Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2009 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One could say this dress was made by a huge spider, but by Margrethe's standards it must be one of her best. :lol: The jewels match the dark yellow teeth perfectly, the dress not so much I'm afraid.

Ughh! Two thumbs waaaaaaaaaaaay down, IMO.

It's unfortunate that she chose to repeat an already too frequently worn dress from 1997 on this occasion, and in addition a design which is not too flattering.
I'm quite certain that the lace overlay is actually exquisite material, but it photographs badly.

Last edited:
I don't like this at all and the necklace was unnecessary with the high neckline.

Royal dominatix comes to my mind, honestly, its so ugly, I appreciate that Margrethe is quite special in her choices but she can do so much better.

Sorry my Queen, but I hate it. The dress & the jewels.

Is it New Year soon?

What a gorgeous purple and I love even more the beautiful pashmina, the colors go so well with the dress. Now this is how you accessorize! The dress is simple in design, but the color is so stunning. One of the better day looks for Daisy I've seen in a long time. Thank you, Iceflower.

Last edited:
You are most welcome, Baroness of Books!

Day 2, April 12, in Rome and a red combination for Queen Margrethe. A strong colour for a strong woman :)
I only dislike the collar and would have preferred a black or white top underneath the jacket:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

I like the colour on the Queen - I believe she's another Ram that can wear red well - but the jacket has an odd shape in general. ;)

That's just not flattering. The colour's great, but it adds bulk to Margrethe's figure that's not really there.

I also wish she wouldn't pull her hair back quite so tight.

Queen Margrethe at an exhibition opening in Rome today, April 13, wearing a combination in light
colours she has worn several times before - I still like it on her:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

You are most welcome, Baroness of Books!

Day 2, April 12, in Rome and a red combination for Queen Margrethe. A strong colour for a strong woman :)
I only dislike the collar and would have preferred a black or white top underneath the jacket:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Is this a new outfit?
Its one of her worst looks. Its quite unflattering & the tailoring is really poor.

I don't like the high pointed collar, though the red looks great on her. The jacket around her hip area doesn't fit well, either.

Is this a new outfit?
Its one of her worst looks. Its quite unflattering & the tailoring is really poor.

I agree it's not the most flattering look on Queen Margrethe, but I do love the colour.
The outfit is not new; the Queen has worn it on a number of occasions over the years. One of the occasions the Queen wore this red ensemble was during the Opening Ceremony of the 121st IOC Session at the Copenhagen Opera House on October 1, 2009.
- The Queen in 2009

Last edited:
Queen Margrethe wore a grey suit for today's Lunch with Monarchs.
The outfit is nice but I rather dislike the tights.
- Full view
- Side view

Last edited:
Queen Margrethe wore a grey suit for today's Lunch with Monarchs.
The outfit is nice but I rather dislike the tights.
- The full view

I thought Queen Margrethe was uncharacteristically subdued in her choice of clothing for the lunch today.

As long as the golden poppies dont show up she can wear whatever she wants.

Not a great look. Gray suit and gray hair are not a good combo on her. And I have to agree about the poppies, please don't let them show up.

She might be saving the poppies for tonight's dinner in some variation or another, so we can't breathe easy yet! And I'm not enthused about the choice of color or the fit of her outfit; she looked washed out.

I dislike the tights too and grey is not her color. This outfit is rather a flop for me (hopefully something brighter tonight).

Too shiny and too close a match to Prince Henrik.

Very dull oufit. Hate it even more with the tights.

Queen Margrethe at a dinner for foreign Sovereigns to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen
Elizabeth on May 18, 2012, wearing a nice recycled dress, she has worn several times before during
the last years:

** Full view **

A lovely dress.
I'm pretty sure I've seen it before at a royal wedding.

:previous:

Yes, exactly. The wedding of Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgestein-Berleburg in June 2011 and another Danish wedding in
September 2011 have been two occasions she wore the dress at, you can find them on the previous pages of this thread.

:previous:
Yes, exactly. The wedding of Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgestein-Berleburg in June 2011 and another Danish wedding in September 2011 have been two occasions she wore the dress at, you can find them on the previous pages of this thread.
That'd be it; I've been looking through Princess Nathalie's wedding pictures just the other day.
Thanks a lot for the information, iceflower! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom