Princess Victoria's 1858 Wedding Gown.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

derrydeb

City
Belfast
Country
United States
Hi all. I'm new here. I've always wondered what happened to Princess Victoria's 1858 wedding gown. Has it been preserved? Does anyone know who has it or if it still exists? I've searched the internet to no avail.

Her gown was absolutely beautiful. It would be a shame if it didn't receive the same care that Queen Victoria's wedding gown did. When Kensington Palace had their exhibit of the old wedding dresses in their collection it made me wonder if they also have Princess Victoria's gown too. It would be fantastic if it could be put on display someday.

This is a good question, at first I thought you were talking about Queen Victoria. Princess Victoria's wedding dress was very beautiful, very Gone With The Wind. Perhaps she took her dress with her and it was lost over the years. It's also possible that because she was marrying out of the BRF not much attention was made to what happened to the dress.

In the past it was common in some cultures to cut up the wedding dress to make baptisimal gowns for infants etc. Not sure if the BRF did that or not.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom