Princess Alexandra, News and Picture Thread 1: April 2004 - February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
satin is very unforgiving--it shouldn't be worn in a suit if you don't have perfect figure. One accent piece would be ok--this suit makes her look bigger than she is.

i love how she dresses her daughter using beuatiful white and flowers :)

I don't like the hats that Maria Teresa wear. They are too big and not very elegant. I find it stupid that the women wear such big hats in a church (to the disadvantage of persons behind) and the men are not allowed to wear anything.:rolleyes:

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Well, aren't men's hats kind of out of style?
Well Truckies have replaced Top hats ^___^ but i think Top Hats look cute with the tux wouldn't mind seeing them around hehehehe

you know that this is a thread about alexandra so try to keep it on the topic

haha we keep getting so off topic hehehe imagine us getting interviewed at a royal function some how talking about the country will end up into talking about what u ate for breakfast....

does anyone know what sports she does?

Josefine said:
you know that this is a thread about alexandra so try to keep it on the topic
opps sorry hehehe...we tend to get carried away hahahaha...sorry ^__^

hey does anyone know where Alexandra goes to school? is she home schooled or does she study overseas???

She is going to a school in Luxembourg. She will probably go to the same boarding school as her brothers, but it is a two year school. This is b/c it is an IB school.

Princess Alexandra is now 13 years old and that's the time that children in Luxembourg go to a secundary school (named Lycée). The school is starting at the age of three with three years of kindergarten than there are six years of primary school and with the age of 12/13 you start your secundary school (named Lycée Classique or Technique, the first one is more with litterature, languages and mathematics and the second one is more for trade or craft jobs).

Princess Alexandra is certainly in a Lycée Classique where she is 7 years. Unfortunately I ignore which school it is.:(

At the age of 18/19 she will study on an university and I heard that it is a family tradition that the Grand Ducal family members are going on the University of Geneva (Switzerland).;)

Henri had met Maria Teresa at this university in the seventies!;)

Guillaume, Felix, and Louis didn't go to Geneva, though.
IB stands for international baccalauriate. Its this international higher learning program that gives students university level classes for what many countries consider to be the last two years of college. The classes are university style with outlines and oral presentations, etc. But the teachers are just regular teachers. There is this extended essay with multipe parts that you have to do. In each class, there is some form of an assessment, usually a series of essays or a lab.
If one does all these things, they will recieve an IB diploma, which is recognized worldwide. If one doesn't take the required amount of courses (i.e. they take standard level courses with IB courses) they get an IB certificate along with a regular diploma.
Hope this helps :)

IX State Visite in Italy / Audience to the Pope in Vatican March 2003

The following 10 pictures are from 27th March 2003 when Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and her five children (Guillaume, Felix, Louis, Alexandra, Sebastien) had an Audience to the Pope in Vatikan.

Note: On the first two pictures you see Prince Sebastien with crutches!

There are more pictures of the event and the state visit on the web but this is a thread about Princess Alexandra! I will post these pictures one time in another thread, but for now I recommend you this link with 36 beautiful pictures:

Attachments

• Alexandra vatikan 2003 2.jpg
    Alexandra vatikan 2003 2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 404
  • alexandra vatikan 2003 3.jpg
    alexandra vatikan 2003 3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Alexandra vatikan 2003 4.jpg
    Alexandra vatikan 2003 4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 293
  • alexandra vatikan 2003 5.jpg
    alexandra vatikan 2003 5.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 287
  • alexandra vatikan 2003 6.jpg
    alexandra vatikan 2003 6.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 330
  • Alexandra vatikan 2003 7.jpg
    Alexandra vatikan 2003 7.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by a moderator:
like u would think they would all be so holy going to the pope... do u think they are strict catholics in all aspects of life

bad_barbarella said:
like u would think they would all be so holy going to the pope... do u think they are strict catholics in all aspects of life
What do you mean by this comment? That they are being disrespectful? I don't think that they were being disrespectful, in fact, I think the exact opposite.

Gabriella said:
What do you mean by this comment? That they are being disrespectful? I don't think that they were being disrespectful, in fact, I think the exact opposite.
no i was not being disrespectful sometimes i just dont put my words properly... i was just like wondering if they all follow the church... i am not catholic so i find it interesting because i adore the nuns and the whole thing... i am just an anglican... i guess you cant help what you are born into...

like do catholics have to follow rules? :confused:

bad_barbarella said:
no i was not being disrespectful sometimes i just dont put my words properly... i was just like wondering if they all follow the church... i am not catholic so i find it interesting because i adore the nuns and the whole thing... i am just an anglican... i guess you cant help what you are born into...

like do catholics have to follow rules? :confused:
I wasn't trying to suggest that you were being disrespectful, I was just asking if you thought that royal family was being disrespectful. I didn't understand what you were saying is all.

They seem to be a fairly religious family to me, althought I am sure that there are others who would know better than me. I am also not Catholic, so I don't know too much about their practices either.

thanks :) i always wanted to be a nun but my mother would never let me convert :)

i wonder at what age will alex be allowed to wear the family jewels at events

Depends on how hardcore you're into your Catholicism.

I, fer'instance, haven't been to church in more than five years [well, since I moved to South Carolina, finding a Catholic church is kind of like searching for Bluebeard's treasure >.<].

On the other hand, I grew up with kids who went to Mass every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday, and were very deeply religious.

As far as having "rules", all religions have certain rules. Just depends on whether or not you choose to follow them. ;] The nuns......They're awesome. They give their lives to God and to the service of mankind, and they are some darn interesting people. My sewing teacher was a Hungarian nun who had lived through WWII and been imprisoned in a concentration camp before coming to the USA. She told some really great stories [and was a wonderful artist to boot].

The Grand Ducal family seems to be a quite religious family from my point of view. The church is really big in Luxembourg, so I'm not surprised on that angle. ;] Perhaps one of our Lux friends, like drimal, can elaborate on their churchgoing practices further for us......
Lollies!
-Kara-

suturegeisha said:
The Grand Ducal family seems to be a quite religious family from my point of view. The church is really big in Luxembourg, so I'm not surprised on that angle. ;] Perhaps one of our Lux friends, like drimal, can elaborate on their churchgoing practices further for us......
Lollies!
-Kara-
You are right suturegeisha. They seem to be a very religious family. They vistied the Pope in the Vatikan not only in 2003 but also in 2000 and in the year 1985 the Pope made a visit in the small Luxembourg. Although I'm not very faithful it is a pity that I don't see him at this time (I was only one year old, so you understand why:D !).
Another example for the high religiousness are the Christian or religious names of the family's children like Sebastien or Alexandra, or Princess Marie Astrid's children names Marie-Christine; Imre, Christoph, Alexander and Gabriella, or Princess Margaretha's children; Joseph-Emanuel, Maria Anunciata or Marie Astrid. If you desire to see the explanation of this names I recommend you these two links:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3868&page=2&pp=20

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3888&page=2&pp=20

Alexandra is Greek and means the defender.;)

She made her first communion on 9th May 1998 and the confirmation on 9th May 2004!

Last edited:
Supposedly the country is 95% Catholic, but there is now a law that says that religous polls can't be taken. But I wonder if they are really religous, like if they go to church when they are at boarding school, university, etc. B/c if so, they would have a reason to go to my town and I could meet Guillaume.

I think gaggleofcrazypeople lives in a predominantly catholic city that is somewhat well known...is that what you mean???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom