Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip: State Visits to Baltic Republics - Oct 16-20, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonk said:
Great Tiara! HM looks lovely! Is that the First Lady in the Red? I love her dress as well!

Same here. The First Lady is really elegant, I preferred her daytime outfit to the Queen's.

srivishnu said:
The Queen considers her arrival at night as formal but unofficial so The Queen do not wear a hat similiar to when The Queen attends Chelsea Flower Show.Hats are worn at night too but it depends on the function or engagement attended by The Queen.For an example,The Queen wears hat when attending the closing of the Commonwealth Games.
Yes, it was true. And i just add one more occasion when HM arrived in Singapore last March, she wore hat when she arrived at the hotel in the evening.

Lithuania 17.10.2006

BTW, did you know that Lithuanian President Mr Valdas Adamkus is celebrating his 80th birthday on November 3rd.

Photos from Profimedia and Polfoto

ElisaR said:
Hey, she wasn't wearing a hat at the arrival! :ohmy: It's very unsual.​

Two 'no-no'-rules for hats:
- a lady never wears a hat in her own house
- a lady never wears a hat after sundown

Last edited:
On Wednesday 18th October morning, the British Monarch will travel to Latvia and attend the official welcoming ceremony at Riga Castle.
The Duke of Edinburgh will visit St Saviour's Anglican Church to meet Latvian veterans of the Afganistan conflicts before unveiling a memorial plaque and meeting church volunteers and British and Latvian sailors.
The queen will also visit the Museum of the Occupation of Latvia to view a reconstruction of Gulag barracks and a Soviet deportation display, and listen to a performance from the Latvian Youth Choir.
She will then undertakes a short walkabout with the Latvian president.

On Thursday 19th October, the royal couple will arrive at the President's Palace in the Estonian capital of Tallinn for the official welcoming ceremony and exchange of gifts.
The queen will deliver a speech at the state banquet at the House of the Brotherhood of Blackheads.
On the last day, 20th October, the couple will attend a service to commemorate the Royal Navy's role in Estonia's independence and attend a concert entitled 'Estonia Sings' in the Town Hall Square (I believe that it is possible to watch this event through internet too).
The queen and her husband will visit HMS Liverpool warship as well as meet Estonian forces due to serve in Afghanistan.

Latvia 18.10.2006

Britain's Queen Elisabeth II (L) and Latvian President Vaira Vike-Freiberga during their meeting in the presidential palace in Riga 18 October 2006.

Photos from ANP Photo and Polfoto

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth II (L) and Prince Philips, Duke of Edinburg, arrive at Riga International Airport, Latvia Wednesday 18 October 2006

Latvian President Vaira Vike-Freiberga watches as Britain's Queen Elisabeth II signs a Latvian president's memory book in Riga 18 October 2006

from anp

More photos from Latvian visit

Photos source: Profimedia

Queen Elizabeth II and Latvian President Vaira Vike-Freiberga (R) during flower laying ceremony at the Freedom Monument in Riga, Latvia Wednesday 18 October 2006
from anp

Queen Elizabeth II delivers a speech during a dinner at Blackheads House in Riga, Latvia, Wednesday 18 October 2006
from anp
2rx7.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! HM has very nice hats. I love her today state dinner's hat:smartass: :flowers:

Last edited:
Wait a second.. How could she be wearing a hat during a dinner. As a rule hats are only worn during the day, and not a night.. and certainly not at a dinner.... is this perhaps a lunch?

Empress said:
Wait a second.. How could she be wearing a hat during a dinner. As a rule hats are only worn during the day, and not a night.. and certainly not at a dinner.... is this perhaps a lunch?

The 'State Banquet' was held at 1.00pm local time.

HM looks radiant as always :flowers:

StoneCold said:
The 'State Banquet' was held at 1.00pm local time.

Aha! A lunch then! Thanks for the clarification

A bit of trivia -- The President of Latvia is a Canadian.

The bit about hats, the Queen arrived at night on the start of her tour, thus no hat.

The Queen is just radiant! You have to love it when she smiles, she is just beautiful. What a standard this fine woman has set.

Well-said, princess gertrude. I must say Her Majesty has the most beautiful smile in the world- a most recognisable smile over all of Popes, Presidents or movie stars.At her 80th age, there are not many can keep their look a "standard" beauty. And she has always been on right decision what to wear and what not to.An amazing lady!

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Well-said, princess gertrude. I must say Her Majesty has the most beautiful smile in the world- a most recognisable smile over all of Popes, Presidents or movie stars.At her 80th age, there are not many can keep their look a "standard" beauty. And she has always been on right decision what to wear and what not to.An amazing lady!
She always does where very beautiful clothes. They're always so smartly put together. btw I can't believe she's 80!

queen visits Latvia 18.10.2006

Queen Elizabeth II unveils the Armitstead Statue in Riga, Latvia.

Photos from Polfoto

Latvia 18.10.2006

1st photo: Queen Elizabeth II attends a reception in Riga during the State Visit to Latvia, pictured with the President of Latvia.
2nd photo: Queen Elizabeth II receives flowers from a girl at the Freedom Monument in Riga
3rd photo: Queen Elizabeth II of Britain and Latvian President Vaira Vike-Freiberga lay a wreath of flowers during a ceremony at the Monument of Freedom in Riga.

Photos from Profimedia and Polfoto

Estonia 19.10.2006

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philips, Duke of Edinburg, arrive at Tallinn Airport, Estonia on 19 October 2006.

Photos from postimees.ee, delfi.ee and Polfoto

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth II (C) attends 19 October 2006 with Imants Freibergs (L), husband of Latvian President Vaira Vike-Freiberga (R), a farewell ceremony at the City Council square in Riga

from anp

3883118kc2.th.jpg

More images of the arriving to Estonia

from anp

Last edited:
fanletizia said:
More images of the arriving to Estonia

from anp

Queen Elizabeth II with Estonian President Mr. Toomas Hendrik Ilves. Queen is looking very elegant, as always. I love the colour of her outfit.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Estonia's First Lady Evelin Ilves , Britain's Queen Elizabeth and Estonia's President Toomas Hendrik Ilves joke in Kadriorg Palace in Tallinn, Estonia, October 19, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom