Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 7: November 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH DEAR, biker jacket, shoulder beads do not work at all for me. Experiment gone wrong. I agree its one of the worst looks. I am not surprised Charlene tried something else at this particular event, Caroline has done it before and got it wrong, too.

I really love Charlène but wrong make-up, wrong hair, wrong outfit !

I love the jacket but not suitable for this kind of event.

There is too much beading on the dress for my liking. Charlene has wider toned shoulders (like most swimmers) but the beading across them makes them look huge.

This years Rose Ball was Frocky Horror show!

I wish someone would get hold of Charlene and tell her what not to wear. From head to toe, this whole look is awful! :bang:

Very bad outfit. She urgently needs a stylist as she is done wrong quite often lately.

That's so funny, An Ard Ri, and right on target! The ladies just didn't get it right and I don't know what Charlene was thinking wearing that outfit. Biker jacket would have looked fine with the appropriate motorcycle and leather pants, and that highly ornate choker collar and beading is definitely a design Bob Mackie would be proud of. If that were eliminated, the gown would have looked really nice with some lovely bling that I'm sure Charlene could have dug up out of her jewel chest.

That begs the question: I wonder why she'd go overboard with this type of OTT ornamentation when she's reluctant to wear beautiful jewels that wouldn't scream as loudly as this? And this is the lady who barely wears any jewelry.

Last edited:
Baroness of Books,

You are so right!!! When Charlene has all these gorgeous jewels to wear, and Giorgio Armani read to dress her.... how can she step out like an actress in horror comic movie?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the jacket but not suitable for this kind of event.

There is too much beading on the dress for my liking. Charlene has wider toned shoulders (like most swimmers) but the beading across them makes them look huge.

I wish that the gown had a jacket or wrap made for it. Does anyone know who designed it?

I was surprised to read it was Ralph Lauren, it looked like something Kaiser Karl would come up with.

Costum Ralph Lauren LINK :flowers:

Thanks and I can't imagine that RL advised that the jacket and gown with beaded embellishments were to be worn together. If this was a fancy dress ball the dress would have worked. Charlotte and Beatrice wore couture gowns that looked Haute couture and were suitable. I liked the leather jacket and the gown without the beading.

Last edited:
I'm so disappointed. The jacket is chic but not with this dress. The dress is way too much and when she's seated, it looks like it's way too tight. Not liking the look at all. The hair and the make up are way over done for this dress. The dress doesn't need any more embellishment from hair & makeup.

That is a brilliant description! :lol:

All that money these people have and they manage to look like sweet transvestites from Transexual, Transylvania. :ermm:

Hmm . . . having looked at the last decade I have decided that the ladies of Monaco have made a pact to see who can look the most bizarre.

Either that or it has become a tribute to Ralph, Karl, et al, ability to convince otherwise intelligent women that a really tasteless, tacky or garish gown is in fact the ultimate in haute couture. Worse, they actually believe them and wear them.

Charlene: OK, how was she convinced to wear all that beaded tat around her shoulders and neck when she normally goes minimal to zero jewellery?

Caroline: Really, a bolero and weird skirt that makes her look desperately "mutton dressed as lamb", rather than drop dead gorgeous?

Charlotte: She, the epitome of chic elegance wearing a frou frou little girl baby pink monstrosity and even her lipstick clashed?

What is this? Mass hypnosis?

Maybe we just don't understand high fashion. I certainly don't. For me the question should be: Is it appropriate, it is pretty. does it flatter my figure.

I think Charlene's outfit at the Rose Ball was possibly her worst look yet,I know the theme was Beauty & Pop gala thanks to old Mr Lagerfeld!

I think Charlene's outfit at the Rose Ball was possibly her worst look yet,I know the theme was Beauty & Pop gala thanks to old Mr Lagerfeld!
Yes, I'm totally with you on this. I don't think we have seen a full length photo of the dress minus the jacket, but I can't believe it will improve matters.

I loved the gown...very dance hall girl-ish. The cropped mac would have been happier at home, but the dress was fab. I think Kate would look great in the dress!

Without the biker jacket the gown was actually quite nice.

The dress could be really beautiful-with the proper hair and makeup. But her makeup looked wan, her hair was a non-starter...

And the jacket? All I can say is 'huh?'

I am unable to imagine what conversation one would have wth oneself prior to deciding to wear the leather jacket over that evening gown to the Rose Ball the gown itself was fine nothing amazing IMO but the jacket OMG.
I did however like her makeup and at least she wore some lovely earrings.

Costum Ralph Lauren LINK :flowers:

The dress itself is very beautiful. I also loved the red version of it from the link. But the princess doesn't know how to make the most of it which is in itself challenging as one would think that you can't go wrong with such a dress. But obviously the Princess has proven to us that you can.

The dress itself is very beautiful. I also loved the red version of it from the link. But the princess doesn't know how to make the most of it which is in itself challenging as one would think that you can't go wrong with such a dress. But obviously the Princess has proven to us that you can.

I'd say you can't go wrong with the red dress which is kind of too basic and boring IMO, but Charlene's version is very risky, and I love that she took such a risk and that she followed the theme, some reader in my blog told me at the man who started SBM was called Francois Blanc, that's why Charlene's gown was in blanc (white).

I'd say you can't go wrong with the red dress which is kind of too basic and boring IMO, but Charlene's version is very risky, and I love that she took such a risk and that she followed the theme, some reader in my blog told me at the man who started SBM was called Francois Blanc, that's why Charlene's gown was in blanc (white).
Why honour a man who started SBM? That is like honoring Mr. Hilton for starting the Hilton hotels. She probably wore white for the same reason as many on the red carpet. It is in.

At first I thought Charlene looked terrible, but compared to some of the others, I guess she wasn't so bad.
Did Charlotte steal that dress from Bjork and dye it pink? It looked just like Bjork's swan dress!
And Caroline looked like her dress was made from upholstery.

Princess Charlene at the Rose Ball today, March 23, wearing a special white dress - the jacket is a breach of style, but therefore daring and striking.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part without the jacket **

What's wrong with Charlene's sense of style? She doesn't seem to have one at all. Her outfits are either boring or very unattractive. She seldom gets it right (or at least close to right).

I have no idea who advised her to wear what she wore, but she should definitely never listen to that person again.
The biker chick jacket / ball gown / Roman gladiator combination was the worse I've seen on her so far.
For someone who is claimed to be a minimalist and not fond of jewelry she put on quite a bit of it (even if it's fake and part of the dress). Also, I am still waiting on the glamour she said she was bring back to Monaco. If that's her attempt, I would suggest she stops...

A horrible look. It could have been quite a nice dress, but she managed to destroy it with all the wrong additions.

Hair and make-up completely to not match the dress, maybe the make-up matches the biker jacket, but the hair is off either way.

What's wrong with Charlene's sense of style? She doesn't seem to have one at all. Her outfits are either boring or very unattractive. She seldom gets it right (or at least close to right).

I have no idea who advised her to wear what she wore, but she should definitely never listen to that person again.
The biker chick jacket / ball gown / Roman gladiator combination was the worse I've seen on her so far.
For someone who is claimed to be a minimalist and not fond of jewelry she put on quite a bit of it (even if it's fake and part of the dress). Also, I am still waiting on the glamour she said she was bring back to Monaco. If that's her attempt, I would suggest she stops...

A horrible look. It could have been quite a nice dress, but she managed to destroy it with all the wrong additions.

Hair and make-up completely to not match the dress, maybe the make-up matches the biker jacket, but the hair is off either way.

I think you're being a bit harsh. Her sense of style is avant grade, not traditional. I think she can and should make better choices, too, but we have to recognize that we're dealing with different rules with Charlene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom