Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the Amethyst Tiara would look better as a necklace since it doesn't have the peaks and festoons that one normally sees in a conventional tiara. I also hate the mount it's on; it reminds me of a wire fence. Nevertheless, the stones are stunning and I thought it looked great on Madeleine at the Nobel ceremony; I like the hairband effect.

Last edited:
I would love to see this as a tiara! The necklace is just stunning! You see royal ladies do it all of the time -this one would be beautiful if converted at least just once.

I'm not sure if it would look beautiful. The three pendants on the front would give it a rather unfinished look and without the pendants you would get something like that family's amethyst tiara (which I personally have mixed feelings about).

Now that I think about it, if the color of the stones match well enough this demi-parure might go well with that pink tourmaline tiara the SRF was rumored to have brought back.

The pink topaz set really is stunning! Here is a photo of Queen Silvia wearing the brooch in her hair.

The brooch in the hair is a little odd looking. I don't know if its the positioning of it or if its simply the size of it on her head compared to her head itself. The topaz set is by far one of my favorites in the Bernadotte collection!

I'm not sure if it would look beautiful. The three pendants on the front would give it a rather unfinished look and without the pendants you would get something like that family's amethyst tiara (which I personally have mixed feelings about).

Now that I think about it, if the color of the stones match well enough this demi-parure might go well with that pink tourmaline tiara the SRF was rumored to have brought back.

I was thinking perhaps there could be a way to make those stand as they are a bit odd, however, I still think that if there was a way to make it work that it would stunning!

I too have mixed feelings about the amethyst tiana.

While I give Silvia credit for her innovative use of jewels, I don't like the topaz brooch perched on her topknot like that. It's too affected a look for me. Nevertheless, this suite is magnificent.

Is there anyone if you on here who is open go the challenge of doing the Topaz Parure (spelling) as a tiara on either Hm Queen Silvia or either CP Victoria and or Madeline. I would love to see what it might look like as a tiara and unfortunately my efforts have come up empty due to not being able to have photo shop and iPhoto not doing anything of that nature.

for what state visits has Silvia worn the Bragana tiara?

for what state visits has Silvia worn the Bragana tiara?

Don't know all but Silvia wore the tiara for the first time out of the country in 2007 for a state visit to Denmark. She also wore the tiara when Queen Elizabeth II came to visit Sweden in 1983.

Don't know all but Silvia wore the tiara for the first time out of the country in 2007 for a state visit to Denmark. She also wore the tiara when Queen Elizabeth II came to visit Sweden in 1983.

Until the jordanien State Visit to Sweden some years ago Queen Silvia used to wear the Brfagnca tiara for incoming State Visits from other monarchies. The only time she used it abroad was in 2007 in Denmark but in the Royal Jewels Documentary she said she would not do it again.

The last time the Queen wore the Bragazna tiara was at Victoria's wedding in 2010. I wonder when is the next time we will see it. I also wonder why she never wears the tiara at the Nobels.

Also, the last time we saw the Cameo tiara was when Victoria wore it at her wedding in 2010 but I wonder when was the last time Silvia wore it.

Here are various photos of her wearing the Cameo tiara:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Last edited:
I really like how the Cameo tiara is worn in photos 1 and 3 with the cushion of hair it's nestled on. I think it's best displayed with a full hairstyle.

Last edited:
for the state visit from netherlands she wore the braganza tiara in 1987,

but how about the state visit from spain 1979, danmark 1985, luxembourg 1991, norway 1992, Belgium 1994, japan 2000, jordan 2003 (did not use the braganza tiara), outgoing state visit to denmark 2007 (first and only time the braganza tiara was worn outside of sweden) lusembourg 2008 (did not use the braganza tiara),

I was very suprised to read that the first time the Queen wore the Braganza tiara in public was in 1983 when Queen Elizabeth visited Sweden. For the first seven years as queen, Silvia only wore the Braganza tiara in offical photos.

Here are various photos of the Queen wearing this magnificent tiara:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thanks for the retrospective, CP. That's a beautiful tiara worn so beautifully by Silvia. But when it comes to monster tiaras, my favorite has got to be the fortress of diamonds and sapphires, the Leuchtenberg Tiara.

Here is a great HQ photo of the pink topaz set. Here is another great shot of it. Here is also a photo of Silvia wearing the Leuchtenberg Sapphire tiara for the first time on a state visit to The Netherlands in november 1976. She also wore the Nine Prong tiara for the first time on the same state visit but it's hard for me to find the picture.

Last edited:
Those topazes are monster stones! And I weep with jealousy seeing Silvia wearing the Leuchtenberg tiara with those gorgeous sapphires. What a beauty when she was younger, BTW.

Those topazes are monster stones! And I weep with jealousy seeing Silvia wearing the Leuchtenberg tiara with those gorgeous sapphires. What a beauty when she was younger, BTW.

I could not agree more!

Here are some photos of the Queen's engagement ring:

1 2 3 4 5

I love her ring! It's timeless, elegant, and classically beautiful. I also love that Victoria's engagement ring resembles her mother's.

That's a classic solitaire, and the ruby ring she's wearing with it is quite a stunner as well.

Queen Silvia with the Leuchtenberg sapphires at the new official photos, published with the launch of the special website of king Carl Gustaf 40 years on the throne. Photos by Bruno Ehrs.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
The jewelry is well presented with this gorgeous dress.

Wonderful pictures.

It would be interesting if the Leuchtenberg tiara could be altered such that the sapphires could be altered and replaced with emeralds when required. That would give the SRF a tiara fit to match the wonderful emerald and diamond demi-parure they have.

It would be interesting if the Leuchtenberg tiara could be altered such that the sapphires could be altered and replaced with emeralds when required. That would give the SRF a tiara fit to match the wonderful emerald and diamond demi-parure they have.

Now that you mention it, this tiara did start out with a pearl option (either that or it was originally a diamond-and-pearl tiara). So if the capability to switch the top elements out is still in place, emeralds would be a good choice (as would pearls -- I think the Cameo is the only tiara in the Swedish vaults that contains pearls).

Now that you mention it, this tiara did start out with a pearl option (either that or it was originally a diamond-and-pearl tiara). So if the capability to switch the top elements out is still in place, emeralds would be a good choice (as would pearls -- I think the Cameo is the only tiara in the Swedish vaults that contains pearls).

The possibilities are endless: Pearls, emeralds, rubies, turquoise......

Wonderful pictures.

The original tiara had pearl drops instead of the sapphires and the current (sapphire) pendants are still detachable.
That means, in theory, alternative pendants can be mo0unted into the tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom