Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 15: February 2017 - January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene is stunning, her gown is great and her hair are more longer , it changes all

As usual Charlene is the epitome of elegance. Her make up and hairstyle are flawless!!

Wow! Charlene is rocking it. I love the gold and silver detailing on her dress, it's very pretty.

Wonderful bodice, but some stunning earrings would work better than these studs. Great to see a 'proper' ball gown!

Gorgeous gown on the Princess and looking elegant and polished,her best outfit in awhile.

Sorry not a fan. :sad:

I have never understood before when someone has said 'they look too Hollywood', until now. I actually thought for a moment, Charlize Theron looks nice (I think they look a lot alike). I know its a celebrity event, and I love Charlene has a more modern vibe, but this just doesn't do it for me.

Not at all a fan of this.

LaRae

Charlene is very elegant for this pre event of the PGA

No need to look like a princess of fairy tale.

To morrow, it willl be the gala of Princess Grace Awards

It is sweltering hot here in L.A., 103 degrees yesterday and "cooling off" to about 95 today!:ohmy: I am happy to see HSH bare her famous shoulders.

As for the outfit, I don't love it but I don't hate it either. Princess Charlene has a style all her own, separate from all the other Royal women.

As melinapremiere posted let's wait for The Princess Grace Awards tonight to see Charlene in full effect. Between Charlene and her niece Charlotte(also rumored to be attending) the other women will be fortunate to even get their pictures taken!:lol:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, for me, she rarely looks royal. She leans toward the flashy or edgy.

LaRae

:previous:That's been true occasionally since she had the twins, but there was a period of about 2-3 years when Charlene of Monaco had no fashion equal in Royal Europe.

She can still knock it out of the park, but not as consistently as before. I have no idea what happened.:sad:

:previous:That's been true occasionally since she had the twins, but there was a period of about 2-3 years when Charlene of Monaco had no fashion equal in Royal Europe.

She can still knock it out of the park, but not as consistently as before. I have no idea what happened.:sad:

I agree, she so often just looks like a celebrity with no regal air at all. It's a shame because she used to be consistently elegant. Those tight trousers and corset are cheap and tacky looking and inappropriate for an official engagement IMO.

Yeah I think maybe only 2 or 3 times since she's had the twins have I thought she really dressed the part.

I don't know what happened...but I hope she gets done with this phase and goes back to being elegant/classy

LaRae

(..) The outfit is tacky except for the diamond bracelet

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, Princess Charlene dressed for the occasion - a Ralph Lauren show. If she had worn that outfit at a non-fashion related event, then it would be unacceptable.

I actually like it, again, because the outfit matched the event

The color is stunning. And I love the style on her, beautiful :flowers:

But the material I don't know, not liking. It looks like some odd mix of sequin and leather in the lighting. Not sure which one it is. Not a fan of it.

Gorgeous!

The neckline reminds me of her wedding dress.

Great style and colour, not liking the material at all, looks like rubber!

Nice colour and great earrings but the dress looks a bit plastic like so over all mixed feelings,has worn better in the past.

[....]

I must have missed that period in which Charlène trumped of all other royal ladies in Europe.
:whistling:

Gorgeous!

The neckline reminds me of her wedding dress.

She looks as stunning as I have ever seen her. I hardly noticed the material for the great color and style.

BRAVO CHARLENE!!

Great color! Finally she's back to the more elegant side of things.

LaRae

Oh! P Charlene looked amazing. A really lovely colour on her, simple style-I agree, the neckline does remind me of her wedding gown - and a perfect fit. I like the way her hair is styled too. P Albert must be proud as punch to have her by his side!

A little too skin tight for my taste. Plus OTT makeup makes her face look different.
No jewels to speak of, a miss in my book except for the hair.

The dress is amazing and yes, I think the neckline has echoes of her wedding gown. Her hair and earrings are gorgeous but the "smokey eyes" look more like a racoon.

The dress is actually called "Charlene" and is by Ralph Lauren. I think it may be called that because of the neckline?

Princess Charlene Wears Ralph Lauren to the Princess Grace Awards 2017 // The Royal Couturier

I like it a lot better now I know it's made of sequins and not some odd leather looking material. I thought it might be sequins after seeing photos of her on the stage at the awards ceremony because it looked quite sparkly then. The only mystery is why she isn't wearing Dior. I do like this dress but after sponsoring the event I don't think the people at Dior will be happy she didn't wear one of their gowns.

Thanks RoyalCoutourier, for this info. The Princess always looks good in Ralph Lauren,!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom