Princess Sofia is Expecting - Due April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, as far as I know Victoria and her siblings didn't get cakes named after them.

There is the Princess cake, which was named in honor of Astrid (queen of Belgium), Martha (CP of Norway) and Margaretha (princess of Denmark). This cake is often made in bakeries at the time of royal births, and likely were at the time of Vic, CP and Maddie's. The fondant color is changed when it is a prins cake and not princessan cake. The recipe was from a cookbook of a teacher of the three daughters of Prince Carl of Sweden, and was renamed in their honor as they were said to be fans of it.

Be surprised at how many royals of the past have food/sweets named for them. :)

Even the queen mum had a cake named for her:flowers:
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Queen-Mothers-Cake-

Queen Alexandra and her husband were popular for food to be named after. Gateau Alexandra is one
https://translate.google.ca/transla...le-gateau-alexandra-57630375.html&prev=search

So the Swedish men don't feel left out, there is the Gustaf Adolf (the one who died in 1632) cake which is meant to be eaten on his name day in November (I have no idea if anyone still does)
http://swedenroots.blogspot.ca/2012/11/gustav-adolfsdagen.html

Last edited:
The court updated the calendar today, and Sofia has a work event at Sophiahemmet on 31st March.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Gossip magazine Hänt Extra tells in this week's issue about Carl Philip and Sofia having bought pram.

Svensk Damtidning and Stoppa pressarna quote the article and tell that Carl Philip and Sofia bought some days ago an Emmaljunga pram from the children's shop Bonti at Karlavägen in Östermalm in central Stockholm.
- Carl Philip and Sofia were there and bought the pram, a children's bed and a lot of other things. It was a white pram from Emmaljunga. White on top and black bottom, says an informant to Hänt Extra
The model that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia opted is called "Emmaljunga Viking white leatherette", costs around 5,000 SEK and is partly made of leather.
Carl Philip och Sofia har köpt barnvagn – så ser den ut _ Svensk Damtidning
Sofias oväntade läderinköp _ Stoppa Pressarna

Last edited by a moderator:
The information about the festivities around King Carl Gustav's 70th birthday at Vorsten gives the impression that the princess will be present at the festivities as long as her pregnancy allows it. She will be very pregnant.
I think that the child is due April or May

Considering she has an engagement at the very end of March, I'd say at least mid April at the earliest. To be honest I will be shocked if we see much of her at the king's birthday. I don't see her pulling a Maddie at her brother's wedding but could be wrong.

Considering she has an engagement at the very end of March, I'd say at least mid April at the earliest. To be honest I will be shocked if we see much of her at the king's birthday. I don't see her pulling a Maddie at her brother's wedding but could be wrong.

I think she is trying to be there when the whole family is together, as indicated on the agenda. On 29 and 30 April.

The court updated the calendar today, and Sofia has a work event at Sophiahemmet on 31st March.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

How exciting. To me, it means she is feeling really healthy and able. She is comfortable in her maternity.
And that's exactly what I would wish for every Mom to be, were it in my ability to make miracles!

:) I have a feeling you are right and Sofia is following her SIL's footsteps. But then again I usually guess wrong.

:previous: No, no, no, Countessmeout. You must be 100% correct. :flowers: I have a bet riding on this. ;) Ha!

Well for once I was right about Oscar (well the last months I was quite sure) so maybe my skills are getting better.:D

If the baby came today, most of the people wouls surely think it is an April's fool and wouldn't believe the news right away! LOL

Expressen has published a clip from a short interview with Sofia. It was - as you might expect - Johan T Lindvall who met up with her when she came out from Sofiahemmet. It was her last scheduled event before the baby arrives.

Snart kommer prinsessan Sofias kungliga bebis | Nyheter | Expressen

Parts of the interview:

Princess Sofia says that she's had a great meeting with the staff att Sophiahemmet.
- I've been around the hospital and seen their fantastic work.
- I've heard a lot about their ambition, values and what Sophiahemmet stands for. All of that makes me very proud to represent Sophiahemmet.

Johan T Lindvall also asks Sofia how she's doing.
- Fine. Great, in fact. Everything is as it should be.
JTL: May people are asking when the next little royalty will be arriving?
- Well, I understand that people are wondering, Sofia says and laughs. Then she adds: I wonder that too. You can't really plan for this. I hope that it arrives when it's ready.
JTL: How do you and prince Carl Philip prepare to become parents?
- I don't really know how you can prepare for something like that. We're happy and hope that everything will go smoothly and that we're all healthy. That's the most important thing.
JTL: Is it a prince or a princess?
- You'll see soon enough (smiles and leave the interview).

Last edited:
Now I am really getting excited. In 25 days is my birthday and it would be a great gift if the baby will be born on my birthday. But this would be a very busy week for the whole SRF, as the King has 4 days later his birthday.

My birthday is on the 24th. This is a big month for royal birthdays, both in Sweden and other monarchies. (bold are Swedish birthdays)
Princess Emma of Prussia
Prince Carl Christian (son of Princess Birgitta)
Tord Magnuson (husband of Princess Christina)
Leah Behn
Princess Arianne
Princess Tatiana of Lichtenstein
Princess Caroline's granddaughter India
Sibylla Ambler (daughter of Princess Margaretha)
King Philippe of Belgium
Queen Marge
GD Henri of Luxembourg
Princess Eleanore of Belgium
Prince Sebastian of Luxembourg
Count Leopold (grandson of Princess Marie-Astrid and Carl Christian
Prince Georg of Lichtenstein
Queen Elizabeth
Princess Isabella of Denmark
Princess Laetitia Maria of Belgium/Austria Este
Prince Philipos of Greece
King Willem-Alexander
Infanta Sofia
Princess Benedikte
Maude Behn
King CG
Infanta Cristina's son Miguel

Six reigning monarchs (UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Lux,Denmark and Sweden) all have birthdays this month.

Last edited:
You forgot in your list Infanta Sofia of Spain!

You forgot in your list Infanta Sofia of Spain!

Oddly she was the first one on my list :ohmy: She must have got bumped off accidentally:ermm: Thanks, corrected it:flowers:

A few I missed:
Princess Sirindhorn of Thailand
Ubolratana, eldest daughter of the King of Thailand
Prince Tomihito of Mikaso
Prince Jigme of Bhutan (younger full brother of the king)
Princess Haya bint Hamzah (granddaughter of Queen Noor)
Princess Aisha and Princess Zein of Jordan
Princess Iman of Jordan
Princess Muna, Princess Mother of Jordan
Lalla Soukaina of Morocco (daughter of Princess Lalla Meryem)

Last edited:
For some reason I have a feeling that the baby will be born in mid April. I don't know why, it's just a feeling. I'm also excited for the birth - as usual with towards the end of royal forums, I find eyes looking out for any news and updates.

Honestly I hate it but not that excited. Maybe its because we just had the excitement of Oscar:ermm: There has been very little momentum on her either on the boards. Lead up to Oscar we had the count down, and last minute name guessing and gender guessing in February for a 'march' baby. It's already April and not getting the same with this one.

Hopefully he/she is not born/name announced on the 16th. The little future king of Bhutan's name is to finally be announced on the 16th. At least here on our forums, may be some competition for interest.:flowers:

Happy for the couple though definitely. Hoping I am right on the sex.

Due date might be half April as was officialy announced April, but a first child tend to be later.
I would not be surprised if the baby would be born end April or even the beginning of May.
I don't expect her to be present at the festivities for the King's 70th birthday.
In Vorsten there was even the suggestion that she might still be pregnant at the festivities

Anyway glad that there is not that hysteria as there was for the birth of the Cambridge children
I would say: leave it till the announcement of the birth is made.

Last edited:
Its an old wives tale that first babies come late and second early. Babies come on their own schedule. Some women will have early deliveries every baby, some late every baby, some a mix.

Likely why royals like Vic and Sofia give Vague April or March due dates. As long as the baby is born within the month no need to think it early or late. And less likely to have media lining up.

It is not yet scientificaly proven but my daughter, who is a midwife sees that more and more pregnancies end up after 41/42 weeks and especially first pregnancies.
So this is not an old wives tale but an observation, not only made by my daughter but also by her collegues.

I also have the feeling it will be a girl in the end.

Looks like a girl...just saying...

I am pretty sure it is a girl given that the couple was spotted buying female items and we now know for sure those items were not meant for Victoria's second child as speculated at the time.

I am pretty sure it is a girl given that the couple was spotted buying female items and we now know for sure those items were not meant for Victoria's second child as speculated at the time.

I think also that it will be a girl but not because of the pink item.
First of all they both said clearly that they don't know the sex of their child and want to be surprised.
Secondly, if you buy items for yourself you don't let it wrap up as a present, so I think that the little pink item was meant as a present for friends (one of her friends recently had a little baby girl).:flowers:

I think also that it will be a girl but not because of the pink item.
First of all they both said clearly that they don't know the sex of their child and want to be surprised.
Secondly, if you buy items for yourself you don't let it wrap up as a present, so I think that the little pink item was meant as a present for friends (one of her friends recently had a little baby girl).:flowers:

if a girl is confirmed, it will be fun to see that the whole family will be started with a girl, nice coïncidence :flowers:

No sex has been confirmed.
Only when Madeleine expected Leonore it was officialy confirmed that the baby would be a girl

Last edited:
If the little child will set its first steps into the world on 16 April and the Crown Princess will get godmother, Victoria will have two godchildren sharing their birthdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom