Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does work for Richard, but I didn't think he was that close to the royals.
I can imagine, Branson is capitalising on this relationship for his own personal gain.

Capitalizing on anyone for personal gain is one thing Richard Branson does not need to do. Like JK Rowlands, Branson is a rags to riches story (I've read excerpts of his biography on his website and its quite interesting.. been meaning to get the book) but both the author and Branson are not looking to anyone else to boost themselves egotistically or financially. They don't need to.

As far as the royals go, I believe the younger set such as William, Harry and the York girls are good friends with Branson's children Holly and Sam. It is very possible that it is this connection as to how Bea met Dave in the first place. I'm just surmising here.

Capitalizing on anyone for personal gain is one thing Richard Branson does not need to do. Like JK Rowlands, Branson is a rags to riches story (I've read excerpts of his biography on his website and its quite interesting.. been meaning to get the book) but both the author and Branson are not looking to anyone else to boost themselves egotistically or financially. They don't need to.

As far as the royals go, I believe the younger set such as William, Harry and the York girls are good friends with Branson's children Holly and Sam. It is very possible that it is this connection as to how Bea met Dave in the first place. I'm just surmising here.

Do you mean JK Rowling?
The Harry Potter author.

I know he is a rags to riches story but he still has to stay at the top. And if you had an employee dating royalty I'd try and capitalise. I never said anything about ego, but every business man is always finding new ways of making money.
William and Harry are friends with the children, but not neccesarily with Richard or his company, which is what I think was being referred to. Fromw what I read, William introduced them at some club.

Do you mean JK Rowling?
The Harry Potter author.

I know he is a rags to riches story but he still has to stay at the top. And if you had an employee dating royalty I'd try and capitalise. I never said anything about ego, but every business man is always finding new ways of making money.
William and Harry are friends with the children, but not neccesarily with Richard or his company, which is what I think was being referred to. Fromw what I read, William introduced them at some club.

Yes. I was referring to JK Rowlands author of the Harry Potter books.

You've got a good point there on the business angle and from what I know Richard is a shrewd businessman. He also seems to be a good friend. It was in the news that he flew Sarah and the two princesses to his Necker island
for a private getaway. Although there was much said about Sarah firing all her employees and then running on a posh vacation, as Branson owns Virgin airlines and the island, it was an act of friendship very similar to anyone offering a bit of peace to a friend. I think I like this man.

In the UK self-made men are not as admired as they are in the US, in fact they can sometimes be looked down on as "new money" that is by "old money" and the landed gentry and the aristocracy.
Being a friend of the royal family in the UK is a feather in anyone´s cap and Branson must be over the moon that he has finally made it through his children and now an employee is actually dating a member of the family.
I am sure that whatever David asks for from his boss will be immediately taken care of.
At least this is the impression I get.

Yes. I was referring to JK Rowlands author of the Harry Potter books.

You've got a good point there on the business angle and from what I know Richard is a shrewd businessman. He also seems to be a good friend. It was in the news that he flew Sarah and the two princesses to his Necker island
for a private getaway. Although there was much said about Sarah firing all her employees and then running on a posh vacation, as Branson owns Virgin airlines and the island, it was an act of friendship very similar to anyone offering a bit of peace to a friend. I think I like this man.

But it's not Rowlands. It's Rowling.
Oh yes I couldn't agree more that he is a genuine friendly person, Dave is suppose to be a very important person in the Virgin business, so I can imagine he takes care of Dave and Bea.
Branson can afford to send Bea and her family on a holiday, Sarah cannot.

But it's not Rowlands. It's Rowling.
Oh yes I couldn't agree more that he is a genuine friendly person, Dave is suppose to be a very important person in the Virgin business, so I can imagine he takes care of Dave and Bea.
Branson can afford to send Bea and her family on a holiday, Sarah cannot.

Sheesh I love following you around and posting. :flowers:

Thanks for the correction on Ms. Rowling. I should have known that having all the HP books but just not enough caffeine in the system yet this morning.

I never considered the "new" money versus the "old" money angle and the class structures in the UK. Being a British citizen, Branson would be well aware of that.

Keep my spot warm. I'm heading to Michigan in a short while here for my youngest son's wedding. I'm sure to have a lot of good reading waiting for me on my return!

Sheesh I love following you around and posting. :flowers:

Thanks for the correction on Ms. Rowling. I should have known that having all the HP books but just not enough caffeine in the system yet this morning.

I never considered the "new" money versus the "old" money angle and the class structures in the UK. Being a British citizen, Branson would be well aware of that.

Keep my spot warm. I'm heading to Michigan in a short while here for my youngest son's wedding. I'm sure to have a lot of good reading waiting for me on my return!

Sorry, it's just i'm on holiday at the moment, and to be honest I have nothing else to do except post on here.
Congratulations to your youngest son, you'll have to PM about the brides dress. :)

IMO Branson "rates" for want of a better word, better than Sarah. Sarah has only got the money she has left, because she was once a royal. From what I can see, she hasn't really tried really at anything in her life.

Whereas Branson is the true rags to riches story, he's earnt every penny he's got because he has that desire to do good.
But he is still a business man, who is always finding new ways to make money, and the fact that his children have a relationship with royals, he will capitalise on that.
He would know about "old" money vs "new" money and his would be new money. :flowers:

Muriel are you referring to the US? That's funny if you were. It's 2 weeks if you're lucky - with holidays you can probably eke out an extra five days.

I was referring to the UK, in response to a post by an overseas poster

I believe the British get about 6 weeks or more vacation time. I know that the US get fewer holidays than many other countries.

Typically 4-5 weeks vacation per year is normal for most employers in the UK.

the minimum holiday that your avrage joe gets in the uk is equel to 4 of your working week plus bank holidays. it usually works out at about 20 days unless you are a teacher or student. some companys add days for however long you`ve worked their and some peapole can end up with more .

Being at Uni, Beatrice probably get's 7-8 weeks.
Seeing as Beatrice is at uni she will probably get bout 6 weeks in the summer 2 weeks at christmas and easter and probably 3 half terms that are a week long, thats about 13 weeks, teachers and anyone who is in school or collage get these aswell. although i may be wrong!

on a diferant note Bea`s figure looks great though the white bikini bottoms are :eek::ohmy:wrong

In the UK self-made men are not as admired as they are in the US, in fact they can sometimes be looked down on as "new money" that is by "old money" and the landed gentry and the aristocracy.
Being a friend of the royal family in the UK is a feather in anyone´s cap and Branson must be over the moon that he has finally made it through his children and now an employee is actually dating a member of the family.
I am sure that whatever David asks for from his boss will be immediately taken care of.
At least this is the impression I get.

Just what a British person with a title needs, a spouse with money. Ask Sarah.

Her Highness is becoming more and more beautiful. Her duties will increase soon. You'll see it.

Beatrice still has a year of university to do yet, I don't think I see her stepping up anytime until 2012, maybe The Queens Jubilee.

Here's a question: HRH the Princess Royal had some foreign orders she received when she was 22. Beatrice is 22, would she be entitled to receive the same orders (such as Luxembourg's Order of the Oak Crown) or are they reserved for the daughter of a sovreign?

Last edited:
That would be up to each foreign country to decide. I doubt Beatrice is likely to receive any foreign orders, though, as she doesn't accompany the Queen on foreign trips as Anne often did at that age.

From the bottom of this article: Stephen Bates's diary - Gonzo Media
✒Spotted, by a Guardian spy on board an easyJet flight to Málaga: Princess Beatrice. Things must be getting tight at home. When do you think her dad, Prince Andrew, will start flying by budget airline and save the taxpayer some money?
Since we've had reports of both Andrew and Sarah being somewhere in Spain, it sounds like maybe the whole family is there together.

From the bottom of this article: Stephen Bates's diary - Gonzo Media

Since we've had reports of both Andrew and Sarah being somewhere in Spain, it sounds like maybe the whole family is there together.

Sarah and the girls are definately in Spain. I read one spanish newspaper reported that a private jet dropped Andrew off in Spain after his holiday in Sardinia, this was the day before Beatrice's birthday so maybe he was at least joining them for that weekend.

Did you also read some report about Andrew being in Spain?

Sarah and the girls are in Spain, Andrew was supposedly not joining them because he was ashamed of what Fergie had done, and was choosing to go elsewhere for the rest of his holiday.

Sarah and the girls are in Spain, Andrew was supposedly not joining them because he was ashamed of what Fergie had done, and was choosing to go elsewhere for the rest of his holiday.
So. . .he goes and cavorts with a gal half his age. . . . :whistling:

So. . .he goes and cavorts with a gal half his age. . . . :whistling:

Pictures of him with a girl "rumoured" to be dating against his EX wife being bailed out by her EX mother-in-law after trying to sell her husband to the papers.
I know which one I think is worse. ;):)

Pictures of him with a girl "rumoured" he's rumoured to be dating against his EX wife being bailed out by her EX mother-in-law after trying to sell her husband to the papers.
The rumors of the rumors of the rumor mill are flying! HA! :D

Pictures of him with a girl "rumoured" to be dating against his EX wife being bailed out by her EX mother-in-law after trying to sell her husband to the papers.

R Palmer (Daily Express) says 2 spanish papers and one daily in the philopeans reported the private jet dropped him in Spain.

I think I prefer him spending time with his own twenty something daughter rather than making a complete fool of himself with some
(twenty something) totty on the yachtey (and he did look an idiot in those photos).
If Sarah is there as well so be it, they really have to find a way forward because the current situation isn't good for anyone.
Believe me not defending what Sarah did for a moment, but after that surely the last thing the girls needed was Daddy's embrassing holiday snaps.
I really have admired the way Andrew and Sarah have put their daughters first since their split, but at the moment they deserve a lot better from the both of them.

You have no idea what Beatrice and Eugenie think about the pictures taken of Andrew and Alexandra, maybe they're happy that their father is smiling. They're no where near as embarrasing as it would have been to see the pictures of their mother having her toes sucked when they got older.

I don't disagree with him spending time with his daughters on holiday, but even a family holiday with Sarah is going to be tense and uncomfortable after everything.

You have no idea what Beatrice and Eugenie think about the pictures taken of Andrew and Alexandra, maybe they're happy that their father is smiling. They're no where near as embarrasing as it would have been to see the pictures of their mother having her toes sucked when they got older.

I don't disagree with him spending time with his daughters on holiday, but even a family holiday with Sarah is going to be tense and uncomfortable after everything.

Yeah point taken, of course that's one way of looking at it.
I just think most girls wouldn't like seeing their Dad in the papers with a girl half his age, and the less said about Sarah's photos the better.

As for a family holiday, maybe after 3 months the dust has settled a little between them.

Obviously no one contributing here knows the family, but we can all have our opinions, that's what the forum is for, and we can agree, or we can agree to disagree.
I'm new to all this but I do be surprised with how personal some people take it all (whether you like or dislike Sarah).
I don't make this point with anyone in particular in mind, it's just most of the posts seem so personal that you'd swear we knew the Yorks.

What is this thread about....oh yes....Beatrice's Current Events.

Let's try to stay on topic.

Sarah and the girls are definately in Spain. I read one spanish newspaper reported that a private jet dropped Andrew off in Spain after his holiday in Sardinia, this was the day before Beatrice's birthday so maybe he was at least joining them for that weekend.

Did you also read some report about Andrew being in Spain?

The report you mentioned was posted here (maybe you posted it) and that's what I was referring to. It was Beatrice's birthday last week, that's why I thought that the family might have been celebrating it in Spain like they did last year. Is it really that unbelievable that they might take a holiday together as a family after everything that's happened? We know the girls have forgiven Sarah enough to go on vacation with her, and Andrew's spokeswoman has said he's very supportive of her.

When you're a royal at a trendy pop festival it does well not to draw too much attention to yourself.
Princess Beatrice did an excellent job at blending in with the crowds at the V Festival at the weekend.

Dressed down in a denim jacket and flimsy hippy frock, the princess and her boyfriend, Dave Clark, were among 155,000 who turned out to enjoy this year's event.

Read more: V FESTIVAL 2010: Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark blend in with the crowd | Mail Online

Lucky them, wish I was going to the festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom