Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant News and Events 1, Oct 2019 - Feb 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a nice gesture for her to go and sign the book, as most likely she won't be attending the funeral (apparently it has been asked delegations, if possible, to reduce to only 2 persons at most their presence).

What a beautiful photo of the Duchess!!!

Elisabeth looked stunning, the whole look is perfect.

What an elegant and beautiful young Royal! Duchess Elisabeth represent her Country well. Her parents are proud for sure!

I would have to agree. 'Princess Elisabeth' seems to have sprung upon us almost out of nowhere, She is a credit to her parents in every way, her deportment is impeccable and behaving with grace and dignity beyond her years, comporting herself with both kindness and respect. Her earrings are beautiful and I cannot imagine that wearing them was anything other than a tribute to the late Queen who wore the same style as everyday earrings in her later years.

Princess Eliabeth did a wonderfuill Job and looked perfect. Has she ever meet Queen Elizabeth II? I guess not.

I would have to agree. 'Princess Elisabeth' seems to have sprung upon us almost out of nowhere, She is a credit to her parents in every way, her deportment is impeccable and behaving with grace and dignity beyond her years, comporting herself with both kindness and respect. Her earrings are beautiful and I cannot imagine that wearing them was anything other than a tribute to the late Queen who wore the same style as everyday earrings in her later years.

Very well said, and I could not agree more with you, @MARG.

Princess Elisabeth signs the book of condolences at the residence of the Ambassador of the United Kingdom, in tribute to Queen Elizabeth II.

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/rouwregister-ter-ere-van-koningin-elizabeth-ii

“Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has been a role model & a source of inspiration for many of us, young & old. I join the millions around the world in memory of an extraordinary personality, whose exemplarity has had a profound impact on young generations”

Her full message

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FceE7tFWQAIy2pp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Such a beauty and so appropriately dressed for the occasion.

It looks pretty. Wonder when we'll get an official picture of the picture.

An overview of Elisabeth’s life in 10 videos by VRT.
BEKIJK - Van schattige baby tot st...l/2022/10/24/elisabeth-21-jaar-in-10-beelden/

She looks absolutely STUNNING!
I love these photos

This is a thread about Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, News and Events Please keep this thread on topic .Any future Off Topic Posts will be deleted without warning!

Last edited:
The Torpids is the biggest event of the Oxford Rowing calendar, it's held yearly over the course of 4 days. There's nothing quite like rowing there.

Elisabeth seems to be having a blast. Good for her! :queen2:

Last edited:
Elisabeth seems to be having a blast at university, she's always been pretty athletic so no wonder she actually went from the second team (W2, last year) to the first (W1) this year.

:previous:

Thank you! ? The photo set has been released by the Palace today:

** instagram gallery ** twitter thread ** facebook post **

Princess Elisabeth will again participate in the summer camp of the Royal Military Academy in July. In preparation for this, she followed a catch-up weekend in Leopoldsburg in March.
�� The KMS has recently changed weapons and now uses the Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle (SCAR). The Princess and the students who had not yet fired with this new weapon were able to practice with the SCAR for the first time during this weekend.

How does this work? Unlike her comrades, she didn't participate in the full training but only in a few field exercises after completing her fist year. Could anyone become an officer by completing the first year and doing some additional training on days off?

How does this work? Unlike her comrades, she didn't participate in the full training but only in a few field exercises after completing her fist year. Could anyone become an officer by completing the first year and doing some additional training on days off?

I don't know if they qualify as "anyone", but her cousins Prince Amedeo and Prince Joachim also became officers after only a year of full-time training.

I checked out their website: it seems that they indeed offer the option for those studying for a Bachelor's degree on a 'civil university' to take up military training during their vacation/holiday periods and become an officer in that way. They will even pay for your university studies, however, the requirement is that you will continue your career in the military. If you don't, you'll have to pay them back.

However, it seems you need to complete your Bachelor's degree to become an officer and Elisabeth only completed her second year, so I would assume she'll have one more year left at university... So, I am not sure how she'll be able to become an officer this year (unless they don't require a Bachelor's degree but only a minimum number of credit points and count her first year at the military school towards her minimum number of credits.

Last edited:
I checked out their website: it seems that they indeed offer the option for those studying for a Bachelor's degree on a 'civil university' to take up military training during their vacation/holiday periods and become an officer in that way. They will even pay for your university studies, however, the requirement is that you will continue your career in the military. If you don't, you'll have to pay them back.

However, it seems you need to complete your Bachelor's degree to become an officer and Elisabeth only completed her second year, so I would assume she'll have one more year left at university... So, I am not sure how she'll be able to become an officer this year (unless they don't require a Bachelor's degree but only a minimum number of credit points and count her first year at the military school towards her minimum number of credits.

I know you are a native Dutch speaker and I apologize if I am overstepping, but are you certain that is what it says? From what I can make out, the article appears to be more about how a military officer can obtain a civilian university degree, rather than how a civilian university degree holder can qualify as a military officer.

I know you are a native Dutch speaker and I apologize if I am overstepping, but are you certain that is what it says? From what I can make out, the article appears to be more about how a military officer can obtain a civilian university degree, rather than how a civilian university degree holder can qualify as a military officer.

Feel free to ask! As far as I am aware Elisabeth is not yet a university degree holder. She is a student at Oxford University and parallel to her studies she is continuing her military training. Which is very similar to what is described here. You can apply for military training, even if you do not intend to do the full three year military course; instead you can combine it with university studies and in that way both obtain your civilian degree and your military rank.

The website is clearly aimed at recruiting people to the military by offering them various opportunities next to doing their full education/training at the military academy, including the opportunity to study at a 'civilian university' while taking their military courses on their days off. That seems to be exactly what Elisabeth is doing... She did one year of military training and continues taking her military courses while studying for her degree and will become an officer in the next few months. Had she not been the future queen, she most likely would have stayed employed with the military while undertaking her studies. They will only become either an underofficer or officer after undergoing the required training.

The various options on the same page are:
- the first: 'gratis studeren' (aimed at those who still have to start their university/college) --> showing that you can either do your full (undergraduate) studies with the military or combine your military studies with a civilian degree;
- the second: 'gratis verder studeren' (for those that already started a regular degree but consider joining the military);
- the third: 'voortgezette opleidingen (in the military you will keep taking courses depending on your career path and postings);
- the fourth: 'derde graad defensie en veiligheid' (a new option since 2021 for those still in secondary education).

Last edited:
Elisabeth will swear her officer oath this fall, she has already finished her military summer camp:

If it is the regular military oath, it should be as follows:
Dutch: Ik zweer getrouwheid aan de Koning, gehoorzaamheid aan de Grondwet en aan de wetten van het Belgische volk.
French: Je jure fidélité au Roi, obéissance à la Constitution et aux lois du Peuple belge.
German: Ich schwöre Treue dem König, Gehorsam der Verfassung und den Gesetzen des belgischen Volkes.
In English (unofficial translation): I swear allegiance (fidelity) to the King, obedience to the constitution and to the laws of the Belgian people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom