Princess Eugenie of York News and Pictures 2: March 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Eugenie looked bizarre in photos before/after the church service. Maybe it was just the way the pictures were taken but she looked to me too animated and over-the-top. Maybe she's on medication or something. Also, her 1960s dress-coat made her look pregnant.

Well, I guess there is nothing wrong appearing "animated" when you're 16 years old and you're with your family on Christmas Day at an essentially private function - church at Sandringham. :)

In my opinion,the York girls have no fashion style whatsoever at this stage - their choices are unflattering and very often not suited to the occasion. Hopefully that will come with maturity as few of us are stylish at their age. Way too many belts, lapels, layers and trimmings. Vertiginous high heels look cheap on them also. They do not have the blessing of a chic mother to guide them, as I'm sure many British couturiers would be only too happy to dress them.

Chrissy57 do you agree with foiegrass that Princess Eugenie is smartest of the young royals?

as I'm sure many British couturiers would be only too happy to dress them.

A few years ago, a well-known- well, I can't remember exactly what she was, but some sort of fashion advisor- turned down Sarah's request to help guide the girls with their fashion. Basically, she said they were too far gone!

:D Surely at their tender ages, they can still be influenced and are not too "far gone" fashion-wise?!

I predict that, in a few years, when they manage to extricate themselves a little more from their over-the-top mother who regards herself and her daughters as "The Tripod", we shall see more individual choices in clothing style from these princesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
HighGoalHighDreams said:
A few years ago, a well-known- well, I can't remember exactly what she was, but some sort of fashion advisor- turned down Sarah's request to help guide the girls with their fashion. Basically, she said they were too far gone!

I find this hard to believe. Though I don't doubt it. IMO it just shows poor business sense. After all, these are two royal princesses. Imagine the publicity this fashion advisor could have generated for his/her self by properly dressing them. They're teenagers and they're probably just getting a feel for their own sense of style, like all teenagers do. I don't always care for what they wear but they are not "too far gone." What sort of comment was that? Ignorant and rude, I say.

The lady gave her name, so I think she felt she was helping rather than hurting her business. Frankly, I wouldn't want to be thought responsible for what they wear. :flowers:

HighGoalHighDreams said:
The lady gave her name, so I think she felt she was helping rather than hurting her business. Frankly, I wouldn't want to be thought responsible for what they wear. :flowers:

But wouldn't you want to be known as the person who really turned the princesses style around? I'd think most designers would want the challenge. Maybe not. The girls don't dress that bad, though. Maybe the designer didn't want to get involved with all the drama that always surrounds members of the BRF, usually through no fault of their own. As someone has said, I believe, it'll be interesting to see how they blossom when they're finally more out on their own and not so much under Sarah's direct influence.

Maybe Bea will get a since of fashion if she comes to a US university. I know this is just a rumor.

kpusa1981 said:
Chrissy57 do you agree with foiegrass that Princess Eugenie is smartest of the young royals?

As we really don't know all her results compared to her older cousins that is a hard call to make at this stage.

When we have her A level results and can compare them to Peter, Zara, William, Harry and Beatrice we can make a better judgement but I would certainly put her up there with William and Peter. Harry seems to be the least capable academically (and that doesn't mean anything negative as he has other strengths and has made it through Sandhurst which is no small academic achievement), with Beatrice also having her struggles due to dyslexia and coping with that.

Bella said:
But wouldn't you want to be known as the person who really turned the princesses style around? I'd think most designers would want the challenge. Maybe not. The girls don't dress that bad, though. Maybe the designer didn't want to get involved with all the drama that always surrounds members of the BRF, usually through no fault of their own. As someone has said, I believe, it'll be interesting to see how they blossom when they're finally more out on their own and not so much under Sarah's direct influence.

Most of the time their 'style' or lack of it is appalling. I would imagine she realised that until Sarah was not involved in purchasing their clothes, or trying to wear them, it would ruin her image.

Imagine,, she has persuaded them to wear certain styles and 3 months later Sarah guides them to yet another fashion disaster, she would get the blame. There are some people that just can't be helped! :lol:

sarah should've taken the help when it was offered. these girls have no sense of style at all. i don't find either of them particularly nice looking. their hair always looks like they just rolled out of bed and the clothes they wear are too revealing or just plain unimpressive...just like most styles are today. someone help these girls...it's never too late.

oops sorry. i still don't think they're at all nice looking.

Duchess said:
sarah should've taken the help when it was offered. these girls have no sense of style at all. i don't find either of them particularly nice looking. their hair always looks like they just rolled out of bed and the clothes they wear are too revealing or just plain unimpressive...just like most styles are today. someone help these girls...it's never too late.

They don't always look bad. And the past few pictures of them I actually think they looked pretty good. Beatrice's hair is usually just down, sometimes pulled to the side or curled a bit. Certainly not looking like she just rolled out of bed. I still say they're teenagers coming into their own sense of style and what's comfortable and what they actually like. Let's see if we're all having this conversation about their fashion faux pas in 5 years.

lady_windsor said:
There are some new pictures of Beatrice and Eugenie with the rest of the family at Sandringham on boxing day. they can be found at
http://isifa.com/result_ed.php?pagenum=2&search_id=565850

Thank you for the link. But as always I think they look pretty weird. Eugenie is dressed so grandmotherly that the queen looks chic and young compared to her and Beatrice's hat, while nice enough, has no style connection to the rest of her ensemble.:ermm:

sirhon11234 said:
What exactly is boxing day?

that kind of boxing day more traditional for British people have more respectives after christmas i didnt know about that

cowarth said:
When does she take her A-levels?
I think that Eugenie will be taking her A-levels next year when she reaches Year 13. Her sister Beatrice will take hers this summer

ysbel said:
When I was in Germany, it was called St. Stephen's Day.

It is St Stephen's Day but it also is referred to as Boxing Day. When it falls on a Sunday we have the readings relating to St Stephen and always sing Good King Wencelas (which relates more to St Stephen than to Christmas with the line 'On the feast of Stephen - meaning that the events are actually taking place on the 26th December).

Becuase the term Boxing Day has taken over in countries like Britain and Australia et. al., the fact that it is also St Stephen's Day gets lost, except among those who actually attend church on a regular occurance and where the church does actually acknowledge the different saints.

One article said Eugenie was more academic and Beatrice has dyslexia.

Both are true, but not the reason they went to seperate schools. Those are reasons they went to their specific schools. :cool:

As a teacher I very much believe that parents need to try and find the school that is right for each child and that is not always the same one.

In this case I think that the Yorks got it right, just as I think that Charles and Diana may have made a different decision for Harry had Diana been alive but once she died Harry needed to be nearer his older brother so Eton came into the picture for him.

In other words the child, and the individual circumstances, and the school need to be considered, where and if possible, to do the best by the child. For Royals, where money isn't a problem they can easily match each child with a school that will suit the individual needs and interests of the child, which is why I believe that the Yorks sent the girls to different schools - because the schools suited each girl better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom