Princess Madeleine: Possible Wedding Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be the only person who just doesn't really care for the Connaught. The big loops just don't do it for me, and I feel like the first time Madeleine wore it, it made her head look flat.

It's a nice tiara, just not my favorite. I really do believe she'll stick with the wedding tradition on this one.

I must be the only person who just doesn't really care for the Connaught. The big loops just don't do it for me, and I feel like the first time Madeleine wore it, it made her head look flat.

It's a nice tiara, just not my favorite. I really do believe she'll stick with the wedding tradition on this one.

Actually I kind of agree with you! Personally, to me, it looks like tinsel. But Madeline has worn it before and she looks good with it on, so that is my reasoning behind my opinion.:flowers:

Actually I kind of agree with you! Personally, to me, it looks like tinsel. But Madeline has worn it before and she looks good with it on, so that is my reasoning behind my opinion.:flowers:
Tinsel! Finally someone who thinks the same as I do. I thought the only thing missing when Madeleine wore it were the wings and a wand!!

i know the cameo has tradition, but i think she will not wear it for the wedding. i think its not Madeleine's style and taste and even though King CG sisters wore, Vicoria is a future queen and the cameo might start being' used for future queens only.
we shall see.

but i want to see a tiara that Madeleine hasn't wore yet.
I'm with you on this one. I think Madeleine tends toward a more feminine and frilly style and the Cameo needs strong features to carry it off. Add the obligatory lace veil and I think poor Madeleine will be swamped.

On the same theme, the Connaught is a very light and fairytale type tiara and the historic lace veil would literally bury it. So . . . I'm voting for either something we haven't seen her wear before or the Fringe.

Tinsel! Finally someone who thinks the same as I do. I thought the only thing missing when Madeleine wore it were the wings and a wand!!

I'm with you on this one. I think Madeleine tends toward a more feminine and frilly style and the Cameo needs strong features to carry it off. Add the obligatory lace veil and I think poor Madeleine will be swamped.

On the same theme, the Connaught is a very light and fairytale type tiara and the historic lace veil would literally bury it. So . . . I'm voting for either something we haven't seen her wear before or the Fringe.

That's exactly it!!! It looks like a fairytale tiara!!! But that style would suit Madeline, I just don't think the cameo fits her personality.

:previous: With the Connaught and Charlene's ethereal type of veil, she would indeed look like a Fairytale Princess.

Perhaps that is what is needed. Victoria looked majestic and regal so perhaps it is for Madeleine to be who she is and not a pale imitation of her mother (a Queen) and her sister (a future Queen), but Madeleine, a fairytale princess (just for the day)!

:previous: With the Connaught and Charlene's ethereal type of veil, she would indeed look like a Fairytale Princess.

Perhaps that is what is needed. Victoria looked majestic and regal so perhaps it is for Madeleine to be who she is and not a pale imitation of her mother (a Queen) and her sister (a future Queen), but Madeleine, a fairytale princess (just for the day)!

That's actually quite a nice idea. I like that concept for her.

Maybe she won't wear a tiara at all. Maybe if she marries in a church that has its own traditional wedding crown she will wear it. One of the kings sisters did just that, Margarethe I believe when she wed John Amber.

Here is wedding video

PRINCESS WEDS JOHN AMBLER - British Pathé.

Last edited:
Maybe she won't wear a tiara at all. Maybe if she marries in a church that has its own traditional wedding crown she will wear it. One of the kings sisters did just that, Margarethe I believe when she wed John Amber or possibly Desiree.

It is very exciting that right after the beautiful wedding in Luxembourg, Madeline got engaged!!! Cannot wait!!!

The Baden Fringe is beautiful, but I don't think she will wear it since Queen Victoria of Sweden wanted the tiara to be only worn by Queens and Crown Princesses. Even though the King's sisters have worn it. I think the Baden Fringe would be a very great wedding tiara.

The Baden Fringe is beautiful, but I don't think she will wear it since Queen Victoria of Sweden wanted the tiara to be only worn by Queens and Crown Princesses. Even though the King's sisters have worn it. I think the Baden Fringe would be a very great wedding tiara.

Interesting, I did not know that. Excuse my ignorance, but what is the reasoning behind that?

It's also Crown Princess Victoria's signature piece, so I doubt it'll be the one.

^^^^
Some Swedish churchs had their own wedding crowns which brides who married in that church could use on their wedding day. Margarethe married at the church near Solliden on the island of Oland and chose to wear the church wedding crown.

PRINCESS WEDS JOHN AMBLER - British Pathé

I think it looks more like a barbed wire fence, myself:whistling:

Why not make the Cyclops the center of a brand-new tiara that would be her very own?
(I really don't much care for any of those tiaras, they all look too large or too skimpy, imo).

I would be surprised if Madeleine wore the Connaught tiara at her wedding, she has only worn it once earlier at Victoria's wedding, so I would be surprised if she wore it again. I also think the Cameo, traditions aside, is really not one that would work for her. Where does that leave us? Modern fringe, which is think really works for Maddie could be a contender, as could the 4 or 6 button tiara, which I think she carries of very well. Alternately, there is always the chance that her parents get her something new for her wedding, they assemble a tiara from existing jewels in the family collection or the foundation.

I would be surprised if Madeleine wore the Connaught tiara at her wedding, she has only worn it once earlier at Victoria's wedding, so I would be surprised if she wore it again. I also think the Cameo, traditions aside, is really not one that would work for her. Where does that leave us? Modern fringe, which is think really works for Maddie could be a contender, as could the 4 or 6 button tiara, which I think she carries of very well. Alternately, there is always the chance that her parents get her something new for her wedding, they assemble a tiara from existing jewels in the family collection or the foundation.

Yes!!! The fringe would look spectacular!

During the last few years the fringe has been exclusively and frequently worn by Victoria. I think that it will stay reserved for the Crown Princess.

The modern fringe was worn so often by Madeleine, that it wouldn't be special enough for her wedding day, imho.

One of the button tiaras? Please, only if they decide to design a really nice new setting for some of the buttons.

Madeleine already wore the Connaught tiara. Therefore I think that she never intended to wear it for her own special day, or she would have saved it.

During the last few years the fringe has been exclusively and frequently worn by Victoria. I think that it will stay reserved for the Crown Princess.

The modern fringe was worn so often by Madeleine, that it wouldn't be special enough for her wedding day, imho.

One of the button tiaras? Please, only if they decide to design a really nice new setting for some of the buttons.

Madeleine already wore the Connaught tiara. Therefore I think that she never intended to wear it for her own special day, or she would have saved it.

Maybe Queen Silvia is hiding an unknown tiara that she will bust out for Madeline!! LOL

I think and i hope it's very likely that we Will see Madeleine in the Cameo tiara at her wedding. As she will likely never be our first lady her wedding will probably be her only chance to wear it.

If she want's an another tiara i vote for the baden fringe tiara . It would look lovely as a wedding tiara.

I did not liked the connaught tiara at Madeleine at Victorias wedding. Silvia and Christina are the only of the current royal ladies i think suits in the connaught tiara.

I think and i hope it's very likely that we Will see Madeleine in the Cameo tiara at her wedding. As she will likely never be our first lady her wedding will probably be her only chance to wear it.

If she want's an another tiara i vote for the baden fringe tiara . It would look lovely as a wedding tiara.

I did not liked the connaught tiara at Madeleine at Victorias wedding. Silvia and Christina are the only of the current royal ladies i think suits in the connaught tiara.[/QUOTE

IMO, Queen Silvia looks good in all tiaras - she just has that way about her!

I'm thinking she'll go for the traditional wedding cameo tiara.

I think with the right dress she could totally rock the Cameo tiara. I think she'll figure out a way to make the wedding look her own while keeping with the Cameo.

I also think Madeleine will wear the Cameo Tiara. And I bet she will make it work. :)

I think Madeleine looked beautiful in the Connaught tiara at Victoria's wedding and would love to see it on her again!

I believe that princess Madeline would look nice in using the Connaught tiara as a brisk tiara, or Luke I posted earlier will wear the bridal tiara that her sister and mother wore.

I also think Madeleine will wear the Cameo Tiara. And I bet she will make it work. :)
Madeleine even made the four-buttons tiara work for her. So I'm also convinced that she can carry of the Cameo.
She has a great sense of style, great hair, and she knows how to do a tiara. Whichever tiara she chooses, it will be stunning.

Madeleine even made the four-buttons tiara work for her. So I'm also convinced that she can carry of the Cameo.
She has a great sense of style, great hair, and she knows how to do a tiara. Whichever tiara she chooses, it will be stunning.

Yes, if anyone can make the button work it is Madeline!

Ok - here are my thoughts:
with Madeleine still being blond, the Cameo tiara would never work.
It is really interesting, how dark her hair is getting by now....

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Large pics

...one hint, that she will go for the Cameo?

Baden fringe - is the signature piece of Victoria, so not very likely
Connaught - I would love it, I thought she really looked nice at her sisters wedding, but maybe also a hint, that she will not wear it now
Contemporary - this is really HER signature piece, but would you wear on your wedding day what you have worn several times before?
Aquamarine Kokoshnik - it is still in the family - owned by Princess Margaretha
Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara « Knowing The Royals
I am sure, it would look stunning on Madeleine, but I guess the chance is rather small

So - most likely the Cameo I would say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom