Princess Anne Interviews & Documentaries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Looneyhum

City
Vienna
Country
Austria
Hello everybody, I´d like to know if there are some members who own some interviews of HRH Princess Anne? I like the way she´s expressing her thoughts and would like to find more "learning material". I have only seen the ones that have been put on youtube (Wogan, Parkinson..) and wanted to ask if somebody owns different interviews? I know for example that she did at least one for Blue Peter and then there´s of course the documentary "Royal Family"? How can I get to see them?

Best wishes,
Jana Schiemann

Nobody? I need to see some more videos...I found out that there also has been an interview on "This Morning", a show on ITV, maybe somebody can tell me where I can find it or taped it from tv?

Have you tried YouTube? Its a great source and you probably find what you're looking for. Good Luck!

In the documentary The Royal Family At Work, Anne appears talking about her intro in taking on official duties. There is also the documentary done for her 60th birthday. Both are on YouTube.

yes, already done that....who did tape it from tv???

Hm, I have already found and watched all of the videos on YouTube, my hope was that some of the members on here are video and tv buffs and might have recorded one or another interview from tv then....like the one the Princess Royal gave on a show called "This morning"? And there´s this rare documentary from 1968 I think with the name "Royal Family"....The Queen didn´t like it and Princess Anne said she can´t remember enjoying any part of it...but for the sake of history and personal opinion I´d like to watch it myself...so I´m especially looking for them and as I said....Princess Anne also appeared on the Blue Peter children´s programme, I don´t know what she did there, but that would be easy to find out at the internet...

So maybe somebody could provide me with at least one of the talked about appearances?

Hm, I have already found and watched all of the videos on YouTube, my hope was that some of the members on here are video and tv buffs and might have recorded one or another interview from tv then....like the one the Princess Royal gave on a show called "This morning"? And there´s this rare documentary from 1968 I think with the name "Royal Family"....The Queen didn´t like it and Princess Anne said she can´t remember enjoying any part of it...but for the sake of history and personal opinion I´d like to watch it myself...so I´m especially looking for them and as I said....Princess Anne also appeared on the Blue Peter children´s programme, I don´t know what she did there, but that would be easy to find out at the internet...

So maybe somebody could provide me with at least one of the talked about appearances?

I'm sorry but your chances to see the documentary called "The Royal Family" from 1969 are pretty slim to none. The Queen owns the rights to it and it has never been fully broadcast since the original showing in 1969. Only a few select 1-3 minute clips have been reshown and those are all on Youtube anyway, so honestly unless you find someone who recorded the broadcast in 1969, you're never going to see it. Also, you're probably going to be very hard pressed to find interviews that have not already been posted on placed like Youtube and Google Videos. They probably would have already been up by now if somebody had them.

Are there any other interviews of Anne besides the ones with Terry Wogan, Norman Parkinson and the one for her 60th birthday? Those are the only three I can seem to find.

I'd love to see the royal family documentary from 1969.i wonder why the queen doesn't release it. ive only seen bits and pieces and read about it.

Princess Anne doesn't give many interviews so you won't find much

I'd love to see the royal family documentary from 1969.i wonder why the queen doesn't release it. ive only seen bits and pieces and read about it.

Princess Anne doesn't give many interviews so you won't find much

I don't know. From the little clips I have seen of the doc, it was a nice portrait of the royal family in their own words.

Gerald Ward did not have a relationship with Princess Anne not in the 1960s nor 1970s.

Christopher Wilson is claiming Princess Anne had a relationship with Gerald Ward in the 1960s before he married and after she left Benenden.

Gerald was married 30 March 1967. Princess Anne was 16.
Anne left Benenden in 1968.

This story is a complete fabrication... No evidence whatsoever that Princess Anne had a relationship with anyone except Mark Phillips and Timothy Laurence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Jilly Cooper :) , there seems to be a general idea that anyone involved in showjumping has a racy love life!

The Australian Women's Weekly interview is fab, lovely pics of Anne very relaxed at Gatcombe and lots of great quotes:

My fav -

I ask if she and Prince Charles ever have conversations about farming. "Yes… occasionally, but rather short," quips the Princess.

"I think even then it was easy to see that it was a very mixed blessing to have a title," says the Princess.

Although she's not prone to cooing over her offspring, the Princess Royal admits she's proud of their progress.
"I've got no complaints," she jokes. "To be honest, having children of parents who both achieved at a fairly high level in sport and they've both achieved their own levels in their own sports, is fantastic. But they've also created their own careers away from that, using that experience – they've done incredibly well."

One irritation for the feisty young royal was what she saw as blatant sexism at official functions.
"Of course, the Queen is the Queen and it's a different relationship, but I still got the feeling that there were women at that end of the room and men at this end of the room. I didn't go for that, so I just annoyed the men at the other end," she laughs.

In essence, she says, she's "jack of all trades, master of none" – which I think, looking at her farm, is a little harsh. As our chat ends, the Princess Royal jumps in her Land Rover and leads our photographer around her beloved acreage.

Last edited:
I ask if she and Prince Charles ever have conversations about farming. "Yes… occasionally, but rather short," quips the Princess.

[/I]

Loved that bit!

"NEW: A first look behind the scenes of those royal video calls

Watch how Princess Anne tried to teach her elderly mother about @zoom_us. But her elderly mother is, err, the Queen.

A great clip from tomorrow’s documentary ‘Anne: The Princess Royal at 70’ on @itv 9pm '

Omg, I love that clip ( I love P.Anne in general so that helps)

hopefully the documentary will be broadcast in the netherlands too at some point (can't watch itv from here)

The Australian Women's Weekly interview is fab, lovely pics of Anne very relaxed at Gatcombe and lots of great quotes:

My fav -

"I think even then it was easy to see that it was a very mixed blessing to have a title," says the Princess.

Although she's not prone to cooing over her offspring, the Princess Royal admits she's proud of their progress.
"I've got no complaints," she jokes. "To be honest, having children of parents who both achieved at a fairly high level in sport and they've both achieved their own levels in their own sports, is fantastic. But they've also created their own careers away from that, using that experience – they've done incredibly well."

One irritation for the feisty young royal was what she saw as blatant sexism at official functions.
"Of course, the Queen is the Queen and it's a different relationship, but I still got the feeling that there were women at that end of the room and men at this end of the room. I didn't go for that, so I just annoyed the men at the other end," she laughs.

In essence, she says, she's "jack of all trades, master of none" – which I think, looking at her farm, is a little harsh. As our chat ends, the Princess Royal jumps in her Land Rover and leads our photographer around her beloved acreage.

I loved the bolded quote. I wonder how the princess became a strong voice for women's empowerment, given that both of her parents are known to be old-fashioned in that regard.

Just caught up on the "Anne: the Princess Royal at 70" documentary which was shown last night. It was great. I would love to be like Princess Anne - nothing fazes her!

I was impressed they managed to get the PM to talk about Anne's work on camera (I'll keep political opinions to myself) but I thought it was good going for the 14th in line to the throne!

Although there wasn't much new it was nice to see Anne's work being recognised and to hear her talk at length. It was nice to hear Tim talking too as we don't often get much from him. I loved the - she married first an army officer and then a naval officer. So there must be something about the military that attracts her' line lol.

Yes, I liked hearing from Tim - he's pretty anonymous usually, and I never feel like I know that much about him.

I was impressed they managed to get the PM to talk about Anne's work on camera (I'll keep political opinions to myself) but I thought it was good going for the 14th in line to the throne!
I agree it was good to have the current PM praise her work (I'll also refrain from political comment) but although she's only 14th in the line of succession, her elevated rank as The Princess Royal alongside a lifetime focused more on genuine service than puffing up her own importance, earns her a great deal of public respect and a rather special place within the BRF I think.

I do respect the way Anne has managed (admittedly its taken years) to create her "working" role and still remain rather private and have her own family life that isn't all based around them being working official royals. Its as close to perfect as royal life can get IMO - a very distinct public role that is very business like vs a clearly very close and loving private family life.

Just caught up on the "Anne: the Princess Royal at 70" documentary which was shown last night. It was great. I would love to be like Princess Anne - nothing fazes her!

Its hard to believe the Princess Royal is almost 70!

Back
Top Bottom