Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 3: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A fit for the event, IMO. He is in this photo too, BTW. And I always say we should not critique her level of style without considering the level of effort he took, as well.

I think they are both stinking cute! ?

On Tuesday Princess Sofia watch a reality-based "Cut him" performance

https://instagram.fskg1-1.fna.fbcdn...49_2069473376654037_5481031542811656192_n.jpg

Hair is awful, makeup too heavy and dress does her no favors. It's not a good length on her and by chopping herself at the middle she's made herself look short and boxy.

I'll give her a pass on the tennis shoes as I have recently gotten on others for wearing heels to sports events, but she could have worn something more stylish.

I like the the tennis shoes with the dress, an unusual pairing, but she is so slim it works. The dress is youthful and fits well, she seems to have her figure back after the the two children back to back

Sofia in a black and white dress combined with a black jacket during a meeting with representatives of the National Association Attention at the Royal Palace today, May 22:

** Upper part **

Princess Sofia looking good in a light pink suit at the presentation of medals of merit to Sophia Sisters at the Sophiahemmet in Stockholm today, May 28:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I like the pink outfit...but her hair..ugh.

LaRae

The pants don't work either - what's that outing of ill fitting wide pants now, same for Madeleine a few days ago.

Agree, not liking the wider leg. Not as bad as say some of Stephanie's, but still could be better fitted.

That said lovely color. And I love the upper half of the suit on her. :flowers:

I do wish she could do something else with her hair though.

Upper half of the suit looks good but the trouser's fit isn't the best. I like pale pink color. I wish she would do something else with her hair. Its getting boring to see those curls all the time. Why not try shorter hairstyle for a change?

Wish she had an updo hairstyle with the tiara,other than that Princess Sofia looks very lovely.

Sofia's dress looks too casual to this official dinner, and her hairdo is just awful. Sofia could have recycled some of her nice dresses.

Last edited:
She looks much better with her hair up, but I guess it's a matter of taste. The convertible tiara continues to surprise me. The flexibility it now has makes it a great choice for several looks. A great personal tiara, if there ever was one.

Sofia's dress looks too casual to this official dinner, and her hairdo is just awful. Sofia could have recycled some of her nice dresses.

Could you give us and example of a nice dress? I honestly can't remember that you've liked anything that Sofia has worn since... ever.

Just don't care for this dress...too busy. Not a fan of the hair again.

LaRae

The dress seems fine from what I can see, but the hair is far too sloppy. If you want to wear tiara with loose hair, it best to let it be very slick and sleek, or full of body and movement.

That dress appears to be covered with sequins, and (perhaps) silk embroidery. How can that be considered ‘casual’?

Bad hair and dress..... what a pity. She can do sooo much better!
BYe Bine

It seems as if I'm the odd one out because I actually don't think Sofia's hair is that bad (after having a few glances at the photos) - and I often notice unkempt hair. Her dress is lovely and the shades of purple suit her well.

It seems as if I'm the odd one out because I actually don't think Sofia's hair is that bad (after having a few glances at the photos) - and I often notice unkempt hair. Her dress is lovely and the shades of purple suit her well.

I agree. She’s young, and very pretty, and her hair is shiny and falls attractively
around her face and shoulders.

That hair was just... no.

Some people can wear a tiara with her hair down and still look glamorous (i.e. Princess Madeleine on many occasions), but Sofia's hair volume (or fluffiness?) and centre parting make it much less desirable. The flat hair at the front can't hide the dark base of the tiara, and now it looks the shiny tiara is floating above her head a bit.

The colors of the fabric are pretty but the pattern is way too busy and the sequins are not helping. The effect makes her look short and wide at the hips imo.

The tiara deserves a much better hairstyle, maybe she and her husband should switch stylists, he's got the better tiara hair in this instance. ?

I think Princess Sofia looks pretty darn good, I love the fabric and print of the gown. Her hair.......well she is young and beautiful and that is what young beautiful women do with their hair these days, it is *clean and curled* which is more then some royals ladies do to their hair (not mentioning names here), and I just bet her hubby loves her hair. And for Prince Carl Philip, well he washed his hair and did not pile on the grease, it looks fabulous on him. Both looked charming and happy, that is all that matters.

:previous: Young :ermm: Sorry but clean and curled is not 'young' :lol: Sounds like the advice a mom would give 20 years ago. 'Get out the curling iron dear and look spiffy' ? Just because certain royal women some posters idolize, dress like that, doesn't make it modern or fresh.

There are times for 'curls' and there are times when a proper hairstyle is called for. There are plenty of fresh modern young updos. A tiara calls for one.

The color of the dress is lovely. But way too busy.

:previous: Young :ermm: Sorry but clean and curled is not 'young' :lol: Sounds like the advice a mom would give 20 years ago. 'Get out the curling iron dear and look spiffy' ? Just because certain royal women some posters idolize, dress like that, doesn't make it modern or fresh.

There are times for 'curls' and there are times when a proper hairstyle is called for. There are plenty of fresh modern young updos. A tiara calls for one.

The color of the dress is lovely. But way too busy.

I certainly do not see Sofia as old if that is what is being referred to, she is still young and beautiful IMHO. Clean and curled......did not know there was a book that referred to clean and curled as advice from a mom, to me it is about upkeep of yourself, being clean and since I like curly hair, her curls looked nice to me. Some royal ladies I believe need to take the time to wash their hair at least for it mostly looks dirty to me. Who says (society?) that you should or must wear your hair up for a tiara? Since when does society as a whole tell anyone what to do? And who in society says it has to be modern.....can't she wear her hair the way she wants? I like her hair down or up, she wears it well and I certainly would bet so does her hubby.

I certainly do not see Sofia as old if that is what is being referred to, she is still young and beautiful IMHO. Clean and curled......did not know there was a book that referred to clean and curled as advice from a mom, to me it is about upkeep of yourself, being clean and since I like curly hair, her curls looked nice to me. Some royal ladies I believe need to take the time to wash their hair at least for it mostly looks dirty to me. Who says (society?) that you should or must wear your hair up for a tiara? Since when does society as a whole tell anyone what to do? And who in society says it has to be modern.....can't she wear her hair the way she wants? I like her hair down or up, she wears it well and I certainly would bet so does her hubby.

Where did I suggest she was old :ermm:

I said your advice on what is 'fashionable and young' sounds like what my mother would have told me 20 years ago. Meaning your ideas of what is fashionable is a bit out dated.

As for suggesting a hairdo had to be modern, you did. Do you even read your own posts :bang: You went on and on about how Sofia is just being a 'modern and beautiful' young woman, and that 'clean and curly' is what young and modern women do. I simply said an updo can be modern.

Society doesn't dictate. And no one is dictating. We are simply voicing our opinions. :flowers:

:previous:
I read my post and no where did I say her hair was modern, it is all just a matter of our opinions here, I have heard all my life a person shouldn't do this or that because what society says, so who in the hell is society I ask. Sorry for going off topic here, regardless of your opinion or mine, she will do as she wants, for me, let the hair down for it is *clean, shiny, curly and pretty*....:flowers:

I am “meh” to her tiara and dislike her dress (well I may like it if it's worn by Silvia). If I have a tiara I will not wear it with my hair down, it is difficult for the most ladies to pull off (unless it's Madeleine;))

oh dear, this belongs in the worst outfits thread. terrible dress, terrible hair, a simple blow dry for a tiara, what was she thinking?
just awful all over.

The hair is horrible. If she wanted to have it loose which ui never like with a tiara at last pull it back or make a half updo like the duchess of Cambridge has done a few times.

Lovely dress for Sofia...really like this on her.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom