TELL PRINCE ABDULLA ABOUT ME AS HE Z SOOOO POOR..SHE SAID OK..
HE TELLS ME AND SINCE ENGAGEMENT AND PRIVATE CARS HE DIDN'T HEAR FROM HER OR ANY REPLY FOR HIS CALLS ... HE ADDS AND NOW SHE Z A QUEEN AND I DONT THINK ANY THING WILL CHANGE....I FELT SORRY FOR HIM AND I TOLD HIM DON'T WORRY GOD WILL HELP U NO NEED FOR HUMANS..HE SAID I 'M ONLY SORRY FOR HER ATTITUDE I DIDN'T REALLY NEEDED SO MONEY..GODZ HELPING US ALWAYS!!!!
GOD KNOWS FRIENDS THAT WHAT I SAY IS TRUE AND SHOCKED ME BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT A QUEEN FROM COMMON PEOPLE OR ORIGIN SHOULD FEEL MORE WITH POOR PEOPLE...I DON'T KNOW IF KING ABDULLAH KNEW HOW SHE TREATS SIMPLE PEOPLE USED TO KNOW HER OR HER AUNT HOW WOULD HE THINK OF HIS WIFE???

Last edited by a moderator:
HI EVERY ONE I'M HAPPY WITH UR REPLIES AND I WANT TO SAY MANY THINGS:
1- WHY DOES RANIA DENIES HER TRADITIONS IN ORDER TO JUSTIFY HER WAY OF DRESSING AND BEHAVIOR IN ALL??WHEN OPRAH WINFREY ASKED HER ABOUT HIJAB AND Y DO MUSLIM WOMEN WEAR HIJAB OR VEIL RANIA ANSWERED THAT HIJAB Z NOT PART OF ISLAM AND THAT WOMEN WEAR IT COZ OF TRADITION OF PRE ISLAM TIMES OR JAHELIYYA!!!! SHE ADDS THAT ITS NOT MENTIONED IN QURAN NOR PROPHET MOHAMMAD SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HIJAB!!!
LOOK I DON'T WEAR HIJAB MYSELF BUT I WONT DENY IT AND TRY TO GET OFF MY SKIN!!!IS WHAT I SAY RIGHT OR WRONG???? ESPECIALLY I A BIG SHOW LIKE OPRAH'S ...I HAVE ALOT OF CHRISTIAN FRIENDS IN STATES AND JORDAN AND I RESPECT THE COZ THEY RESPECT THEIR TRADITIONS AND RELIGION...
ALOT OF WOMEN IN JORDAN AND ARAB WORLD WEAR HIJAB SO THEY ALL DON'T KNOW ABOUT ISLAM!!!!!!

WHAT WOULD THEY THINK ABOUT THEIR QUEEN WHEN THEY KNOW WHAT SHE THINKS OF THEM BEHAVING FROM JAHELIYYA OR PRE-ISLAM TIMES? AND SHE Z OF COURSE THE MODER ARMANY ARAB WOMAN!!!

2- THANK U BALQIS FOR UR REPLY BUT IT WASN'T ONE TIME AND SHE KEEPS SAYING THIS IN HER PRIVATE TALKING AND DON'T TELL ME HOW DID U KNOW COZ MANY PEOPLE WORKING NEAR ROYALITIES GOSSIP ESPECIALLY IF THEY SAID STH SILLY AND OUTRAGIOUS LIKE THIS..
3- I HAPPEN TO KNOW ONE OF HER CLOSEST RELATIVES FROM HER FATHER'S SIDE SHE Z A FRIEND TO MOM TOO AND SHE SAID AFTER RANIA'S ENGAGEMENT AND I QUOTE 'FINALLY RANIA GOT WHAT SHE WANTED WE ALWAYS CALLED HER PRINCESS RANIA COZ SHE WAS ALWAYS ARROGANT AND THOUGHT HERSELF A GODDESS BEAUTY OR SUPER MODEL'
WHEN WE VISITED HER LATER THAT YEAR SHE WAS ANGRY AND DISAPPOITED COZ SHE SAYS'WHEN EVER I ASK HER MOM OR PARENTS ABOUT RANIA THEY ANSWERED SHE Z HAVING A HARD TIME WITH HIM..MEANING PRINCE ABDULLAH..
SHE TOLD MOM I DON'T BELIEVE THEM THEY ONLY SAY THIS COZ THEY CONSIDER US PEOPLE AND RELATIVES ENVIOUS OF HER 'CATCH'!!!!!! I WILL NOT ASK ABOUT HER ANY MORE I DID THIS OUT OF LOVE NOT ENVY...SHE WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED..
WHAT WOULD KING ABDULLAH SAY OR THINK IF HE KNOWS WHAT SHE AND HER FAMILY SAY ABOUT HIM THOUGH HE Z SOOO NICE AND GOOD WITH HER...
4- I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO DRINK ALOT OF ALCOHOL AS RANIA DOES THOUGH SHE WASN'T WHEN MISS BEFORE MARRIGE..WORKERS OR MAIDS AS THEY CALL THEM REPORTED THIS SINCE SHE WAS A PRINCESS.AND I'M POSITIVE NO NEED TO SAY HOW..ENOUGH SAID..I'M ANXIOUS AND AFRAID NOW A LITTLE BIT THOUGH I KNOW MORE MORE..MUCH MORE..

hi i didn't mean to repeat but i thought that the first reply wasn't sent ..;)

MIRELLA said:
HI EVERY ONE THANK U 4 ALL THE REPLIES AND I WANT TO SAY MANY THINGS MORE:
1-IN MANY INTERVIEWS RANIA TEMPTS TO CHANGE THE ARAB AND EVEN ISLAM TRADITIONS TO JUSTIFY HER WAY OF DRESSING AND BEHAVIOR.FOR EXAMPLE,WHEN OPRAH WINFRY ASKED HER ABOUT HIJAB FOR MOSLIMS AND IN ISLAM AND Y MOSLIM WOMEN WEAR HIJAB WHAT DID RANIA ANSWERED?
RANIA SAID THAT HIJAB IS NOT PART OF ISLAM TRADITION !!! AND THAT WHO WEAR HIJAB R DOING THIS OUT OF TRADITION THAT COMES FROM JAHELIYYA TIMES(PRE-ISLAM) TIMES!!!THOUGH PEOPLE BEFORE ISLAM DIDN'T KNOW HIJAB..SHE ADDS THAT THERE IS NO ORDER FROM GOD OR PROPHET MOHAMMAD TALKING ABOUT HIJAB!!!
LOOK I DON'T WEAR HIJAB MYSELF BUT WHEN ANY ONE ASKS ME ABOUT HIJAB (ESPECIALLY IN A BIG TALKSHOW LIKE OPRA'S)I WONT DENY IT AND FEEL ASHAMED OF MY RELIGION AND TRADITIONS AND TRY TO GET OFF MY SKIN...
IS WHAT I SAY RIGHT OR WRONG? I HAVE ALOT OF CHRISTIAN FRIENDS IN STATES AND JORDAN AND I RESPECT THEM VERY MUCH COZ THEY R PROUD OF THEIR RELIGION AND TRADITIONS..THEY DON'T LACK CONFIDENCE NOR KNOWLEDGE...
2- I HAPPEN TO KNOW ONE OF RANIA'S CLOSEST RELATIVES OF HER FATHER'S SIDE AND SHE TOLD ME AND MAMA JUST AFTER RANIA'S ENGAGEMENT TO PRINCE ABDULLAH THAT 'RANIA GOT WHAT SHE WANTED..WE ALWAYS CALLED HER PRINCESS RANIA COS SHE WAS ALWAYS ARROGANT AND THOUGHT HERSELF A GODDESS BEAUTY OR SUPER MODEL' SHE ADDED IN ANOTHER OCCASSION THAT WHEN EVER WE ASKED HER MOM OR PARENTS ABOUT RANIA THEY ALWAYS SAY SHE Z HAVING A HARD TIME WITH ABDULLAH...SHE TOLD ME I DON'T BELIEVE THIS THEY ONLY SAY THIS COZ THEY ALL BELIEVE WE PEOPLE R ENVIOUS OF HER CATCH!!!!
3-I DON'T KNOW Y I ALWAYS MEET PEOPLE WHO KNOW HER BUT ONCE I WAS GOING TO MY MEDICINE COLLEGE IN JORDAN UNIVERSITY IN AMMAN BY A TAXI IN 1999 AND THE OLDMAN DRIVING THE TAXI HAD A CHAT TELLING ME THAT HE USED TO PICK RANIA EVERYDAY WHEN SHE WAS WORKING IN THE BANK I THINK AND WHEN PRINCE ABDULLAH WAS ONLY VISITING THEM AT HOME TALKING TO HER FATHER BEFORE ENGAGEMENT AND THIS OLD MAN AND HE TOLD HER PLEASE MISS RANIA IF NASEEB OR MARRIGE TOOK PLACE PLEASE TELL PRINCE ABDULLA ABOUT ME AS HE Z SOOOO POOR..SHE SAID OK..
HE TELLS ME AND SINCE ENGAGEMENT AND PRIVATE CARS HE DIDN'T HEAR FROM HER OR ANY REPLY FOR HIS CALLS ... HE ADDS AND NOW SHE Z A QUEEN AND I DONT THINK ANY THING WILL CHANGE....I FELT SORRY FOR HIM AND I TOLD HIM DON'T WORRY GOD WILL HELP U NO NEED FOR HUMANS..HE SAID I 'M ONLY SORRY FOR HER ATTITUDE I DIDN'T REALLY NEEDED SO MONEY..GODZ HELPING US ALWAYS!!!!
GOD KNOWS FRIENDS THAT WHAT I SAY IS TRUE AND SHOCKED ME BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT A QUEEN FROM COMMON PEOPLE OR ORIGIN SHOULD FEEL MORE WITH POOR PEOPLE...I DON'T KNOW IF KING ABDULLAH KNEW HOW SHE TREATS SIMPLE PEOPLE USED TO KNOW HER OR HER AUNT HOW WOULD HE THINK OF HIS WIFE???

I was hoping u didn't mention the drivers name cuz u might get him in trouble,especially if what he was saying is true.( i think u know what I mean)
I heard alot of stuff too,but people just love to talk,they can make up anything just to show u they know this member of the RF or that...and btw i dun hate Rania or like her...and honeslty I'm not the type that follows her news or anything....but thanks dear for ur honesty.

Anyway thanks for ur honesty...

thank u t.r.o.u.b.l.e for ur comment:) and i have to b frank with u all i was talking to friends now and they told me i shouldn't have written this coz it's not really secure to do this ,they can get u for this :( ..anyway,what this man said was true not only for many factual information he said and i didn't write it all but because he was talking in a very good spirit,disappointed or sad yes but not angry or envious he was relaxed and old really..he had kindness in heart..:)
and for the relative i can't tell her name of course and i can't tell mom nor my husband that i actually wrote what she said about rania u know y...
i just wanted to tell the truth...sincerely....:) :)

Mirella said:

Interesting. The Harper's Bazaar article from March 2003 says that when Rania met Abdullah, she was 22 and working in marketing for Apple Computer in Amman. Perhaps they are wrong, I don't know. According to them she wasn't at Citibank... so which bank are you referring to that this taxi driver used to take her to work for, Mirella?

ell,it's so intersting to have someone from jordan in this thread,we've another jordanian member Trouble she's so wise and goes by diplomacy so she never tell us the general idea about rania;)
about what she'd said about hijab,I can only say who does she want to fool?1 billion moslems in the world?everyone(including babies!) knows that hijab is not only an arab taradition it's a must in islam,in jahelia times because of the hot weather pepole chose practically to wear nothing,there are several parts of Quran about obligation of hijab and my advice to Rania is that if you consider yourself a moslem go and read Quran in order not to say false things and if you're ashamed of your religoun go and convert to another religoun instead of distortioning Quran(which is a big sin,its punishment is death in islam).
i myself never wear hijab and i'm sure after I die I'll be send directly to Hell(Jahannam)because I wore bikini several times but Allah knows i couldnt go swimming with a veil!;)
anywayand about her being a goddess beauty i dont know what jordanians say but i've seen her and i tell you she's quite an ordinary woman
i think the matter with her might come from two things first is that she doesnt have self confidence or maybe she's pathalogically proud of herself

Here's the relevant excerpt from the Harper's Bazaar article and interview with Queen Rania:

"When Rania met Abdullah in 1992, she was 22 and working in marketing for Apple Computer in Amman. Her family - who fled Kuwait after Saddam invaded the country, setting of the Gulf War - had resettled in Jordan. Rania joined them after graduating with a business degree from the American University in Cairo, first going to work for Citibank, then for Apple. She wasn't looking for a prince; she was looking to climb the ladder as a businesswoman

But one night she was invited to a dinner party at the home of Princess Aisha, one of Abdullah's sisters. (Aisha's husband had business dealings with Apple and got to know Rania). It's not like it was a fix up, says Rania. The prince wasn't even supposed to be there. "He was on military exercises that weekend. But he had done so well," says Rania, proudly, that he was able to take the weekend off. "So I just happened to be there, and he just happened to be there, and it's just something that clicked."

The courtship was fast - and deliberately clandestine. Rania remembers how they were careful not to go out in public until they were engaged. "There would have been a barrage of rumours and gossip. It would take one hour to be all over Amman!"

Last edited:
Balqis ,aren't we missing the point of her taxi driver?
and what do u expect her to say in her interview yes i was so ambitious and wanted someone wealthy and important coz i think i'm beautiful with a BA from the american university?!!!!!!!!!(though not really impressing)
the words came out of a close relevant of her very close who knew her since a child and know her ambition..
i don't want to talk about this anymore if ur really interested in the truth this is her truth and god knows but if u r working for her in any way then u r free as i couldn't help but to notice that all ur replis about rania even in other threads are so passionate and too documented i mean does any ordinary person keep all this archive electronically saved with him about her and her tours her plans and appointed visits i mean be frank and honest Balqis do u work in the royal court or with rania in any way or u r just an ordinary woman like me? ..plz reply dear balqis.

Doesn't converting from Islam to another religion mean death?

MIRELLA said:
Balqis ,aren't we missing the point of her taxi driver?

I am very sceptical about this taxi driver and his story.

My reasons are:

1. he was supposedly taking her to the bank where she worked, but she was working at Apple computers at the time of her meeting with Prince Abdullah. Now did he get this part wrong or did you?

2. The same taxi driver was taking Rania to work every day?

3. This was a very secret courtship as the Harper's Bazaar article explains. Why would a taxi driver be privy to it?

Sorry you or the taxi driver have not convinced me. If other people buy it that's fine. But I am looking at it from a realistic point of view.

MIRELLA said:
and what do u expect her to say in her interview yes i was so ambitious and wanted someone wealthy and important coz i think i'm beautiful with a BA from the american university?!!!!!!!!!(though not really impressing)

OK, that's what you are thinking. People can make up their own minds as to Rania's motives for marrying Abdullah. How about two people meeting by accident and falling in love? Nothing from what I have read about Queen Rania gives me the impression that she thinks she is at all what you describe above. In fact she is very modest.

MIRELLA said:
the words came out of a close relevant of her very close who knew her since a child and know her ambition..

I have relatives who wouldn't actually sing my praises either. Does that mean I am what they think I am? No, it means that people see what they want to see. There are a lot of people who do know Queen Rania and do not share this view of her. Are they all wrong?

MIRELLA said:
i don't want to talk about this anymore if ur really interested in the truth this is her truth and god knows but if u r working for her in any way then u r free as i couldn't help but to notice that all ur replis about rania even in other threads are so passionate and too documented i mean does any ordinary person keep all this archive electronically saved with him about her and her tours her plans and appointed visits i mean be frank and honest Balqis do u work in the royal court or with rania in any way or u r just an ordinary woman like me? ..plz reply dear balqis.

I am not working for Queen Rania, I assure you Mirella. I think that's quite amusing that you would think that. I am a normal person living in Australia. A lot of people like myself quote online articles. This means that we actually have something substantial with which to support our viewpoints. It's called facts, that little bit of information that makes all the difference. No offence but I don't believe your sources. I think that story from a taxi driver is quite flimsy and that relative - if he or she were a true relative they wouldn't go around saying stories like that. That's my opinion.

Balqis said:
Well that's because it is pretty much all we hear from certain members. It doesn't mean that that's the only thing the Queen is known for and admired for at home or on the international scene. You and others seem to pretty much disregard the information supplied here and elsewhere and focus on only what seems to prove your viewpoint. And that doesn't make it true.

Isn't the point of this thread though to provide alternate views of Rania than someone who spends, spends, spends and dresses in designer clothes? I don't see much in this thread or in any thread related to Rania to provide much information or even images of Rania working hard.

In the Spanish forum no one debates that Letizia works hard. You can see it in the hundreds of images posted of her alongside Felipe of her attending some event, opening, function and meetings. In the Rania picture thread especially, I see more pictures of Rania shopping or carring shopping bags from designer stores.

I wouldn't say that everyone disregards the info provided on Rania's (attempts) at working. Please don't make gross generalizations about that just because a few members may have. Unless you can see every post and every thread I've read it's unfair to say that people are disregarding thing and seeing what they want to believe.

I have read the few (very few) information provided and it doesn't add up to much. At least the workload doesn't satisfactorily equate with the tremendous amount of money spent on clothing, shoes, purses, jewellery and accessories. Maybe if Rania worked as hard as Letizia and lived in a nation where wealth was better distributed the designer clothes and spending could be overlooked but she doesn't.

cute_girl said:
anywayand about her being a goddess beauty i dont know what jordanians say but i've seen her and i tell you she's quite an ordinary woman

I think Rania is quite an ordinary girl who is in extraordinary circumstances and who has access to a seemingly endless bank account which allows her to purchase endless amounts of clothing, makeup and other accessories to make herself look better. Given the amount of money Rania spends on clothing or access to her clothing, jewellery, accessories, makeup, hair stylists and make up anyone could look as good as she does.

cute_girl said:
i think the matter with her might come from two things first is that she doesnt have self confidence or maybe she's pathalogically proud of herself

And the reason I think Rania dresses, accessorizes and carries herself excessively is because she's insecure. Insecure in succeeding in the role of Queen of Jordan from Queen Noor who represented her country so well, insecure in her role as queen in comparison to queens who have proven their worth through their work and commitment to their roles, insecure in her ability to be a leader with initiatives to help her people, and perhaps the way she compensates this insecurity is to dress excessively in order to mask her insecurity and get compliments for her physical appearance because she knows her works can't compare.

If Rania is proud of her excessive spending habits then she should really be ashamed of herself. To spend that outlandishly when you know that the people of your country cannot afford even one Hermes scarf if they saved all their working lives is appaling and if that doesn't induce some shame and guilt than that is definitely a pathological and disgraceful person.

Envy is capable of everything, isn't it!

Genevieve said:
Isn't the point of this thread though to provide alternate views of Rania than someone who spends, spends, spends and dresses in designer clothes? I don't see much in this thread or in any thread related to Rania to provide much information or even images of Rania working hard.

In the Spanish forum no one debates that Letizia works hard. You can see it in the hundreds of images posted of her alongside Felipe of her attending some event, opening, function and meetings. In the Rania picture thread especially, I see more pictures of Rania shopping or carring shopping bags from designer stores.

I wouldn't say that everyone disregards the info provided on Rania's (attempts) at working. Please don't make gross generalizations about that just because a few members may have. Unless you can see every post and every thread I've read it's unfair to say that people are disregarding thing and seeing what they want to believe.

I have read the few (very few) information provided and it doesn't add up to much. At least the workload doesn't satisfactorily equate with the tremendous amount of money spent on clothing, shoes, purses, jewellery and accessories. Maybe if Rania worked as hard as Letizia and lived in a nation where wealth was better distributed the designer clothes and spending could be overlooked but she doesn't.

Gevevieve

STOP SLANGERING HER MAJESTY!!!

Are you a saleswoman in a designer store?

Letizia is not work harder than Queen Rania. Felipe and Letizia have a lot of official duties becasue Lety is a divorced woman and in this way they try to win the Spanish people. However Felipe is her second husband. BTW, Spain is not so wealthy country.

I suggest that the moderators close this thread because some member star slandering again and agian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom