Questions about Princess Basmah and her Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think those are her personal accomplishments, Stella! :flowers: I think that is just the list of entries under "aerobatics", of which someone added her as one of the pilots. As a pilot myself, I note from an article I read that she has one basic aerobatics course that she got last year, which is something any private pilot can take. This means she can do a small handful (maybe 3, which is typical of a basic aerobatics course) of basic maneuvers (aileron roll and a half cuban 8, maybe). I don't at all mean to take away from her accomplishments as a pilot, which are substantial, of course! But she wouldn't be qualified for formation flying or any more complicated maneuvers listed on that wiki page. She DEFINITELY wouldn't qualify for the Red Bull races, or any of the other competitions, for example. That takes serious skills and dedication to aerobatics over many years! (How cool would that be though?)

Last edited:
could be, i think it is interesting how wiki keeps adding information, and how when they firsted had a page about Pbasmah it was mostly wrong, so who knows really. she seems a very private person!

Yea, wikipedia can be pretty unreliable. I've noticed on most wikipedia pages that there is a flurry of activity every time something hits the media and there is increased interest. Though incorrect info tends to be corrected over time. :) But reader beware!

what i understood from Wikipedia is :
she didn't finish her bachelor degree in math ? is it true
also, i wondering what is her mother nationality?

Her masters I think , not her BA.

her mother is jordanian

i see, thank you all to answer my questions

Her masters I think , not her BA.

Princess Basmah did not cpomplete her university studies and has no degree. she attended piloting courses then came to Jordan to work for King Abdallah and Prince Hamzah's Ayla foundation. apart from flying acrobatics she has very weak credentials to offer for someone almost in mid thirties especially in among Jordanians women.

Princess Basmah did not cpomplete her university studies and has no degree. she attended piloting courses then came to Jordan to work for King Abdallah and Prince Hamzah's Ayla foundation. apart from flying acrobatics she has very weak credentials to offer for someone almost in mid thirties especially in among Jordanians women.

wow, that is rather harsh. do you have proof of this?

Stella Dear, the proof is in the video which Princess Basmah is saying herself about her work at Ayla. the second proof is in the article which her sister Yasmin states that she left university to pursue her pilot career. the third proof is that our royal women had both degrees and careers and activities before marriages.there are credentials:Sarah is an american univerisity of egypt grad who worked for Jordanian olympics for years, Rym a sorbonne grad journalist who has a parrion for middle east affairs, Fahdah has a degree and is an artist, Zeina has a degree in Business and is an olympic athlete.Queen Rania studied banking, Queen noor was a harvard graduate architect.they all did community work too. you can check their bio threads on this forum to see what is being said is fact.
the only person who can comment on our posts and ask for proof is Zonk who is the moderator. what is fact is fact nothing harsh about it just because you don't like it.

I don't think those are her personal accomplishments, Stella! :flowers: I think that is just the list of entries under "aerobatics", of which someone added her as one of the pilots. As a pilot myself, I note from an article I read that she has one basic aerobatics course that she got last year, which is something any private pilot can take. This means she can do a small handful (maybe 3, which is typical of a basic aerobatics course) of basic maneuvers (aileron roll and a half cuban 8, maybe). I don't at all mean to take away from her accomplishments as a pilot, which are substantial, of course! But she wouldn't be qualified for formation flying or any more complicated maneuvers listed on that wiki page. She DEFINITELY wouldn't qualify for the Red Bull races, or any of the other competitions, for example. That takes serious skills and dedication to aerobatics over many years! (How cool would that be though?)

thank you for your accurate info.

Queen Noor went to Princeton not Harvard.

no offense intended countess77, i was only asking about the "no degree" comment. and yes, those that you have mentioned are all very well accomplished in their own right. thank you for clarifying.:flowers:

no offense intended countess77, i was only asking about the "no degree" comment. and yes, those that you have mentioned are all very well accomplished in their own right. thank you for clarifying.:flowers:

:flowers: thank you Stella !

Stella , I still not understand ? she not complete her masters not the BA right ??

Burzg Princess Basmah's sister said that Basmah left her university studying maths to take pilot courses. she has not graduated so she doesn't have a BA degree. wikipidia get things wrong, they said she was 26 and had BA in accounting and have corrected it.

So she is 33, older than Hamzah?

Burzg Princess Basmah's sister said that Basmah left her university studying maths to take pilot courses. she has not graduated so she doesn't have a BA degree. wikipidia get things wrong, they said she was 26 and had BA in accounting and have corrected it.
Thanks now I understand :D

So she is 33, older than Hamzah?

yes she born in 1979 :)

i think Hamzah is 33 also ?
so, they in same age

i think Hamzah is 33 also ?
so, they in same age
Prince Hamzah was born in 1980 so he is 32 , Princess Basmah was born in 1979 so she is 33. :)

Thank to answered my question
I hope he is happy

in case any of you are wondering about princess basmah's career and accomplishments prior to marriage, this is from a BBC documentary on the frankincense trail in which she had a small feature. the clip is at 4:50, but i think to get context of what she is doing, look at it about a minute bfore. to bad the interviewer gets her last name incorrect :bang:

The Frankincense Trail - Episode 04: Jordan and Israel - Watch Free Documentary Online - BBC, Robert MacIver, Michael J Lynch, Kate Humble (presenter)

Thank you stella1971 for posting the documentary. It is quite amazing to see how beautiful Wadi Rum is. We have understood that Basma is a pilot!!!! I think she was doing this as a part of her job. I could not see anything special:ermm:

Thank you stella1971 for posting the documentary. It is quite amazing to see how beautiful Wadi Rum is. We have understood that Basma is a pilot!!!! I think she was doing this as a part of her job. I could not see anything special:ermm:

you couldn't see anything special? to me being chosen to be on a BBC documentary is somewhat special, would you not think. i was just trying to show another video of how she is and how she loves what she does.

in case any of you are wondering about princess basmah's career and accomplishments prior to marriage, this is from a BBC documentary on the frankincense trail in which she had a small feature. the clip is at 4:50, but i think to get context of what she is doing, look at it about a minute bfore. to bad the interviewer gets her last name incorrect :bang:

The Frankincense Trail - Episode 04: Jordan and Israel - Watch Free Documentary Online - BBC, Robert MacIver, Michael J Lynch, Kate Humble (presenter)
Very beautiful video thanks stella :D , here Princess Basmah her nose different.

Last edited:
you couldn't see anything special? to me being chosen to be on a BBC documentary is somewhat special, would you not think. i was just trying to show another video of how she is and how she loves what she does.

Stella, I could see your point of view. For me I think she took part in this documentary not only because she is a pilot but also because of her fluent English, and this is absolutely a point to her side. As far as you know, the official language in Jordan is Arabic, so it is rare to find people who can speak English like Basma does – royals and elite people are exceptional. However, I meant by the word " special'' is her achievement. It seems that she left all things behind her just to be a pilot; and this actually explains how much she loves her career. However, Jordan has many women pilots, so she is neither the first nor the last. I could not see her value added in the documentary, but to be fair, if she helped Hamzah to bring the idea of skydiving to Jordan, then definitely she is amazing and we can consider this as an accomplishment. Eventually, I have to say that she has a lovely character :), something we miss in other royals. Again, thanks for posting this documentary.

Back
Top Bottom