Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I adore the cream suit. It looks fantastic on her. Wouldn't change a thing. The Taupe/bronze dress is not my favorite. It's not Charlene at all. I just don't think the dress would look good on anyone. I actually love the color on her though and the fabric is very nice.

I think Charlene's caramel suit was fabulous. Original, elegant and the perfect length. Love the gloves and shoes.

The evening dress was beautiful but I think the harsh makeup clashed with the sublte colour of the velvet and made both seem to clash with each other.

Her daytime make up was so perfect I have a hard time understanding the need to apply thick black eyeliner that looks like it has been applied with a trowel!

I wish she wore a tiara to save that horrid outfit!

What an awful dress, not helped by the horrendous make up and what seems to be gallons of wax or grease in her hair. Although I have to say that, for me, Charlene's outfits are generally overshadowed by the fact that she looks unhappy and uncomfortable almost all the time.

Horrendous velvet dress and wrong choice of colour.Akris design and colour palette rarely flatter her(except her daytime outfit,which I think was gorgeous)...and coupled with the horrible eye make-up,she ended up looking like a vampire at the opera house,argh!

Last edited:
I love the gown - I think it suits her figure . Agree the eye makeup is unflattering & pretty scarey in the closeup. Although the earrings look lovely, I was hoping for some more bling.

That's exactly what I thought.
I don't like these black eyes. And I would have loved more bling bling.

I love this gown and her whole look, very chic IMO. Color is tough to wear but its a stunning gown.

I loved the daytime outfit but dislike the velvet gown. My thought was that the top was too bulky for Charlene, I didn't like the color for her and the harsh makeup is not a good look at all. I also didn't care for all that goop in her hair.

Last edited:
I don'y lilke the colour of the velvet I think that is the problem IMO I love her nails with it though, and the makeup is gorgeous.

Don't know what to think. Maybe a tiara would have helped here. The colour is not one of the best and the fabric is very heavy for an evening gown.

Hope so much to see the Lorenz Baumer tiara one of these days.....:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Her daytime outfit was lovely but missing was a hat or headpiece.

Evening gown went wrong, the style, the slit and the longer back part didn't work well. The color was even worse to start with, it was not her color nor is it a color of someone of her age.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the dress. With tiara and sash it would have looked good, I think. Don't like her hair and make-up.

What a gorgeous beige wool peplum cape/jacket charlene is wearing.
Also love the long gloves.

http://i41.tinypic.com/34g3pt0.jpg

I don't really like the outfit mostly due to the fact that I don't like beige/peach. But Charlene does look immaculate and to the people who complain about her hair they should be happy about this style. She looks so chic.

Very chic outfit Charlene is wearing.

The suit is so Japanese royal style - Empress Michiko wore lots of similar designs. Perhaps Charlene got the inspiration during her audience with the Empress.

I think Charlene's caramel suit was fabulous. Original, elegant and the perfect length. Love the gloves and shoes.

The evening dress was beautiful but I think the harsh makeup clashed with the sublte colour of the velvet and made both seem to clash with each other.

Her daytime make up was so perfect I have a hard time understanding the need to apply thick black eyeliner that looks like it has been applied with a trowel!

THIS. Her daytime outfit and makeup were sheer perfection..all she needed to do for evening was apply an extra coat of mascara and fresh lipstick!

Her evening gown was beautiful, hair and makeup not so much. :ermm:

I like the grey/black suit, chic & professional. The little black dress is superb!

It looks like I am the only poster who doesnt like the cream daytime outfit, I find it horribly oldfashioned, hate the visible zipper and the cape around the arms. The skirt is pretty but doesnt really match.

To say something positive, great shoes!

The evening outfit looks great but I dont like the fabric and the colour. Horrible eye make up.

All in all quite disappointing compared to what Charlene can pull off!

The beige outfit for the Monaco national day is absolutely beautiful. Chic, elegant and so very classical. I do love cape style jacket. What a lovely look for Princess Charlene. I just feel she could have done something a bit more interesting with her hair to compliment the outfit.

Last edited:
:previous: agree about the hair. It wasn't a good style for the outfit.

I love the beige outfit, including the shoes, on Charlene. It was a nice look.
Are these jacket-capes still fashionable?

I think capes are in fashion now. I was looking for one but most of them were too light for Polish winter.

I think Charlene looked fine for the Monaco National Day. I like the beige outfit. The cape is really chic (I've been seeing a great deal of them around lately, so must be the latest fad).

Thanks for replying, Agami.pearl! :flowers: I thought capes were already out, my bad! Too much beige lately, I'd like to see more colour on Charlene. ;)

I agree that Charlene should wear more colors. Sometimes the beige makes her look washed out. And I don't get why she doesn't wear tailored pants as well. Maybe I am out of the fashion know --- are loose pants back in or did they never leave?

As far as jeans are concerned I'd say loose pants are pretty old fashioned.
But I don't know what Armani or Akris would say about this :D

I see flared trousers and jeans a great deal. Here, in the States, stores like Macy's, Lord & Taylor, GAP and Bloomingdales carry them. While shopping for appropriate interview attire, I noticed that it's a lot harder to find trousers than jeans that are straight-leg or skinny. My business-casual wardrobe is mostly bootcut trousers.

As for Charlene, she looked lovely in the beige pants/sweater/coat combination. However, for variety's sake, some of those items could have been black or grey.

I like beige as long as there's a dollop of accent color which Charlene's outfit badly needs. The cape style is a nice touch, but how much more beautiful the look would have been if that or her turtleneck were in a complementary color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom