Princess Caroline Pictures: 70s & 80s - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another of Caroline at the picnic, from my personal collection. I took this one too!

Carolineatpicnicwithbrother.jpg

I'm glad you all liked my pics!! :flowers: :flowers:
Ianna, you are right, on your pic from 1976, Caroline indeed looks a bit like a beautiful porcelain doll :) Thanks for posting and thanks for sharing, iloveroyals too.

A pic from the 1970s:

(BUNTE)

Ianna.,iloveroyals and Iceflower, beautiful pictures you post:flowers: :flowers:
I think Caro at that time was really amazing!! Here is one were she looks a little like Charlotte ;)
Ajoven1151160437297.jpg

(polfoto)

From my clipping:cool:
(pdv)

Imagem035JJ1160437540.jpg

Imagem041a1160437623.jpg
Imagem041b1160437690.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful pics, flowerpower! Thanks a lot!
Here are two pics from 1985: Caroline opened a boatshow in London:

(Royalty Monthly)

I'm really enjoying these pictures - thanks everyone. :)

I was wondering if anyone has a picture/s of Caroline at her wedding eve ball in 1978? She was wearing a white diagonal dress by Dior, I think it was, trimmed with red. If anyone could post, especially a full length photo, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. :flowers:

Avareenah said:
I'm really enjoying these pictures - thanks everyone. :)

I was wondering if anyone has a picture/s of Caroline at her wedding eve ball in 1978? She was wearing a white diagonal dress by Dior, I think it was, trimmed with red. If anyone could post, especially a full length photo, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. :flowers:

If I am correct the dress you a referring is from Rose Ball 1979:)
here’s the link:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/395525-post98.html

Yes -- that is it -- I wonder why I thought Caroline's dress was from her wedding eve ball? :ermm:

Thank you very much, flowerpower, it's just what I wanted! :)

Avareenah said:
Yes -- that is it -- I wonder why I thought Caroline's dress was from her wedding eve ball? :ermm:

Thank you very much, flowerpower, it's just what I wanted! :)
You're welcome Avareenah :flowers: am glad that is the one!!:)

flowerpower said:
You're welcome Avareenah :flowers: am glad that is the one!!:)

Thanks again, flowerpower! But this has got me thinking now -- what DID Caroline wear to her wedding eve ball?!!

Avareenah said:
Thanks again, flowerpower! But this has got me thinking now -- what DID Caroline wear to her wedding eve ball?!!

They had a wedding eve in "Maxims" the famous paris restaurant. I dont think that it was really the "eve" but it was part of the wedding celebrations. Do not forget that Rainier & Grace did not want this marriage, so they did not give an enormous glamour to it.
I will try to find a pic and I will post.

The party at Maxim's was given in May 1978 by Lynn & Oscar Wyatt.

The pic someone posted last week from ebay has a caption on it's side that says that Caroline and Phillipe celebrated the night of their civil wedding at the Hotel of Paris in Monaco, maybe the pic posted sometime ago of Grace, Caroline, and Stephanie inside a car is from that ocassion and not from 1979's Rose Ball (where she wore the same dress).

This pic makes me think that maybe the pre-wedding Ball was held the night before the civil wedding. The only picture from this event that I've seen is that of Caroline with her parents and Phillipe.

Thanks Ianna, i had never seen those pics,i love especially the 80´s ones, that was her best decade.

You're most welcome rosana and tigerlilly!:flowers: ;) I love 80's pics, too!

Very nice pictures, she was so different those days, there is a different to Charlotte same age, the Monaco life is so changed...

brother said:
interesting, I may say that charlotte these days doesn't look like caro in her twenties, she looks like the more mature version of her mom.

I've noticed that too -- not that I look at many pictures of Charlotte. She and Caroline really don't look particularly alike if you look at pictures taken of Caroline at the same age. Caroline had a fuller face, to begin with.

In the same way Charlotte as a young child did not look particularly like her mother, as she grows older, the resemblance most can see now may disappear also.

Agree totally, Jaya. As one of the world's richest women, Caroline could have all the plastic surgery she wants but she is obviously comfortable turning 50, she looks lovely and I applaud her for this.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom