Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - January 27-28, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a little research on the Liberty Bell..how fascinating :) and what a history!

Camilla's hair seems to me too flat. There was a while there where her hair had 'that' extra bounce and it looked just wonderful but its looking a tad dowdy again..Of course the wind wouldn't have helped at all.

Its great seeing them both though :flowers:

Diamonds!

Camilla has worn two "new" pieces of jewellery so far during the US trip.

See here.
°

Can anyone identify the necklace? It's lovely.

Charles and Camila look like they are having had a really nice time in Philly.Even the Philly papers from what I have seen have been very nice to them.That CBS unedited video footage is golden, whoever mentioned it thank you. That local channel footage is great.
It's really horrible how the weekend is overshadowed for Charles and Camilla by his friend's murder. And murder was just so sad and pointless. I feel really
sorry for them.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=431880&in_page_id=1770

Camilla stuns Rod with her rock collection

Camilla stuns Rod with her rock collection | News | This is London

WOW! What a necklace! Camilla and Charles both looked stunning yesterday evening! I really enjoy it to see all the nice pics and read the reports. Their visit seems to be a successful one.:flowers:
Why did Charles wear all these decorations at the academy ball, i can´t see other men there wearing it too.

Camilla really is getting out some of her best jewellery. That necklace and that brooch just ooze elegance.

Charles and Camilla brings a lot of class to the US, I hope they visit often.
The two seem to be real happy.

I really like her brooch. It really looks like she is having a great time and the people seem to really like her.

Here are some links to articles and galleries. First the galleries:

Philadelphia Inquirer

The Academy of Music's 150th Anniversary

Philadelphia Daily News

Philadelphia Daily News 2(The Gala)

Associated Press

CBS 3

Then the articles and videos:

The Royals Tour Philly Sites

White Tie Gala Greets Royals

Philly Visit for British Royals

Charles and Camilla tour Liberty Bell

At the Academy: A red-carpet walk to a glittery affair

A Day in Royal Embrace

Here is a page all about the Academy of Music and its history. There are also articles about Charles and Camilla there as well. If you have seen "The Age of Innocence" then you know this famous Philadelphia Landmark.

Academy

Article from a blog about the visit 146 years ago

Prince of Wales

Love this photo from Getty Images:

"Hmm. This is good. Not bad at all".

Thank you for all the infomation Dennism!:flowers:

Here is the report from the BBC about the first day of the US visit. There is also a little vidio.
The BBC reporter seems to have a main interest in talking about the costs of the trip. Maybe he should also talk about the proud many people feel because the Prince will receive such an important award... ( i would do if i´m british...okay, i´m german, but i´m proud because i love him...:lol: )

BBC NEWS | UK | Crowds greet royal couple in US

The pictures and the visit seem to have been lovely.

My one minor irritation..has the presss given up doing any type of research anymore? She hasn't been Camilla Parker Bowles since 2005!

Prince Charles, Camilla Finishing Whirlwind Tour

It was the fifth -- or was it sixth? -- stop in a whirlwind day of sightseeing and receptions when the Duchess of Cornwall finally was able to have a cup of tea.

Prince Charles, Camilla Finishing Whirlwind Tour - Local News

Prince Charles goes from Philly to NYC today

A day after making nearly nonstop appearances throughout the city, the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall will get a brief respite from the public eye Sunday morning before resuming a full schedule that will take them to New York.

York Dispatch - Prince Charles goes from Philly to NYC today

Prince Charles, Camilla head to N.Y. after tour of Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall will get a brief respite from the public eye this morning before resuming a full schedule that will take them to New York.

21 News Now, More Local News for Youngstown, Ohio - Prince Charles, Camilla head to N.Y. after tour of Philadelphia

Thanks so much for all your work Skydragon! Wow! You are an all star!;)

All the things they have planned to do in NY sound really cool. I hope we get some good pics!!

And I have to say they both looked very relaxed and comfortable together and on this trip. There's definitely a level of ease that can be noticed in the pics. Good for them!!!:flowers:

Sunday in Philadelphia ... and Opinion

I just saw the Noon news and Camilla re-cycled a hat that she has worn in Scotland. Beige/Tan colored w/pheasant feathers. She looked nice. Despite the chilly weather, TRH walked the one block from the Four Seasons Hotel to the Arch Street Presbyterian Church, the spiritual home of the Welch community in Philadelphia.

Finally ... I wish the British media would focus on something more meaningful than the environmental worthiness of Prince Charles ... this man has done more for environmental issues than just about anyone else. So, he flies on an airplane. How would you expect for him to get around ... swim across the Atlantic?! Why not pick on Anne who also flew to Antartica? How about any other member of the Royal family. And, how did Diana get around while she was alive. The British media should be ashamed of themselves.

I love that brown outfit Camilla is wearing. She wore it at the Sandringham Christmas Service and I thought she looked stunning then. She really has done well fashion wise on this trip. Now let's see what she pulls out for King Harald's 70th. ;)

Are they going to Harald's 70th? Were did you see confirmation of this? I thought it was just Anne/Tim and Sophie/Edward.

I loved her necklace from the Academy gala, but WAY too much boobs and cleavage on show for my taste (and you get an idea of how low-brow I can be when I use words like boobs and clevage. and even I find it too much!)

Maybe the necklace could have been worn with a high neckline, and the necklace on display against it.

I think they'll go Zonk. When was it announced that Anne/Tim and Edward/Sophie were going? Buckingham Palace haven't announced who's going AFAIK but I have a feeling it will C&C.

ap3 said:
I loved her necklace from the Academy gala, but WAY too much boobs and cleavage on show for my taste (and you get an idea of how low-brow I can be when I use words like boobs and clevage. and even I find it too much!)

Maybe the necklace could have been worn with a high neckline, and the necklace on display against it.

With or without high neckline. She has her "curves". I think she can show it. My opinion.

Indeed. Vicky Beckham had to pay for hers. Camilla should be proud to flaunt what she's been blessed with.

After a pretty hard and exhausting day I was anticipating to come and find all the fabulous pictures from the visit but the actual amount of superb pictures and information posted here was far beyond my imagination.
A Huge thanks to everyone, who posted them! :flowers:

Both Prince Charles and Camilla looked absolutely wonderful! :wub:
Camilla's outfits and jewelry was amazing. I'm still going through all the pictures and picture galleries, posted here but the visit seemed to be quite a success. :)

This site has a short video. :flowers:

The Prince Of Wales Walks To Sunday Service

Prince Charles, Camilla attend church in Philadelphia, then take historic train to NYC

PHILADELPHIA – Prince Charles and his wife Camilla waved to fans Sunday as they walked to a private church service before setting out for New York to continue their whirlwind American weekend.

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Nation -- Prince Charles, Camilla attend church in Philadelphia, then take historic train to NYC

The security men are 'alert' to say the least.

ap3 said:
The trouble with trying to wear most heavy stone set jewelry against a top, is that it gets caught and can damage either the top or the necklace. :flowers:

You can see they got some sleep. Yesterday they looked really tired. Particulary Camilla at the gala event. Understandable after such a busy day and jet lag.

Help!!

Okay everyone. That necklace...STUNNING! Is there any history on it? Warren?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom