Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that the royal court dont know WTF Madeleine is actually doing and how she is getting her money.
I think they know, at least for the money part, but they don't want to tell the truth. :whistling:

I would like to see the pic of Madeleine with Sofia published in today in Expressen. Perhaps one of our swedish members could upload it ? :flowers:

The court has a new comment about Madeleine and the apanage on their website:
Kommentar med anledning av artiklar om Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation
This is the first official press release from the Palace regarding the matter, and IMO it should actually have been the Palace's only reaction, instead of various cantadictory phone conversations of PR Chief Ternert with various tabloids.
Now it will hopefully be the last statement made.

It's time to fire Bertil Ternert or let Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg educate himin how to be the press chief to the royal court. My patience with him is running out. The monarchy is not something we can take for granted in Sweden so it is very important that the information department is doing a very good job.

It's time to fire Bertil Ternert or let Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg educate himin how to be the press chief to the royal court. My patience with him is running out. The monarchy is not something we can take for granted in Sweden so it is very important that the information department is doing a very good job.
He should have been fired long time ago. King's interview last year, bragging about Sofia H., Madeleine's appanage...just to mention a few big fails on his side.

The court has a new comment about Madeleine and the apanage on their website:
Kommentar med anledning av artiklar om Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation

This is exactly how I always thought (and said here) how this whole affaire is handled. Madeleine isn't doing anything wrong, gets only appanage-money when on royal duties (even if they're only a few) and lives of private money all the other time. All this fuss has been about competely nothing.

Let's wait and see what's next. Maybe a secret engagement with Chris? Eloping to Las Vegas? Bonding and becoming best friends with Sofia? :whistling: :lol:

I'm really curious what's next. :D

This is almost funny, the court has put Madeleine to visit every organisation she has had some contact to: Today she visited SOS Children's Village Head Office. Next week she visits Min Stora Dags head office, BRIS (Children's Rights in Society) head office and Save the Children head office. All these events have been put to her calendar today, so they have been planned in a hurry.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

A agree with you really it's funny

Well, they had to do something, and I for one am glad they did.
Hopefully, Madeline's public engagements in Sweden will help to if not resolve than at least mute the issues with her lack of activity in the country.

This is almost funny, the court has put Madeleine to visit every organisation she has had some contact to: Today she visited SOS Children's Village Head Office. Next week she visits Min Stora Dags head office, BRIS (Children's Rights in Society) head office and Save the Children head office. All these events have been put to her calendar today, so they have been planned in a hurry.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

DAMAGE CONTROL :D Somebody must have really become concerned about the recent headlines. YES, SHE REALLY DOES WORK FOR SWEDEN AND DESERVES HER APANAGE!

The way this whole mess has been handled is a nightmare! The RF need a new PR person ASAP. Personally I believe Madeleine either needs to live a private life in New York and forget about being Royal in her own right as much as possible (not being paid by apanage, no diplomatic link, no public work) or becomes a "full time" royal in Sweden. It seems to be she is trying to have her cake and eat it - I want the good bits of being royal with the very occassional public duty in return. Do one or the other, both is impossible.

Do one or the other, both is impossible.
As a matter of fact, both is very possible for almost every younger sibling of heirs to the throne in all the Eropean monarchies.
I find it quite odd that Princess Madeleine appears to be given a hard time because of making choices in life which are being made by others in her position as well, without anyone considering them to be so controversial.

As for the Bernadotte's PR situation, IMO 'nightmare' is unfortunately the right word...

DAMAGE CONTROL :D Somebody must have really become concerned about the recent headlines. YES, SHE REALLY DOES WORK FOR SWEDEN AND DESERVES HER APANAGE!

At least they understood the seriousness of the negative media attention.... and they are doing something against it! Better than nothing!
BYe Bine

I am glad the Royal Family, and Madeleine in particular, understood the seriousness of the situation. Hopefully, with more official engagements in Sweden, the Princess will be able to put the negative press behind. :)
The thing is, Madeleine is and will always be Princess of Sweden; unless she relinquishes all her titles and styles, she has to do engagements on behalf of the Crown.

Artemisia said:
I am glad the Royal Family, and Madeleine in particular, understood the seriousness of the situation. Hopefully, with more official engagements in Sweden, the Princess will be able to put the negative press behind. :)
The thing is, Madeleine is and will always be Princess of Sweden; unless she relinquishes all her titles and styles, she has to do engagements on behalf of the Crown.

Well, many Royals who are not heirs keep their titles and only do the occasional duty (the Spanish Infantas, the younger Dutch Princes, similarly in Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, etc). I think the issue with Madeleine is that she's working for her mother's organization. If she were seen to be earning her living independently and without the possibility of receiving taxpayer money for apparently doing very little, I doubt people will complain about the title.

The Princess really looks good there in the pic. There's always going to be something impeccable, incomparable and highly unique about the mystery of such a woman. It's like there's a kingdom when just peering into her eyes, where one can respect the idea of the free and fathomable in her preferences. She's a wonder by birth and so is her journey. I hope to keep seeing her smile like there and bringing it for us unto another day.

Princess Madeleine is just so pretty. I adore her hair. The images are lovely, she has such a nice, genuine smile.

Princess Madeleine She Looks Beautifull and Simple , But I Think The Blond Color Hair Looks Better On her Than Brown , But Dark Hair also Nice & Suitable on her face

Expressen about the criticism towards Madeleine and that she has got some work events last and this week:
The princess takes the opportunity to do some things now that she is at home in Stockholm,. Some things are not really public. But there have been some criticizing because it has been too little about her business. Now we have taken the initiative to publish more information as you can see what the the princess does, said Bertil Ternert, director of the information department.
The royal expert Sten Hedman, however, is skeptical of court claims that it is only the information about Madeleine's commitments that will change.
- It is obvious that the family has responded to the criticism. Now she has so to speak, started working for the company. I believe that the King has stressed out something, which he really had to do, says Sten Hedman.
- I do not know how long Princess Madeleine staying in Sweden. But there are a number of days still, says Bertil Ternert.
Hovets svar på kritiken mot Madeleine | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Loved the recent pictures of Princess Madeline, thanks for posting! love seeing her in Sweden.....

It's so wonderful to see back home. I hope she is enjoying the time with Estelle and her family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom